Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: TH Product Suggestions - Rants Welcome - BMRC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #101
Rock Stacker

Default Re: TH Product Suggestions - Rants Welcome - BMRC

Id love to get a stock style steering bellcrank do we know when they will be available for purchase. Already have your shock plate and arms on my twin hammy so this would be a nice addition
Jiggawhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2013, 01:50 AM   #102
Rock Crawler

so any updates?
grunt95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #103
Rock Crawler

hey blue monkey I don't have a th yet but have you given sway bars athought as to solving some of the handiling issues?, keep up the good work buddy!
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:13 AM   #104
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt95 View Post
so any updates?
sure! i was hoping to have everything done today which is still possible but unlikely. i'm building a street/easy trail LJ and this weekend i made a last minute decision to go from a 4 link to a 3 link in the front. my weekend was spend cutting/machining suspension brackets, tack them on, cycle suspension, cuss, cut off brackets, design new brackets, repeat... this is after the 4 link was completely designed, proved and tacked into place.

so thats why i'm writing this instead of posting pictures of the IFS upgrade (TH) and conversion (Wraith) because my saturday and sunday didn't go as planned.

i did manage to make some aluminum trailing arms for the HPI mini trophy truck for a customer. if they work i might as well make a few sets and put them up on the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRockStar199xX View Post
hey blue monkey I don't have a th yet but have you given sway bars athought as to solving some of the handiling issues?, keep up the good work buddy!

we have been itching to make anti-sway kits for various rigs but just haven't had a chance to get into that yet. also, there are several front and rear kits for the TH already on the market.
Blue Monkey RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:56 AM   #105
Quarry Creeper

I am willing and ready to try the upright bell crank. In fact the only part my build has been waiting on is the steering set up, everything thing else is done. I have been waiting for almost a month for another steering kit but haven't heard from the vendor since.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1375102570325.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  55.6 KB

Sent from my MB855 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
foratm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

thanks for the update BMRC. hope to see production models soon. Keep up the great work!
Old 07-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

i'm having issues finding an economical solution for beveling the bottom of the aluminum skid plates so they won't snag on the rocks and whatnot. i will likely have to modify my chamfer tool which will put me another few days back. sorry guys it seems like i've been 99% complete for the last 3 weeks but the little things keep biting me in the butt.

here is a spreadsheet of the parts required to finish the conversion. this is an alternative to purchasing a complete exo kit or rtr:

http://www.virginia4x4.com/bmrc exo ...ist rev A.xlsx

let me know what you think.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #108
Rock Crawler

modified. back in business!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #109
Pullman Crawler

Sweet I can't wait to get my hands on a conversation kit. Keep up the great work!
A_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #110
Rock Crawler

GOOD NEWS I found an engineer with some experience with power transmission and is willing to work with us on the front diff gears and offer better ratios for the 2 speed tranny. so this part of the project is starting way earlier than I expected. per usual i'll keep everyone posted as time allows.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #111
Quarry Creeper

That is good news!
riskyjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

I would like it if the second gear was taller. First gear is nice for crawling but second just isn't tall enough after I geared to crawl in first gear.

But I just took it out for the first time this morning.

Man, these things have terrible steering. there is so much slop in the front slider system

Last edited by z50king; 08-03-2013 at 02:20 AM.
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

was there any plan for a front widening kit?
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Monkey RC View Post
now taking names for testing the upright shock version of the steering bellcrank conversion. this will be another informal pick, please do not put your name in the hat if you do not have the ability to immediately test and give feedback. **new** you must have a star.
If you are combining an upright shock mount with a bellcrank conversion, this is exactly what I'm wanting for my TH. It seems senseless to me to try to make 2 separate aftermarket parts work together when they could both be combined. Your upright shock mount is a nice looking piece, it seems to me the bellcrank assembly could be added to it w/o a whole lot of headache.

How can I put in my name for a testing lottery? PM you? I would be honored to test parts for a company that is as on-point as you are with BMRC...
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #115
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
was there any plan for a front widening kit?
there are a couple of guys working on swapping in longer lower front control arms from other IFS trucks. i was hoping someone would come up with an easy DIY solution for this and BMRC would buy a mess of CVDs from MIP to fit the longer arms and plug into whatever is the knuckle of choice.

if you want to go as far as to swap in a complete IFS from an EXO we have a kit that will allow you to bolt it in with ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
If you are combining an upright shock mount with a bellcrank conversion, this is exactly what I'm wanting for my TH. It seems senseless to me to try to make 2 separate aftermarket parts work together when they could both be combined. Your upright shock mount is a nice looking piece, it seems to me the bellcrank assembly could be added to it w/o a whole lot of headache.

How can I put in my name for a testing lottery? PM you? I would be honored to test parts for a company that is as on-point as you are with BMRC...

this is actually done. i was thinking the steering bellcrank is in the same location as the non-upright plate... so as soon as i hear back from my product testers for the non-upright shock mount i'll feel safe to start selling the upright/bellcrank setup. i made a few other enhancements to the design of the upright mount as well including a better battery strap setup and a mount for the legendary K3 winch. there are huge amount of options with the new generation upright shock plate. Bellcrank + battery, bellcrank + K3, bellcrank + speed controller, no bellcrank, etc, etc.

you can do it all with one part.

i need to start taking pictures of all this stuff and put it on the website. life is busy these days.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #116
Quarry Creeper

Can't wait to see the pics!
robvbro81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #117
Rock Crawler

Good to hear. What size batteries fit up there with the upright shocks?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #118
Rock Crawler

cant wait! BMRC brought new life to the twin hammer
Old 08-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by z50king View Post
Good to hear. What size batteries fit up there with the upright shocks?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

much larger than stock. i'll take some measurements when i get everything back together for pictures.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Monkey RC View Post
there are a couple of guys working on swapping in longer lower front control arms from other IFS trucks. i was hoping someone would come up with an easy DIY solution for this and BMRC would buy a mess of CVDs from MIP to fit the longer arms and plug into whatever is the knuckle of choice.

if you want to go as far as to swap in a complete IFS from an EXO we have a kit that will allow you to bolt it in with ease.

exo front end mated to a TH chassis?
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote

TH Product Suggestions - Rants Welcome - BMRC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Craigslist rants and rave demonoid369 Chit Chat 0 07-17-2011 03:12 PM
BMRC BJ Build BlueMonster Tamiya TLT Crawlers 9 03-10-2008 12:06 PM