Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New Comp Build.......SWX......New Production Pics!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #861
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

And 43 pages, No wonder the SWX is a popular chassis, Bender did his homework, and it shows. Not to mention his willingness to help people with their builds. He really is one of the greatest on this forum
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #862
Quarry Creeper

Well this thread was the selling point for me i just orderd my swx and now i have to suffer threw the waiting period!!! Awesome build i have read every page and learned something from everone of them!
josh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #863
Rock Stacker

This thread is so popular I feel like I should build one just for that reason alone. COOL RIG
fullsyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #864
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
The SWX is designed for the DNA dig, it'll all bolt right up to the skid plate. The only issue that may come up is with the stock DNA dig servo mount, it leaves the servo horn really close to the chassis. I just flipped the servo mount 180* then driled new holes to move the bracket away from the chassis plate.
Alternate method would be to file down the servo mount to 6.5mm and a HS-225mg servo w/stock servo horn mounts just perfectly into a SW3 + SWX chassis plate. No redrilling of the skid plate or dig unit needed. Plus this was a way simplier procedure to install the servo without getting too creative in where the mount would rest.

I purposely posted larger sized photos below to show exactly how much room there is between the horn and chassis. Filing the mount down to 6.5mm allows a piece of paper to be slid between the horn and chassis without any resistance.

Notice the #AXA1427 7x50mm posts that I used as well.

Eventually I was going to post this up in DNA's thread OR into my old build thread. But I just haven't bothered.

Anyhoo, hope it helps someone else out w/ a DNA Dig + SW3/X.

Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #865
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
156,000 views on a build thread?

You are the ICON.
LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
And 43 pages, No wonder the SWX is a popular chassis, Bender did his homework, and it shows. Not to mention his willingness to help people with their builds. He really is one of the greatest on this forum
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh97 View Post
Well this thread was the selling point for me i just orderd my swx and now i have to suffer threw the waiting period!!! Awesome build i have read every page and learned something from everone of them!
Hang in there.

Let me know if you have any questions when it arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullsyzz View Post
This thread is so popular I feel like I should build one just for that reason alone. COOL RIG
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
Alternate method would be to file down the servo mount to 6.5mm and a HS-225mg servo w/stock servo horn mounts just perfectly into a SW3 + SWX chassis plate. No redrilling of the skid plate or dig unit needed. Plus this was a way simplier procedure to install the servo without getting too creative in where the mount would rest.

I purposely posted larger sized photos below to show exactly how much room there is between the horn and chassis. Filing the mount down to 6.5mm allows a piece of paper to be slid between the horn and chassis without any resistance.

Notice the #AXA1427 7x50mm posts that I used as well.

Eventually I was going to post this up in DNA's thread OR into my old build thread. But I just haven't bothered.

Anyhoo, hope it helps someone else out w/ a DNA Dig + SW3/X.

Nice, that's a great way to fix any clearance issues for sure.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #866
Rock Crawler

If you guys are interested another thing you could buy is the new DNA DIG mount pictured below. I just installed it on my SWX but I need to work on some issues with the 225 glitching at high throttle but it works great. It actually clears the frame with no issues you just have to mount the servo on the top. Going to test tomorrow and I will let you know how it worked out.

Name:  dig.jpg
Views: 1922
Size:  3.1 KB

Last edited by treday619; 04-03-2009 at 06:04 PM.
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #867
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by treday619 View Post
If you guys are interested another thing you could buy is the new DNA DIG mount pictured below. I just installed it on my SWX but I need to work on some issues with the 225 glitching at high throttle but it works great. It actually clears the frame with no issues you just have to mount the servo on the top. Going to test tomorrow and I will let you know how it worked out.

Attachment 96996
I would love to see some pictures of how you mounted it
clarkrw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #868
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
I would love to see some pictures of how you mounted it
I also used the DNA mount and have some pics in my SWX build thread
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #869
RCC Addict

Quote:
Nice, that's a great way to fix any clearance issues for sure.
Thanks Bender.

After doing a search on here for dig servo mounting locations and due to me having WK axles over Axial, all the other mounting locations I saw just would not work at all for me. So a few hours of my time, measuring with a digital caliper as I go and it was complete. Just in time for the first comp about a month ago.. lol.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #870
Pebble Pounder

Just for the sake of more information...
I have a CKRC dig mounted in my swx with a ckrc dig servo mount... it's tight but it works just fine. I can post pics for anyone interested.
JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #871
Rock Stacker

hi brad, ive noticed that you've been runnning rovers for a little while now and i was surious what foam setup you like with em? and how much your whole setup weighs.

thanks
hustlercrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #872
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEracing View Post
Just for the sake of more information...
I have a CKRC dig mounted in my swx with a ckrc dig servo mount... it's tight but it works just fine. I can post pics for anyone interested.
I would lilke to see pics of how you have the CKRC dig mounted in your SWX chassis
BMFOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:52 AM   #873
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeafodo View Post
well i got my chassis, and i must say this thing is wicked. and yes mirrored trannys do work in it without a problem

Thanks for the killer chassis Bender
Do you have any pics of how you have your mirrored tranny set up in you SWX? Would like to see what that looks like incase I decide to go that route in the future. Thanks
BMFOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #874
"HOLLYWOOD"

So bender any last min. adjustments on the chassis to get it ready for Axail comp? Or just running it as is?
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #875
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlercrawler View Post
hi brad, ive noticed that you've been runnning rovers for a little while now and i was surious what foam setup you like with em? and how much your whole setup weighs.

thanks
I'm running the stock Rover foams out back, and the #8 reach hybrid foams out front from TCS. Each of my front wheels weighs in at 13.3 ounces, and each of the rear wheels weigh about 1/2 of the fronts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
So bender any last min. adjustments on the chassis to get it ready for Axail comp? Or just running it as is?
It's working really good right now. I'll probably just do a complete tear down and rebuild before then to look for any major wear or weak points and go with it.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #876
Pebble Pounder

Default Omg

I just read all of this Thread! It took me 2 different sessions to do it, but I just finished! Gotta be the best, the biggest, and most helpful build thread I've ever read!! I learn lots just buy reading this. I had never even thought of getting a SWX chassis before, This thread makes me want one for the AX-10. But, Bender's replys to everyone questions has to be the best I've seen! Hats off to ya man!! Nice chassis that seems to really work!! This thread should be in "The RC Crawler Hall of Fame"!!!!!
Brackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:56 AM   #877
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busterboy View Post
Gotta be the best, the biggest, and most helpful build thread I've ever read!! Bender's replys to everyone questions has to be the best I've seen! Hats off to ya man!! Nice chassis that seems to really work!! This thread should be in "The RC Crawler Hall of Fame"!!!!!
X2 .
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:04 AM   #878
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
I'm running the stock Rover foams out back, and the #8 reach hybrid foams out front from TCS. Each of my front wheels weighs in at 13.3 ounces, and each of the rear wheels weigh about 1/2 of the fronts.

It's working really good right now. I'll probably just do a complete tear down and rebuild before then to look for any major wear or weak points and go with it.

Am trying to get a couple of things squared away down here and gonna try to make it up there. If I don't make it good luck brother.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:51 AM   #879
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busterboy View Post
I just read all of this Thread! It took me 2 different sessions to do it, but I just finished! Gotta be the best, the biggest, and most helpful build thread I've ever read!! I learn lots just buy reading this. I had never even thought of getting a SWX chassis before, This thread makes me want one for the AX-10. But, Bender's replys to everyone questions has to be the best I've seen! Hats off to ya man!! Nice chassis that seems to really work!! This thread should be in "The RC Crawler Hall of Fame"!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
X2 .
Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
Am trying to get a couple of things squared away down here and gonna try to make it up there. If I don't make it good luck brother.
Thanks. Hope it works out so you can make the comp, it was the best comp last year hands down IMO. The terrain, the atmosphere, the people, etc. It was a blast.

Finally got some video posted of this build too. I forgot to link it here yesterday.
SWX Chassis at Corona Del Mar Beach
Old 05-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #880
Rock Crawler

Brad,

Since you have some first had experience with the new Axial RTC, what are your feelings on running those shocks on your SWX based rig instead of losi crawlers?
goldmember is offline   Reply With Quote