Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #761
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
i tried to do this in a PM to either of the DNA guys but wasn't able to do it....no name where i got the parts from, but i just bought your steel upgrade kit for your dig unit, great job on these parts ....i bought them from the only online r/c store that had them in stock....

when you send these parts kits to these stores do they have the shift fork in the package....the package i received looked like this....your DNA bag was opened and a zip-loc bag was with the parts in it minus the fork and looked to be heat sealed back into your parts bag but hanging out of it....

the other vendors that i looked at have the fork included in the description in there online store, but not on the site i bought from plus i didn't see just the fork for sale on his site either....seemed strange to me that i didn't get the fork, plus it cost me 5.00 more then others selling the same kit ....just looking for an answer before i go to this guy and ask him, when/if the fork is included from DNA...............bob

OK, To clear this up, We DO NOT package the rebuild kits with a shift fork. Only the digs come with the shift fork. If you would like a shift fork please e-mail customerservice@dna-rc.com . You will need to cover shipping. We do not sell the shift fork in the rebuild as it is not a "high wear" part. This also keeps the cost of the steel rebuild kit down. The shop and customer service is only open Monday-Thursday 6:00am-4:30pm .Don and myself do work after hours (ALL THE TIME) to help keep up. We will look forward to your e-mail to get you taken care of.
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #762
RCC Addict

bob1961, e-mail and we will get your fork out today.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #763
Quarry Creeper

So when are you guys releasing the SSS for regular production??? ETA on availability?

Also, I noticed that this pre-production setup does not include lower links:

http://www.shoprchq.com/

Do you expect the final version to include upper and lower links?

Thanks!

Last edited by MtnBkr; 05-18-2009 at 08:46 AM.
MtnBkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:52 PM   #764

Speaking of the SSS. Any suggestions for tuning the suspension? The chassis it very stiff. I'm only getting a couple of inches of articulation in the front before the back wheels lift off the ground. I'm pretty sure I can shave down the spreader bar a bit. Any other suggestions?
Timmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #765
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmah View Post
Speaking of the SSS. Any suggestions for tuning the suspension? The chassis it very stiff. I'm only getting a couple of inches of articulation in the front before the back wheels lift off the ground. I'm pretty sure I can shave down the spreader bar a bit. Any other suggestions?
Run your torsion rods to the inside of the inner axle tab where they tie to the axle. To run this way you will have to make a spacer to run between the outer and inner ears but it give a good 5-6" of travel before lifting a tire with no added wheel weight The further you move your torsion rods in on the axle, the more flex you get...the further out the stiffer it gets.
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #766

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
Run your torsion rods to the inside of the inner axle tab where they tie to the axle. To run this way you will have to make a spacer to run between the outer and inner ears but it give a good 5-6" of travel before lifting a tire with no added wheel weight The further you move your torsion rods in on the axle, the more flex you get...the further out the stiffer it gets.

Simple enough, thanks.

Tim
Old 05-19-2009, 04:28 AM   #767

Quote:

After re-reading your response. I realized that I'm already running the torsion bars inside the inner tab and have spacers in place already.
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2009, 05:43 AM   #768
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnBkr View Post
So when are you guys releasing the SSS for regular production??? ETA on availability?

Also, I noticed that this pre-production setup does not include lower links:

http://www.shoprchq.com/

Do you expect the final version to include upper and lower links?

Thanks!
Yes they will. Looks like we are still going through pre-production packaging as well. That will be fixed ASAP
Old 05-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #769
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmah View Post
After re-reading your response. I realized that I'm already running the torsion bars inside the inner tab and have spacers in place already.

Actually you are running them outside the inner tab. I'm currently running mine on the opposite side of the inner tab as you and almost have a bit too much flex. You can also check your 4 link for any binding. Make sure the suspension cycles smooth.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #770

Quote:
Actually you are running them outside the inner tab. I'm currently running mine on the opposite side of the inner tab as you and almost have a bit too much flex. You can also check your 4 link for any binding. Make sure the suspension cycles smooth.

I see said the blind man.

I missed the part where you swapped the torsion to the inside of the tab with the links. Your earlier build had it like mine. I didn't look too closely at your subsequent builds.

Well off to Grainger to get some new hardware...

Thanks for the help again,

Tim

P.S. I hear you met a couple friends of mine that own/work at Proshop Paintball recently. Al is the one that got me into crawling.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #771
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210solomon007 View Post
Yes they will. Looks like we are still going through pre-production packaging as well. That will be fixed ASAP
Cool... look forward to the release! Thanks for the reply!
MtnBkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #772
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
bob1961, e-mail and we will get your fork out today.
i don't need a fork as it is in great shape yet....i was just wondering why one vendor sold the fork in the rebuild kit and one didn't, plus for 5 bucks more without the fork too ....if i ever do need one i'll email ya thx..............bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #773
Pebble Pounder

Default snipers

berg offset snipers. what should the measurement be between the rims with rings on & outside the rims with rings on. my rims hit the knuckles even with wider hexes. what should the back spacing be inside the rim?
bajajam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:35 AM   #774
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajajam View Post
berg offset snipers. what should the measurement be between the rims with rings on & outside the rims with rings on. my rims hit the knuckles even with wider hexes. what should the back spacing be inside the rim?

Do the head of your screws touch the edge of the ring? What axles are you running.?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #775

Anyway to get a skid for a slingshot milled to let the tranny and DNA dig to sit lower? It looks like it could be done just moving it back a few mm to clear the rodend on the front lower link. Any CG advantage is a plus.
gator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #776
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Do the head of your screws touch the edge of the ring? What axles are you running.?
running newage berg axles. they hit the stock knuckles with the stock hexes where you cant even run it. so i bought some thicker or wider hexes. so then i bought the ckrc high knuckles & steering. it got better but i still have to run wider hexes. just curious what the dimensions should be. back spacing, measurement between the rims on berg axles with the rings on. please & thank you. also bought the jp custom lockouts. the rims rubbed on the lockouts with stock hexes so i have to run wider hexes on the rear also.
bajajam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #777
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys.... A few months ago I needed the steel upgrade repair kit for the DNA dig and..... Someone helped me out and gave me a link on a person who had them in stock....Can that person or someone else give me that link again..? I can't seem to find it again..
THANKS

m&mkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #778
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mkrawler View Post
Hey guys.... A few months ago I needed the steel upgrade repair kit for the DNA dig and..... Someone helped me out and gave me a link on a person who had them in stock....Can that person or someone else give me that link again..? I can't seem to find it again..
THANKS

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149491
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #779
I wanna be Dave

Default and input from DNA would be appreciated

I'm having an issue with my dig... was wondering if you DNA guys could chime in.

my dig sticky dig.... help
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #780
I wanna be Dave

posted a reply in your thread