Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: wanting a winner... build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #261
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: wanting a winner... build thread

All good 27... It may seem that way from looking at it, its way more front bias then my stock chassis tho. As where I was a little weight forward at the front of my skid plate I had to pick it up by the front yoke to get it to semi balance on my finger. The only thing that changed was the chassis... I'm sure someone better off will chime in an give a better answer to this..

Off to my build...
I worked on the front links an I worked on the front shaft, tricky it was, the front shaft is now two male shafts with a female an two custom springs holding it all together.

As I moved my upper links around I got my btl just a few degrees back from zero.. yet in a diff hole then Thomas. I believe I did a little too much bending on them. For now it will do...

What I have left to do ... I still have my rear lower links to shorten to get with in comp rules of a 12 1/2 inch wheel base. As I have my first comp coming up on may 5th! I also have a scx-10 cherokee build, that I just pulled all the stock electronics, motor, an lights off of tonight... Still have the all the links,(steering as well) an the shocks off yet. The only thing staying is the chassis an axles... On top of my rigs, I have my wifes 1:1 cherokee to put my lift on an get the tires on. Busy busy.. luckily the 1:1 doesn't come out from inspection till Fri at the earliest, hopefully Mon. So I have time to finish my girl! (Paradox creeper) ...

Is that wrong? Then I don't want to be right! Lol
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #262
Rock Crawler

You have a pm winner
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #263
Rock Crawler

Also your creepers looking really good man keep up good work
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #264
Quarry Creeper

Rigs looking great bro..
For getting to the 12.5" comp wheelbase it looks like your rear is fine but your front is too long. I think I'd try bending those front lowers a bit more before chopping more off of the rear.
28offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #265

do you have the front axle turned back a little?
prozac0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #266
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28offroader View Post
Rigs looking great bro..
For getting to the 12.5" comp wheelbase it looks like your rear is fine but your front is too long. I think I'd try bending those front lowers a bit more before chopping more off of the rear.
Another way to shorten the WB is to spread the links at the axle or put them closer together at the chassis...I hav eto get the MOA prepped for a comp tonight but Ill have some updated pics from my Creeper in my thread either tonight or tomorrow...Ive been rolling some ideas around in my head for a couple of weeks and will try them out and post my findings.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #267
I wanna be Dave

Yep, front axle is rolled back some. My links are as wide as I can at the axle an already skinny off my chassis.. well the back more then the front. I ran out of longer screws.. so only a ball end width on the front links an two widths at the rear links. (At the chassis)..

The front does seem long but till I test it ill leave it where it is. It doesn't need much just bout 1/4 to 1/2 inch..

I'm also thinking bout running blue dot rovers in the rear after I test. I know they would of help take some bite out of her before The new chassis...
Old 04-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #268
I wanna be Dave

Ok xrv2 chassis owners... Anyone willing to send link lengths from eye to eye? I'm gapme an ready to cut or bend or whatever I have to to run her. My sickness is acting up.. its been two days! .. scx-10 cherokee build started so she's apart as well.. wraith in a box.. Ahhhh! I guess its my sons mini Sct if it gets too bad... LOL.. not really laughing tho... Lower links measurements are more important..
Old 04-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #269
Rock Crawler

Is it too long?
masonis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #270
I wanna be Dave

Over legal comp length
Old 04-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #271
I wanna be Dave

ANy help on the above questions would be great, havt to crawl tonight an nothing figured out.. I did switch the stock ball ends out for shorter ones. That got me to 12 1/2 before compresson... I think if I take a 1/8th off The rear lowers it will put me inside the wheel base when compressed. Also my axle roll really rolls my axle back pretty far when I hit the throttle..? Do I have it rolled back too far? I'll send pics of my electronics after work today
Old 04-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #272
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Ok xrv2 chassis owners... Anyone willing to send link lengths from eye to eye? I'm gapme an ready to cut or bend or whatever I have to to run her. My sickness is acting up.. its been two days! .. scx-10 cherokee build started so she's apart as well.. wraith in a box.. Ahhhh! I guess its my sons mini Sct if it gets too bad... LOL.. not really laughing tho... Lower links measurements are more important..
front lowers are stock...............
rear lowers are 108mm hole to hole

Since you need to lose 1/2"...Id make it fast and simple...1/4" cut from each rear lower rod end...all four rear lower rod ends....each link is then 1/2" shorter...no new links...or drill/tap required. Or you can also remove 1/8" from all of the rod ends from the front and rear lower links..

You never stated in other places how much link length you needed to lose...or gain...I went back through your thread to find the 13" squat WB length you stated above...Id also seriously suggest some larger Out Side Diameter spacer for the lowers at the chassis ends..using the rod end balls will probably allow the chassis to get bent if you push it too hard. I am working on a solution for those of us who try to turn the XRv2 into a pretzel at every comp like I do.

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 04-12-2012 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #273
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw27x View Post
ah ok sorry didnt catch that

one thing iv noticed is that all the vultures look like there rear bias witch means that you have to add more weight up front why not just more the whole chassis forward? and then not run as much weight up front?
The forward bias with the XR chassis comes from hanging the front axle so far out on front of the rig...it's design comes from Formula Off Road and Hill Climb designs where the front axle distance is extended...add that and the battery sitting right on the front axle...plus the servo...plus the forward weight of the motor....forward bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonis1 View Post
Oh now i fully understand. Thanks. I didnt know if you can just swap the skid from chassis to chassis to change the chassis. Hah i guess i was wrong!!
The biggest design difference between my chassis and any other is that the XR has the cab inset...the cab which has the shock mounting holes is narrower than the main lower chassis...this is for several reasons but the main one being to get better shock angles to the axle. Pretty much every other chassis is designed in reverse to mine...narrower bottom..fat top...thats fine but it forces you to have all of your electronics mounted higher...I wanted to take advantage of the trans mounted ESC location and the pocket on the other side of the trans for Rx or BEC/wires etc.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #274
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for all the Great info Thomas, ill have it straightened out after work.. I also got all my electronics mounted.. Bec an Tekin fxr mounted on the side of The tranny an the rx mounted on the back of The trans were th rubber plug is.. pics after work..
Old 04-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #275
I wanna be Dave

To start with... I wish you all, none paradox'd creeper owners good see an understand the smile on my face! It has been none stop from the first rock I crawled over today!

With that said.. I got smart an cut down my link ends instead of my links.. wheel base at full length is just shy of 12 1/2... Awesome! She settles out flawlessly an the TT is almost nil.. forward bias an climbing up an over was a breeze! Some roll overs but I was pushing her pretty good! Here is a couple of The crawl spot an rigs..

The guys an now the rigs...

The blue scx-10 is actually a ax-10 with a scx-10 chassis..
The orange is an ax-10 with a gate keeper chassis an blue dots..
The black is a Lnc with a lcc chassis AND my Creeper wheels an panther cougars..(sold them)
The sweet a$$ one!...... Paradox'd creeper! Oh hockey sticks YEAH!
We had a great crawl session..
Pics of electronics...

I had a slight issue with my front drive shaft coming apart under a hard bind,( to the axle roll with my link setup) a few times.. I just believe I need a little more spring on the tranny side an a little less spring at the axle.. or flop the shaft end for end an test again..

I get to see all three major brands crawl, an do to all of The creeper owners with the sickness an members of team paradox for all ur help to this point, I say, thank you! Thomas ur designs an countless hours of testing has made it possible for all of us to crawl to the too with our creepers!

Last edited by winnerone23; 04-12-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #276
RCC Addict

Awesome pics! They turned out good. I'll start on that lead for you tomorrow. I'm too wore out tonight. Good crawl today for sure.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #277

Awesome pics! and sweet crawl spot winner! im glad you got all the bugs worked out. that thing looks like awesome compaired to all the others! not that they are not nice rigs but that paradox chassis is sick!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #278
I wanna be Dave

Thanks prozac, what's ur name? Yeah the crawl spot is sweet! It has a nice long wall of big stone on the other side of the creek too. Yeah the XRV2 IS AWESOME LOOKING AN PERFORMS AS WELL IF NOT BETTER THEN IT LOOKS! I can't wait to finish it... I just got a set of safari links, black in color, To go with my carbon fiber plates I'm making to fit the chassis..

Last edited by winnerone23; 04-13-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Thanks prozac, what's ur name? Yeah the crawl spot is sweet! It has a nice long wall of big stone on the other side of the creek too. Yeah the XRV2 IS AWESOME LOOKING AN PERFORMS AS WELL IF NOT BETTER THEN IT LOOKS! I can't wait to finish it... I just got a set of safari links, black in color, To go with my carbon fiber plates I'm making to fit the chassis..
lol! its Zach. prozac is a nickname, anyways i cant wait to get home and go look for sweet crawl spots like that i would imagine in washington there are lots of good places i already got afew in mind. cant wait to see these CF pieces your making!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #280
I wanna be Dave

So its,the first day of fishing.. and I coulda cared less when I got there, all I could think was crawl!

Yeah its goin to be a new crawl spot!
I also noticed this.. not sure when or how, there aren't any marks on it from hitting a rock or anything..

So I'm goin to pull it off an straighten it an put it back on. Maybe a crawl tomm at the new spot, lol, its. Rock run...

wanting a winner... build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanting to build a quadcopter iamsuperbleeder Non Crawler RC's 21 03-25-2012 11:42 PM
Wanting to build my own lcc xThexFearedx Team Losi Comp Crawler 0 04-18-2010 11:26 PM
T-shirt winner(s) thread Cloak General Crawlers 23 08-14-2009 08:56 PM
wanting to try another tuber build iceman320 General Crawlers 8 03-29-2009 06:22 PM
wanting to build a clod PONYBOY87LX Tamiya Clod Buster 5 01-25-2008 11:52 AM