Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: wanting a winner... build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #161
RCC Addict

Default Re: wanting a winner... build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonis1 View Post
Dude whats u real name, calling you winner is kinda funny....
if you don't like calling him winner then call him 123 ..........
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #162
Rock Crawler

Makes me feel like im talking to a child then...
masonis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #163
RCC Addict

then call him by winnerone23 like his screen name really is
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:48 AM   #164
I wanna be Dave

Lol mason... It looks normal to me. I'm Troy.... My last name is Winner! I was born that way... Hahahaha

I would like them still..viper, just for some checking against my work, thanks... I had talked to Thomas a little bit an got some ideas. Like shorter ball joints if It's too long or longer ones if too short, etc...
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #165
Rock Crawler

Sorry dude. Hahah
Old 03-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #166
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Lol mason... It looks normal to me. I'm Troy.... My last name is Winner! I was born that way... Hahahaha

I would like them still..viper, just for some checking against my work, thanks... I had talked to Thomas a little bit an got some ideas. Like shorter ball joints if It's too long or longer ones if too short, etc...
okay i will pm you this evening after work
Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

Haha, its all good mason.. Troy, works
Old 03-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #168
I wanna be Dave

Troy...those measurements I gave Viper are the same general measurements that I gave you...not ball center to ball center but rather the amount to cut off and from which end of the link once you straighten the long bend out...its a cut 1 and 1/8" from the end of the bare link on the long straightened end.

On another note...you HR C-hubs came in and I sent an email to find out when Hot Racing will have the Venom knuckles available again..it shouldnt actually be too long. In the mean time I will fix the C-hubs and have them ready to match up to your knuckles when I get them.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #169
RCC Addict

okay so i guess i don't have to pm you since thomas spoke up
Old 03-31-2012, 03:26 AM   #170
I wanna be Dave

Oh ok, great on all of it! So the links are cut an I have had them in my pocket for two days, at work, to drill so I can tap them.. still haven drilled them!,,too busy.. its crazy. Only half a day today so hopefully they will be drilled an tapped today an I can get some pics up of the trusses on.. on another note rolled my front axle bake so my btl plate sits flat. Makes a good deal of diff when trying to get up an over obstacles. I have no complaints with the way she is crawling, off cambrr up hill turning an climbing where tt would be at its worse, is ... Well it isn't... Minor tire lift, but at the angle an degree I was climbing up an over, I don't see my buddy making it out an around an up an over.. ill get pics of that too! It's at my sons ball practice, so Mon.. is that bad? I take my creeper everywhere an crawl while my son practices.. hehe.. if It's wrong I don't want to be right!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

So a slow day here for the creeper forum... It's ok I did some work.. got out twice to crawl, worked half a day etc.. first I started with my rear lower links. I finished drilling an tapping them..

I didn't mount them tho, I was wondering what to do with the shocks once I put the truss on an the shorter lower links without haven a higher place to mount the shocks? So I moved on to my tx.. see I screwed up on the first lipo I bought, it had this tiny little plug on it...

SO I just set it aside, till today! I did a little work on the tx..

See the hole in it, highly enjoy using my dremel, I did a little cutting, then I took two of those foam rings an stuffed them in the hole. After that I got this...

Fits like it was ment that way! I have been wanting to do this, I just finally got a multi charging plug for my charger. Now I'm full lipo when I'm crawling! Sweet!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:49 PM   #172
I wanna be Dave

Also a few mods coming.. I'm getting rid of the sidewinder Sct edition.. not a fan... Llia with the xr chassis comin I wanted to be able to fit my electronics in her not all around her.. so I found a Tekin fxr.. actually two of them an a cc Bec wired together.. which works perfect cause I can use the one on my creeper an the other an the cc Bec on my scx-10 cherokee build.. I was goin to use my novak crawler esc.. but I have also found the axles to build my second creeper! Awesome! I will also be putting the aluminum wheels back on.. ckrc says they can't do anything bout the wobbly wheel since they haven made that wheel in 2 yrs.. so be it.. will a little wobble hurt on the back? So anyway.. maybe a shim or something can fix it..but I'm still not giving up on them till something catches my eye that's nicer or at least in the same way.. ill have more pics tomm or after I get more done to her..
Old 03-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #173
Rock Crawler

If ur getting rid of the sv pm if if you want to sell it.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #174
Quarry Creeper

What did'nt you like about the sct esc?....besides size.
28offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #175
I wanna be Dave

Mmmmmmmm..... Mason an 28.. were to start... Mmmmm..

Ok The Sct is the Sv2, diff sticker(I believe came from 2 but just doesn't do what I want it too? The drag brake works at higher speed to stop but not crawling up or down over anything.. it doesn't put out the constant power my rooster crawler did an It seems to die out like a 6cell would with the lipo cut off... Where a guy I crawl with, with a Tekin fxr, goes full bore right till it just cuts off.. maybe I want too much out of it.. maybe my brush issue I had with my motor is the problem... Now I only set it the old stick way, have a castle field link, still haven used it.. maybe its me.. just bein picky. Two diff rooster crawlers an nothing to say... One sidewinder, just not giving me what I wanted..

Mason... As far as selling it goes, we have no Lhs.. I'm getting a nice little club around right now of, a whopping 6 of us, for my area is awesome! Most of the guys, other then one, has no idea or Rccrawler or anything other then a rig an want to learn an crawl.. I'm not shrugging you off in anyway. I'm kinda the Lhs right now..
Old 03-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #176
I wanna be Dave

Well due inspection since I crawled twice today... Shows the rear truss will be goin on either way...

Oh well its why I got what everyone said to have... I did grind some away yesterday just for an idea of how the truss sits.. not a normal thing that I know of.. good thing for the long screw running into the spacer between the tabs.. kept me crawling. I wondered why it armmed to be lifting the front tire earlier during my second crawl.. too bad I thought I was putting all the new stuff on my new axles that are coming! Guess ill have to get a second rear truss...
Old 03-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #177
I wanna be Dave

Thanks mason... (From a pm) ill have my eyes open for ya..
Old 03-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #178
Rock Crawler

Sounds good.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #179
Quarry Creeper

Might want to get that sv2 dialed in before you give up on it. I have the fxr in my creeper and a sv2 in a diffrent r/c, both run at full power untill the lipo cut-off hits. I seen you can set the drag brake to 100%... I've read people saying it was only able to do %50...but that is'nt the case. Tons of tuning options, several different settings on power limiting.....maybe yours is set to a limiting mode.
28offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:54 PM   #180
RCC Addict

only 100% on the drag brake huh i believe my old sidewinder has crawler drag brake of about 213% .

wanting a winner... build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanting to build a quadcopter iamsuperbleeder Non Crawler RC's 21 03-25-2012 11:42 PM
Wanting to build my own lcc xThexFearedx Team Losi Comp Crawler 0 04-18-2010 11:26 PM
T-shirt winner(s) thread Cloak General Crawlers 23 08-14-2009 08:56 PM
wanting to try another tuber build iceman320 General Crawlers 8 03-29-2009 06:22 PM
wanting to build a clod PONYBOY87LX Tamiya Clod Buster 5 01-25-2008 11:52 AM