Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New Comp Build.......SWX......New Production Pics!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #841

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
I am just running my lowers in the stock location, with the uppers triangulated in the rear running my 4 link plate.

The red springs are Losi buggy springs.

You can probably use the stock AX10 body mounts in one of the upper shock mounting holes, or fab your own as you see fit.

Thanks.

I usually run 17-20wt oil out front, 35wt in the right rear and 50wt in the left rear. I don't limit the articulation at all.
t
THANK you BENDER that set up work grate but i change it a little bit i use red springs in the back with 45 w on the left rear and 35 and the right rear wheel an the front 20w and yellow springs works grate thank's!
Ecuador Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #842
Rock Crawler

Bender,
You installed the Axial CVD's back around post 400, how have they held up? Any failures with them?

Thanks for being a straight-up guy and sharing your wealth of information with us.
John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:53 AM   #843

When you added the Chisels did you lower your belly hieght back down to what it was with the claws or leave it high? I am running Rovers and finding the side hilling not as good as it used to be with claws on. I lowered the COG back down and find it a bit better.
BC_4RUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #844
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by John82601 View Post
Bender,
You installed the Axial CVD's back around post 400, how have they held up? Any failures with them?

Thanks for being a straight-up guy and sharing your wealth of information with us.
I've broken a few CVD pins over time, but it's not a major issue to me. I also run my slipper clutch pretty much locked out, with lipos, so something's got to give in hard binds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC_4RUNNER View Post
When you added the Chisels did you lower your belly hieght back down to what it was with the claws or leave it high? I am running Rovers and finding the side hilling not as good as it used to be with claws on. I lowered the COG back down and find it a bit better.
I did lower my ride height down since going to the bigger diameter tires for the same reason.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #845
RCC Addict

Bender, why do you prefer to run the optional taller gearing in the front axle and stock in the back? One would think that running stock up front and lower in the back would be more helpful to prevent torque twist.

Thanks!
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:27 AM   #846
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
Bender, why do you prefer to run the optional taller gearing in the front axle and stock in the back? One would think that running stock up front and lower in the back would be more helpful to prevent torque twist.

Thanks!

You're essentially doing the same thing either way, faster in the front, lower in the back..
syber70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #847

Hi Bender, after reading all of this build post a couple times im sold on an SWX i alrdy have a TCS Edge rig an a mostly stock AX10 so the bug has bit again im gona build an SWX an follow your build hope its not patient pending......lol......great build thread an thx for all the info an pics.....
E&W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #848
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by syber70 View Post
You're essentially doing the same thing either way, faster in the front, lower in the back..
Correct. ^^^

I personally run the high speed gear set out front to gain a little more wheel speed while digging. Either aftermarket gear set from Axial will help fight torque twist. Running the under drive gears out back will give you the same effect but with a little less wheel speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E&W Racing View Post
Hi Bender, after reading all of this build post a couple times im sold on an SWX i alrdy have a TCS Edge rig an a mostly stock AX10 so the bug has bit again im gona build an SWX an follow your build hope its not patient pending......lol......great build thread an thx for all the info an pics.....
Thanks, let me know if you have any questions on your build.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #849
I wanna be Dave

wouldn't running different ratio's in the two axles cause problems like a 1:1 rig, or is it too small of a difference to matter...............bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #850
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
wouldn't running different ratio's in the two axles cause problems like a 1:1 rig, or is it too small of a difference to matter...............bob

I dont think that it really matters that much because we arent dealing with the speeds of a 1:1 rig.
See65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #851
Rock Crawler

Higher gearset ratio = 2.57
Stock gearset ratio = 2.92
Lower gearset ratio = 3.30

Here is the thread for the optional gear ratios. Optional Ratio Gear Sets

The ratio between the Higher and the stock would be so minute that you would only see it when climbing vertical or digging. Correct me if I am wrong. I ordered mine and can't wait. Thanks Axial for thinking of ways to help us shafties out.

Bender do you know if they are going to make the helical gears for the stock ratio?

Last edited by treday619; 03-22-2009 at 11:58 PM.
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:05 AM   #852
RCC Addict

Brad, will axial be offering a dig servo mount for the SWX
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #853
"HOLLYWOOD"

Hey Bender wanted to ask you how your rig ran at the Midwest Comp.?
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #854
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post

It won't hurt anything at all. The slightly different ratio pretty much eliminates torque twist without any drawbacks that I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treday619 View Post
Higher gearset ratio = 2.57
Stock gearset ratio = 2.92
Lower gearset ratio = 3.30

Here is the thread for the optional gear ratios. Optional Ratio Gear Sets

The ratio between the Higher and the stock would be so minute that you would only see it when climbing vertical or digging. Correct me if I am wrong. I ordered mine and can't wait. Thanks Axial for thinking of ways to help us shafties out.

Bender do you know if they are going to make the helical gears for the stock ratio?
I'm not sure, but I'll see if I can find out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTGOINGSLOW View Post
Brad, will axial be offering a dig servo mount for the SWX
There aren't any plans to right now, but I may look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
Hey Bender wanted to ask you how your rig ran at the Midwest Comp.?
My rig worked awesome. I just made a couple mistakes on my 2nd course, which ended up costing me big time.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:25 PM   #855
Quarry Creeper

Hey Bender,

Can you see if you can help this guy out? I don't want to give him wrong advice. Quick swx Question

Was I correct in saying the SWX was designed to run a dig? That is the only thing that makes any sense to me but I am not an expert.

Thanks
crawlincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #856
Rock Crawler

Bender what's the eye to eye length on you lower links? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #857
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlincircles View Post
Hey Bender,

Can you see if you can help this guy out? I don't want to give him wrong advice. Quick swx Question

Was I correct in saying the SWX was designed to run a dig? That is the only thing that makes any sense to me but I am not an expert.

Thanks
The SWX is designed for the DNA dig, it'll all bolt right up to the skid plate. The only issue that may come up is with the stock DNA dig servo mount, it leaves the servo horn really close to the chassis. I just flipped the servo mount 180* then driled new holes to move the bracket away from the chassis plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupers View Post
Bender what's the eye to eye length on you lower links? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread.
My lowers measure just a shade under 4" to the center of the rod ends.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #858
Rock Crawler

[quote=BENDER;1713263]The SWX is designed for the DNA dig, it'll all bolt right up to the skid plate. The only issue that may come up is with the stock DNA dig servo mount, it leaves the servo horn really close to the chassis. I just flipped the servo mount 180* then driled new holes to move the bracket away from the chassis plate.

But do you necessarilly have to run a DNA Dig on the SWX chassis?
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #859
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by treday619 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
The SWX is designed for the DNA dig, it'll all bolt right up to the skid plate. The only issue that may come up is with the stock DNA dig servo mount, it leaves the servo horn really close to the chassis. I just flipped the servo mount 180* then driled new holes to move the bracket away from the chassis plate.

But do you necessarilly have to run a DNA Dig on the SWX chassis?
You don't have to, you can run it without dig too.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #860
R.I.P. Chip

156,000 views on a build thread?

You are the ICON.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote