Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #161
Pebble Pounder

So far... so good with my build. My only gripes are that the diffs seem a little crunchy... tight, and i had to file down the keyed end of a axle shaft to get it to fit.
sean68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #162

Chris thanks for the info. I actually finally got a hold of someone yesterday. Bought the kit friday found the issues saturday and was hoping it would be a quick fix over the weekend. I took some pictures of the problem and forward it on to customer service. I also found the problem to be not so much with the bent pings but the bushing the ring slides over. it was way to tight and binding. i sanded the bushing down a little and have gotten the rear diff to lock. this seems to be a temorary fix. Ill work with customer service to get the complete fix.
808venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #163
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up Customer service

I just emailed customer service about an issue I have and got a response within 5 minutes taking care of it. I am glad I went with Venom even with the known issues. There customer service really is awesome.
kruzr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #164
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs up Excellent Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzr69 View Post
I just emailed customer service about an issue I have and got a response within 5 minutes taking care of it. I am glad I went with Venom even with the known issues. There customer service really is awesome.

X2!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had the same excellent customer support, anyone who has a problem take chris's advice and hit up the email he posted above!

BTW Thanks for ther help Chris!
Larson627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #165
I wanna be Dave

Default Pins Broke

I have to say I am quite disipointed with mine so far! I have heard that the customer service is hit and miss so I hope I am one of the lucky ones. I built this up so my dad could compete with it at our comp that is in less than 10 days away. I busted the pins that holds the stub shafts and axle shafts all together. Sad thing is that I am running a Axial tranny with a slipper clutch that is quite forgiving right now and I still broke :-( on the first run out.

Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #166
Pebble Pounder

We have some new replacement parts in for warranty claims so if you need pins or axles or VCD parts then please contact us. Just arrived yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Chris
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #167
Rock Stacker

Question CS Question

Chris, I have broke 2 stub axles and went to the local hobby shop and replaced them both ( I was in a hurry to get it going again ) I called customer service and they are going to send me a couple replacements. my question is are they going to send out the pins for those as well or do I need to request them ?
CleptoLeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #168
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLINGAROUND View Post
We have some new replacement parts in for warranty claims so if you need pins or axles or VCD parts then please contact us. Just arrived yesterday afternoon.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Chris

I sent out an email a couple days ago, how far out are they at answering people back?
Old 03-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #169
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleptoLeptic View Post
Chris, I have broke 2 stub axles and went to the local hobby shop and replaced them both ( I was in a hurry to get it going again ) I called customer service and they are going to send me a couple replacements. my question is are they going to send out the pins for those as well or do I need to request them ?
If you needed the pins that would have been the time to request them. Did you break pins or your just replacing them? I'm not sure the shipment has been sent yet maybe we can head it off and drop pins in it.

Send me a PM with your info so I can talk with Paul.

Chris
Old 03-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #170
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
I sent out an email a couple days ago, how far out are they at answering people back?
I cant say exactly but they get a couple hundred emails almost everyday
Give them another day maybe or send a follow up email today. You can PM me with your question and I can look into it as well.

Chris
Old 03-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #171

I found a suitable replacement for the pins. Try .078 music wire I bought 9ft for $3 at hobby town. Cut them with a Dremel or pliers. haven't broke them yet.
Thurzday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #172
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLINGAROUND View Post
I cant say exactly but they get a couple hundred emails almost everyday
Give them another day maybe or send a follow up email today. You can PM me with your question and I can look into it as well.

Chris

Chris you are the man. I actually got a hold of dave (nice guy) they are out of the xcd pins and a few other things. But I ended up purchasing a few stub shafts and axle shafts just to be safe and to have on hand.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #173
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurzday View Post
I found a suitable replacement for the pins. Try .078 music wire I bought 9ft for $3 at hobby town. Cut them with a Dremel or pliers. haven't broke them yet.
happen to know exactly what length works for these?
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #174
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
happen to know exactly what length works for these?
The pins are 12mm long. Please correct me if I am wrong guys!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #175

Chaotic's right. I on the other hand just put the wire through the holes marked and cut it. You can grind it smooth as well.
Thurzday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurzday View Post
Chaotic's right. I on the other hand just put the wire through the holes marked and cut it. You can grind it smooth as well.

I leave the burrs on the ends. this helps hold the pins in
twigg425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #177
Rock Stacker

I just got my replacement axles in less than 48 hours. Best customer service I have ever had. Thanks
Old 03-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #178

well breaking a drive shaft officially sucks... now i gotta wait to get a new one. is anyone aware of a upgraded driveshaft for the front?
nantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #179
Quarry Creeper

i threw a traxxas one on and havent broke it yet. get a big pack of them, its cheaper that way. i think you get like 6 or so?
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:38 AM   #180
Rock Stacker

I needed a new charger so I could switch to Lipo, and because of the customer service I received, I got the Venom Pro Charger. Just wanted to say Thanks again.