Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: NewBright JK Build GCM chassis Xr steering!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: NewBright JK Build GCM chassis Xr steering!

Well done!!
darkmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2013, 10:33 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Nice job on the patch work...are you able to sleep again?
Mr.Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Joshua View Post
Nice job on the patch work...are you able to sleep again?
Lol, Yeah.....sorta....Im now losing sleep over not having time to work on it lately ><

May end up redoing the links since I can move the body further back after hacking up the interior which would allow better room under the hood.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Jeep is coming out great.!!!!!! A couple of questions for you, I'm currently in the process of building my 2nd JK & I'm curious to know what wheelbase does your JK stand right now, On my first build I was using the Scx10 Dingo Aluminum links giving me a 12.3" wheelbase, are you using Axial links.? Also I was using the scx10 chassis. I'm really liking this GCM Cross Canyon Chassis. BTW this chassis is specifically made for the New Bright Jeep JK right.!? I'm having some trouble finding one, By any chance do you know where I can find a GCM Cross Canyon Chassis.!?
toyotaexo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaexo88 View Post
Jeep is coming out great.!!!!!! A couple of questions for you, I'm currently in the process of building my 2nd JK & I'm curious to know what wheelbase does your JK stand right now, On my first build I was using the Scx10 Dingo Aluminum links giving me a 12.3" wheelbase, are you using Axial links.? Also I was using the scx10 chassis. I'm really liking this GCM Cross Canyon Chassis. BTW this chassis is specifically made for the New Bright Jeep JK right.!? I'm having some trouble finding one, By any chance do you know where I can find a GCM Cross Canyon Chassis.!?
I havent measured it recently but it sits around roughly 13-13.25" right now. I may be redoing the links since I want to move the body back and that will misalign the wheel wells. My front links are custom length all thread and the rears are 91mm but may have to change that too.

This is a great chassis and love the t-case setup, makes it super clean.

I found my GCM chassis and t-case here on the classifieds but you can find it at their website GCM Racing WebStore-2013 - CrossCanyon Combo Kit

As for the fit, it is indeed a superb fit and would definitely get it again if I were to build a 3rd lol.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
I havent measured it recently but it sits around roughly 13-13.25" right now. I may be redoing the links since I want to move the body back and that will misalign the wheel wells. My front links are custom length all thread and the rears are 91mm but may have to change that too.

This is a great chassis and love the t-case setup, makes it super clean.

I found my GCM chassis and t-case here on the classifieds but you can find it at their website GCM Racing WebStore-2013 - CrossCanyon Combo Kit

As for the fit, it is indeed a superb fit and would definitely get it again if I were to build a 3rd lol.
Thanks.!! Also it indicated it will fit the New bright jk body with some slight trimming to the rear shock mount.! Is that right.!? I can't seem to find pics that indicates it. Can you show me how the t-case sits & rear shock mounts shit with the body on
Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #27
RCC Addict

These pics best represent where the body fits without any modification to the body or rear shock mount. The rear shock tower tucks into the space behind the rear seats and the "trunk". GCM cuts part of the rear shock tower to get the body lower and more forward on the chassis.

If you just tuck it like I did in the pics the front axle sits pretty far forward. By cutting the interior which I did, or shock tower like GCM I can move the body and axle back a little now. Hope that answers your question. If not feel free to ask more.

Here is a pic from GCM showing how they cut the rear. They cut the front part of the tower off.

Last edited by Shinjari; 02-01-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for clearing that out for me, I was concerned about having to cut the chassis shock tower, here's how my JK sits with the Axial Honcho based Chassis, at 12.3 wheel base, still a lil short up front was getting fender rub. [IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Yeah I followed that build. Turned out good. I even ended up getting a dingo cage to put in my other JK but never got around to it.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
Yeah I followed that build. Turned out good. I even ended up getting a dingo cage to put in my other JK but never got around to it.
Highly recomend the dingo cage fits like a glove, also saved my body from getting into pieces.. I'm thinking of picking up that axial rubi cage,
Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Yeah I don't wheel hard enough to where I've needed a cage or have fallen hard enough to worry about the body. Would look cool though.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

My Jk isn't a shelf beauty lol
Old 02-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaexo88 View Post
My Jk isn't a shelf beauty lol
My rigs get used all the time, just dont let them too out of reach of the "Hand of God" lol.

Well today I went and changed the links so I could move the body further back. Currently running 91mm in the rear and 106 in the front for lower links. Moving it back gave me an additional 1/2" of space in front of the 'firewall' for electronics.

I also decided to remove the slipper since I crank it down all the way and I had ordered the lockout and new spur plate anyways. This also gave me a little bit more room under the hood.

These are the two parts yu need to eliminate the slipper.

Now the wheelbase sits at 12.75" which is a whole 0.75" shorter than my OD Green JK seen on the first page of this thread. Hopefully this will crawl just as good as that rig.

Old links. ~13.15 front wheels/axle stretched up front past the grill

New Links. ~12.75 front wheels/axle just up to the grill now

Did some more styrene work also to stiffen the front since the hood used to provide a lot of rigidity. And also planning out flat fenders....but unsure if I will keep the no fender look.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #34

i love the jeep body its pretty i have the stock scx10 honcho
gingerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Was lurking around and learned (thanks to BENDER) that the Axial poison flares fit rather well on the New Bright body...I believe this is in my rigs future. Not sure if I'm sold on the no fender look yet. Maybe some people can post pics to convince me other wise. =)

Old 02-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Got some progress done on the top/roof as well as my electronics tray. It also acts as a spur cover just in case. Dont want my wires to accidentally get shredded.

Body still sits somewhat high for my liking, especially in the rear. Just another cm or two lower would be nice.

Got some serious body filling in my future. Mirrors, taillights, antenna hole, roof all need filler lol.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #38
RCC Addict

What's this "hood everyone's doing" that you speak of?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
What's this "hood everyone's doing" that you speak of?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
well maybe not everyone...but I did see a few that had an opening hood and I liked it and thought I'd do the same.

Love your SAS'd FJ build btw.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #40
RCC Addict

The hood idea came from scaleready's JK build.

NewBright JK Build GCM chassis Xr steering! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stelerzman Jk build with GCM chassis stelerzman 1.9 Scale Rigs 44 01-29-2014 07:18 PM