Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New Comp Build.......SWX......New Production Pics!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #821

Is it too late to say happy birthday? I got an SWX to celebrate! Thanks for sharing your build. It's great to see.
derangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #822
I wanna be Dave

wow after 42 pages that really looks nice
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #823
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
Thanks for the compliment, glad you and your buddies like the chassis. Your rig looks sweet.

I'll try and snap a few pics of the latest set-up later today for you guys. Not much has changed though outside of shock springs and tires.

Looking foward to the new pics.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #824
Pebble Pounder

I like the step by step, us noobs can use all the help we can get, especially in picture form.
sickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #825
I wanna be Dave

Bender...I was wondering if you could also throw in your settings for the Mamba Max...I noticed you were running the Novak 55 and the Mamba...I recently swapped the Mamba for my rooster crawler along with throwing it all in a super nice SWX chassis!!!! I'm having issues with the drag brake not holding on inclines and haven't found any info to help me remedy the issue. Any help is appreciated...

BTW...I set up a post in the electronics section with all my current settings if anyone has an idea...THANKS

Mamba Max drag brake not holding

Last edited by ittybitty; 02-11-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: added link
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #826
Pebble Pounder

i put the final touches on mine the night before last. nice 425 oz servo and triangular lower 4 link. night and day difference. looking foward to new pics
JaDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #827
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by derangboy View Post
Is it too late to say happy birthday? I got an SWX to celebrate! Thanks for sharing your build. It's great to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
wow after 42 pages that really looks nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickness View Post
I like the step by step, us noobs can use all the help we can get, especially in picture form.
Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Bender...I was wondering if you could also throw in your settings for the Mamba Max...I noticed you were running the Novak 55 and the Mamba...I recently swapped the Mamba for my rooster crawler along with throwing it all in a super nice SWX chassis!!!! I'm having issues with the drag brake not holding on inclines and haven't found any info to help me remedy the issue. Any help is appreciated...

BTW...I set up a post in the electronics section with all my current settings if anyone has an idea...THANKS

Mamba Max drag brake not holding
I think my set-up is very similar to yours. I'll try and double check my settings today and post up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaDeR View Post
i put the final touches on mine the night before last. nice 425 oz servo and triangular lower 4 link. night and day difference. looking foward to new pics
Nice.

Here's a few pics of the latest set-up for those that wanted them.
Attached Images

BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #828
Rock Crawler

awesome build thread(my go to guide) in the process of building the SWX as we speak ...just a question....do you run a shorter spring then normal or just a ton of preload ??...it seems like the adjustment nut is threaded way down the shock body more than normal.....thanks again Brad for the great build and all the help
TIMZKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #829
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZKRAWLER View Post
awesome build thread(my go to guide) in the process of building the SWX as we speak ...just a question....do you run a shorter spring then normal or just a ton of preload ??...it seems like the adjustment nut is threaded way down the shock body more than normal.....thanks again Brad for the great build and all the help
Thanks.

Yeah, the Losi springs I'm running right now are shorter buggy springs, that's why they look so pre-loaded.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #830
I wanna be Dave

Brad, do you have much trouble with the plastic spring cup falling off the bottom of the losi shocks? I just lost one yesterday...wondering if theres something to avoid this or if i should just go ahead and get some spares to keep on hand...im running the exact same springs as you and ive pretty much got mine adjusted the same too...
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #831
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Quote:
Brad, do you have much trouble with the plastic spring cup falling off the bottom of the losi shocks? I just lost one yesterday...wondering if theres something to avoid this or if i should just go ahead and get some spares to keep on hand...im running the exact same springs as you and ive pretty much got mine adjusted the same too...
You could put a tie wrap around the "stem" of the cup.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #832
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
I've never had a problem with mine falling off. A tie wrap could work as gunnar suggested though.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:55 PM   #833
"HOLLYWOOD"

Thanks bender great pics, I see your not running triangel lower? What are those red springs?
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:48 AM   #834
Pebble Pounder

Just ordered my SWX after reading most of these 42 pages. This thread was my selling point. I will be using many of your tips/tricks.
Any word on body mounts for the SWX, if not i wil just fab my own.
BCkoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:57 AM   #835

Nice rig bender question what type of oil and your suspension set up are u using i got your chassis is great , and how do you limit your articulation ??
Ecuador Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #836
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
Thanks bender great pics, I see your not running triangel lower? What are those red springs?
I am just running my lowers in the stock location, with the uppers triangulated in the rear running my 4 link plate.

The red springs are Losi buggy springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCkoots View Post
Just ordered my SWX after reading most of these 42 pages. This thread was my selling point. I will be using many of your tips/tricks.
Any word on body mounts for the SWX, if not i wil just fab my own.
You can probably use the stock AX10 body mounts in one of the upper shock mounting holes, or fab your own as you see fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuador Crawler View Post
Nice rig bender question what type of oil and your suspension set up are u using i got your chassis is great , and how do you limit your articulation ??
Thanks.

I usually run 17-20wt oil out front, 35wt in the right rear and 50wt in the left rear. I don't limit the articulation at all.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #837
I wanna be Dave

Wow your suspension is a lot stiffer than ever before. Red springs all the way around and lots of preload. The upper links look to be in the top location? Interesting

Hey did I miss the Clicky Clicky on the SCX-10?

Last edited by Stormin2u; 02-18-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:48 AM   #838
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Thanks.

Yeah, the Losi springs I'm running right now are shorter buggy springs, that's why they look so pre-loaded.
After reading through this thread (very good info!), I apologize if I missed this part, but what is the benefit of using the losi 'shorter 2" buggy front springs' instead of the 'longer 2.5-2.75" buggy/truck rear springs' on your setup?
gr33nlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #839
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Wow your suspension is a lot stiffer than ever before. Red springs all the way around and lots of preload. The upper links look to be in the top location? Interesting

Hey did I miss the Clicky Clicky on the SCX-10?
I did firm up the suspension recently. When I went to the taller tires I had to lay the shocks back a bit more to lower the ride height. So, I had to add stiffer springs all the way around. The red buggy springs aren't really pre-loaded all that much they are just shorter then my old springs.

No video of the SCX10 yet, hopefully I can shoot some this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr33nlite View Post
After reading through this thread (very good info!), I apologize if I missed this part, but what is the benefit of using the losi 'shorter 2" buggy front springs' instead of the 'longer 2.5-2.75" buggy/truck rear springs' on your setup?
No real benefit, they just happen to be the right spring tension for the set-up I'm running now.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #840
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I did firm up the suspension recently. When I went to the taller tires I had to lay the shocks back a bit more to lower the ride height. So, I had to add stiffer springs all the way around. The red buggy springs aren't really pre-loaded all that much they are just shorter then my old springs.

No video of the SCX10 yet, hopefully I can shoot some this weekend.
Thanks Brad I look forward to the SCX10 video.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote