Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Open rear diff?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2014, 07:51 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Open rear diff?

Thanks for some update info Stan. Did you run some diff oil in your open rear diff? I'm running mine with 500k diff oil. I'm liking it a lot as well.
toyotatrucks83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mink435 View Post
My friends farther runs a small engineering firm that specializes in gears and gogs. Would a copy of the drive shafts in aluminium with the same round head and hole as the front be up for he job? or even a set of spider gears with a square holes to go straight on to originals work?
If your friend's father specializes in gears & cogs, would it not be more appropriate for him and within his specialty, to make the gears with square holes?
Bl-air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:06 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

its a different animal altogether with the rear diff opened guys but remember to face off the sun gears for clearence and be sure if you hit them holes they are dead dead dead square or serious binding issues occur , open rear with 500k is the answer !!

my twin hammers , starting an upgrade

Last edited by biggamehunter; 04-30-2014 at 04:09 PM.
biggamehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

also stan if you get in touch with gunnar , hes got a thread in the vendors forum titled cvd pins , he will make you a full set of ultra hard super high tensile pins for your cvd,s ,mip propshafts, wheel hexes and diffs , they are very very strong and very very good , i bought 2x sets not knowing how good they were but still have a complete set as the first ones i fitted are nuke proof !! cheers shaun
biggamehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:23 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatrucks83 View Post
Thanks for some update info Stan. Did you run some diff oil in your open rear diff? I'm running mine with 500k diff oil. I'm liking it a lot as well.
Actually I am not running diff oil YET I am still using grease but plan on trying 500k. I have been trying out different tires. Just put on front GCM shock towers with Gmade aeration shocks. Wow! I wish I did this long ago. Also put the rear axle truss.
I used to snap the CVD pins when I was locked. Knock on wood I have not snapped any since I opened both diffs but plan on taking Bigamehinters tip again and getting a strong set from Gunner.
Currently have too many mods with no time to do them. Changing body and putting custom light buckets along with RC4WD light bar. Have all parts but may be a while to get to.
Stan3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:15 AM   #26
RCC Addict

I wish someone made an open-diff kit for the Twin Hammers. This mod looks awesome, perfect for reducing tire drag and traction-rolling when cornering on hard surfaces, but all I have is a Dremel and I'm not going to be able to drill through hardened steel with that.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Wow, great thread with lots of great ideas! I've always thought this would be a great high speed basher buggy if it had open gear diffs front and rear that could be tuned with diff oil of different weights.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Open rear diff? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open rear diff??? Tgreer Vaterra Twin Hammers 13 06-23-2020 05:57 PM
Open front diff Tgates Axial Wraith 16 02-05-2014 07:14 PM
looking for an open diff cmdrpopnfresh Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 05-23-2008 03:07 PM
Open Diff Swiss Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 03-13-2008 10:18 AM