Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs
Loading

Notices

Thread: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2021, 11:02 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,977
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

I love watching this come together, man!


Regarding the Boom Racing ProBuilds - the shipping costs from Atees to the US ain't too bad.

I ordered a set of new faceplates, hubs, some MST rally tires (for a sweet set of near-vintage HPI Cup wheels I snagged on eBay!) and they threw in a couple scale traffic cones (I'm building up a collection, lolz) and the shipping cost ended up being around $10 for Express Airmail Saver (7-16 Business Days)...

They even sent me a pic of my order all gathered up and ready to box!

Pretty stoked for their arrival - I hadn't even assembled the set I have, but when I saw the new matte silver "Jelly Bean" slot mag faceplates I absolutely had to get 'em, and of course I needed 5-lug hubs to bolt them up.

Now as long as I don't eff-up the plans I have for the special secret body!
Attached Images
 
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2021, 09:37 AM   #82
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 3,723
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I love watching this come together, man!


Regarding the Boom Racing ProBuilds - the shipping costs from Atees to the US ain't too bad.

I ordered a set of new faceplates, hubs, some MST rally tires (for a sweet set of near-vintage HPI Cup wheels I snagged on eBay!) and they threw in a couple scale traffic cones (I'm building up a collection, lolz) and the shipping cost ended up being around $10 for Express Airmail Saver (7-16 Business Days)...

They even sent me a pic of my order all gathered up and ready to box!

Pretty stoked for their arrival - I hadn't even assembled the set I have, but when I saw the new matte silver "Jelly Bean" slot mag faceplates I absolutely had to get 'em, and of course I needed 5-lug hubs to bolt them up.

Now as long as I don't eff-up the plans I have for the special secret body!
Hey thanks durok!

Great to hear about Atees and their shipping cost. Seems like a good deal at $10 to ship from overseas. I'll have to check out what they offer for face plates and other accessories. The Jelly Bean slot mags would be a cool old school look to have!

Now I'm wondering what this "special secret body" is!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:23 AM   #83
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 3,723
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Small update. Finally was able to pick up the TGH Spur Locker. It's another hard-to-find item that is usually out-of-stock. Also picked up an Incision 56T spur gear to go with it.

While I had the FMM out, I cut a piece of shrink wrap and installed it on the upper driveshaft to help keep it more stable since it is so short.

Name:  IMG_7239.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  173.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7314.jpg
Views: 1144
Size:  179.1 KB

Name:  IMG_7315.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  129.7 KB

Name:  IMG_7316.jpg
Views: 1160
Size:  126.7 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 09:59 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: The Big Island
Posts: 2,006
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Looking good Brian!

I've gotta try one of them bare-bones trannies one day.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 06:13 AM   #85
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 3,723
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Looking good Brian!

I've gotta try one of them bare-bones trannies one day.
Hey thanks!

Hoping to get back on to this build soon! Life has been a little crazy lately and haven't had a chance to even look at my rigs!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:10 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: The Big Island
Posts: 2,006
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Hey thanks!

Hoping to get back on to this build soon! Life has been a little crazy lately and haven't had a chance to even look at my rigs!
Same here lol. I'm trying to build a C1 right now before September and between school and work I have almost no spare time.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 06:23 PM   #87
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 32
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

I like the heat shrink on the driveshaft. Gonna have to give that a try myself.
caluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 06:47 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: The Big Island
Posts: 2,006
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by caluke View Post
I like the heat shrink on the driveshaft. Gonna have to give that a try myself.
Same here, Might help keep mine together until I get a longer one
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 12:11 PM   #89
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Clifton Park
Posts: 19
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Thanks for sharing your build. Looks great so far.
Craigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 06:27 AM   #90
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 3,723
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by caluke View Post
I like the heat shrink on the driveshaft. Gonna have to give that a try myself.
Yeah, it does it great job in holding the driveshaft together!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Same here, Might help keep mine together until I get a longer one



Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigeo View Post
Thanks for sharing your build. Looks great so far.
Thank you and thanks for checking it out!

Hoping to jump back on this build soon so I can get it out on the rocks before the snow flies!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 01:05 PM   #91
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 3,723
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

For those of you who have forgotten about this build, me included, I have an update!

I was finally able to get my hands on a set of the Team Garage Hack TGH-HH H.O. V1.1 E.B.R. Edition Wheels for my GSpeed V1-C1 build. They are currently in stock in different colors and on sale. The V1 wheels are being replaced with a V2 design.

Back when I first started building this rig, I wanted the TGH wheels, but at the time they were really HOT and they were never in stock. So I went ahead and got the BoomRacing ProBuild wheels instead.

Well today the TGH wheels get installed!

Name:  IMG_8671.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  180.0 KB


Now that I have them in hand, they feel a lot lighter than I had imagined. In all of the pics I've seen of these wheels, they look to have some mass to them. Well they don't! They are light as a feather.

Here are the weights unmounted and mounted. Also a pic of them mounted on the ProBuild wheels.

Looks like the TGH alum wheels are identical in weight to the ProBuild wheels with the CF rings.

Name:  IMG_8675.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  149.9 KB

Name:  IMG_8674.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  165.3 KB

Name:  IMG_8673.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  176.4 KB


And a few pics with the wheels installed. These wheels fit right around the portal boxes as close as they can without rubbing.

Name:  IMG_8676.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  177.8 KB

Name:  IMG_8677.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  180.0 KB

Name:  IMG_8678.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  178.6 KB

Now that I have the wheels that I plan to run on this rig I can now tackle the job of heating and rolling the fenders to match the diameter of the tires.
I've never done the heating and rolling before, but I did watch a YouTube video! We'll see how this goes! Hopefully I won't have to buy a new cab and bed!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 07:52 PM   #92
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: easton
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Good to see your back on this build! This truck is one of the inspirations for the v1c1 I知 working on.

Have you tried putting a motor in this yet? I知 curious if you will run into the same front upper link issue I ran into. I知 running trx4 axles and had to move the front upper link to the outside of the chassis and axle mount.

For class 1 I think you can get away with just mild trimming the fenders a little for tire clearance. The tire tread should still be half covered


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 08:34 PM   #93
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 195
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

I love those wheels, and held off when I found a set recently. I wonder if that’s the same set… haha. They look right at home on this build.
DirtMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:49 PM   #94
Rock Crawler
 
distinctive pd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 955
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Looking good so far
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #95
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 3,723
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
Good to see your back on this build! This truck is one of the inspirations for the v1c1 I知 working on.

Have you tried putting a motor in this yet? I知 curious if you will run into the same front upper link issue I ran into. I知 running trx4 axles and had to move the front upper link to the outside of the chassis and axle mount.

For class 1 I think you can get away with just mild trimming the fenders a little for tire clearance. The tire tread should still be half covered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad that I'm finally able to get back to this build! I've been wanting to get this one done for awhile now. The trimming or rolling of the fenders is what had stopped this build in it's tracks. Now that I have the wheel of choice on it and know exactly what width and how much body I need to cover the tires, the build should start to speed up.

I haven't decided on a motor or ESC yet. I may start off with a HW 1080 which means the motor will be a 540 size. I have already had to bend the upper front link to clear the FMM motor plate. Not sure yet if the link will clear with a motor installed. In the end I would like to see some sort of Revolver motor and possibly a Mamba Micro ESC.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtMerchant View Post
I love those wheels, and held off when I found a set recently. I wonder if that痴 the same set haha. They look right at home on this build.
I like these wheels too. I was bummed that I had to wait so long to get them, but kinda glad I did because I was able to save a little money on them since they are on the clearance rack! I may pick up a different color bead lock ring for these wheels before they go out of stock.


Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post
Looking good so far
Thank you much!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 08:26 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,623
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Build is looking good! I suppose I should build one of these flat rail things sooner or later.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 02:31 AM   #97
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: 3rd rock pile on the right
Posts: 1,691
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Build is looking good! I suppose I should build one of these flat rail things sooner or later.
U should indeed soze lol. Theyre a fun build n perform wonderfully. Ive got a v1c1 n 2 v3 rigs, currently gatherin parts for a gshot rig. If u wanna add some bling to it, gspeed has colored cf rails too. The blue really pops in the sunlight. I hear the red, green, n yellow/gold does too. Ive got a set of purple for the gshot sittin on the shelf.

Brian, how soon can we expect an update on this beauty? Its been a minute brother lol
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 06:21 AM   #98
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 3,723
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Build is looking good! I suppose I should build one of these flat rail things sooner or later.
Thanks soze!

Yeah they're fun builds. I am shocked one of these hasn't landed on your bench yet!


Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
U should indeed soze lol. Theyre a fun build n perform wonderfully. Ive got a v1c1 n 2 v3 rigs, currently gatherin parts for a gshot rig. If u wanna add some bling to it, gspeed has colored cf rails too. The blue really pops in the sunlight. I hear the red, green, n yellow/gold does too. Ive got a set of purple for the gshot sittin on the shelf.

Brian, how soon can we expect an update on this beauty? Its been a minute brother lol
Yeah it has been a minute or two, even days! Hoping to get back on this soon. I wanted to have this done last year. This build has been the one that I really wanted to get done. Flaring the fenders has been the hold up as of late. I'm still trying to find a nice solid round object to use to roll the fenders and get the proper diameter.

I promise, no more other builds until the V1-C1 is done!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 08:22 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 3,623
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Thanks soze!

Yeah they're fun builds. I am shocked one of these hasn't landed on your bench yet!
I might have several rails.... Starting on them is a different story.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:53 AM   #100
Go Buckeyes!
 
B-MOW71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Mid-Ohio
Posts: 3,723
Default Re: B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
I might have several rails.... Starting on them is a different story.
Ah, got ya! Nice!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gspeed, gspeed-lcg



B-MOW's GSPEED V1-C1 Mojave Class 1 Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 81 02-10-2023 06:16 AM
TBuggy's GSpeed build TBuggy 1.9 Scale Rigs 28 05-27-2022 06:20 PM
B-MOW's GSPEED V3 VS4-10 Origin VFD Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 99 07-06-2021 09:22 AM
Gspeed/TGH/Enduro build for class 3 garyk 1.9 Scale Rigs 35 07-02-2021 01:17 PM
Gspeed V3 w/ Mojave body TK421 1.9 Scale Rigs 31 05-02-2021 11:17 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com