Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Vf Dig Issues

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 05:39 AM   #41

Don I like my dig, it bound a little at first but I worked on it and now its fine. BTW the chassis is great. Thanks for thinking outside the box.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2008, 07:45 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

I've been in RC since the early 80's Racing/Helicopters/nitro car & trucks and I worked for large mail order Heli shop for a few years. This is something that happens over and over, any time a new product is made there is bound to be a few bumps in the road.....You can buy it when it first comes out and bitch and mone or understand its a new product and just try and work with it...The VF dig is a great product and I think I'll end up getting one at some point just not for a little wile...

As far as customer service go's I think its BS that you don't have you're dig back yet Wheeler! Oh and one outer thing!

I love my R2D

Last edited by Picaroon; 05-07-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

I've seen a lot of whiny people that don't like to tinker and can't think when something goes wrong..... This is a good example.

I can understand the shipping thing wheeler4x4, but maybe you should have contacted BT first before posting here. I got a tuber from a guy on here and we had shipping problems, FedEd changed the address, I didn't bitch about it, I talked to him and the shipper and figured it out. As for the shift problem - get over it, burn up one servo, bummer, burn up 4 and you really ought to re consider being in this hobby. If you expect a tiny little electric object to be able to push something you have trouble pushing, well......

Anyway, I ordered a VF yesterday BECAUSE of their service. I've been through the 1:1 thing, had a custom fab shop and had to fix other shops problems. Anyone that takes the time to post on threads like this, offer free help and keep on it is one hell of a good vendor. New products that have machining tolerances commonly have MFG glitches, it's the nature of the process.
That's my .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT@VF View Post
Guys, this really gets under my skin when I see people saying man look at all the problems the VF dig has, glad I didn't buy one. Fact is we sold over 1000 units and 95% of our customers have not had any issues. Yes we did have a run of 30 drive cogs that went out .002 under size that would not fit over the out drive and yes some units needed the out drive brass pin sanded down to operate smoothly and I addressed that the best I could and offered to replace the out drive with a slightly larger pilot hole to make the unit more forgiving for the end user and we made that switch on the last batch so that issue is gone. If we sold 1000 units and you have seen 3 threads with 20 people talking about their unit binding and have decided based on that that our product is a bad one than I guess cant do anything to change your mind but I assure you I am trying with the best of my ability to make things right to the relative few that have had problems. If you are new and not into details and tinkering than the R2 may be better suited for you, our unit is not an R2, just because they both have dig that where the similarity stops. The VF dig was designed to engage with far less roll out and with far less force than the r2 and to be able to disengage under a much higher load. I am not knocking the r2 it is a good product but we are going in a totally different direction as to address digging and feel that we have made a unit that is unmatched in its abilities properly set up. I wish all my customers were local I would just tell the few of you that have had problems to swing by the shop and I will tweak it in 10 min and you will be good to go. Just don't go acting like 95% of our customers have had issues when it's really less than 3% and those 3% have been offered free replacement parts to remedy their issue and the opportunity to send in their tranny and dig for a free tweak if they couldn't figure it out. As far as the servo thing I'm sorry to the few of you that have burned through servos but you should know if its not super slick with your hand pushing and pulling it you probably shouldn't hook a servo to it until the issue is resolved or you are going to damage something, that and start with your end points turned down than work your way up not the other way around.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #44

I like tinking with my toys lol

Don dont get me wrong i love the VF Dig and yeah it kinda sucked that i had issues from the start but i know it will work great once i get it back.

And yeah im a little ticked only because is been 3 weeks since ive been able to play with my crawler and frying the servos didnt help it eather

I really appriciate the help you have givin me Don but these people on here dont need to try to flame me because i had an issue this is my first RC

Those people should help not flame
Old 05-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

I sent out three e-mails to VF starting on 4/30/08 stateing that I have received one of there dig systems with a machining issue and have not gotten any responce yet. After reading this thread it is obvious that I am one of the 3% in need of replacment parts.
After posting this I will again try to contact them by e-mail.
It is a good looking product and I would like to comment on its performance however cannot until I receive parts from them that will fit.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

I've already had two PMs from him today. Try that rout....
Old 05-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #47

PM me your info or e-mail it to sales@visionaryfabrication.com and I will get you straightened out. Please include the paypal e-mail address in the message.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #48

OK i talked to brock on the phone he called me and there was a issue with the shipping
(I think it was my fault) anyways he made it right and it will be shiped out tomarrow

Thanks again brock for your help
Old 05-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

This reminds me of when I did the Castle Creations review long ago ago. I had a ton of newbies that set up their RC's over-geared the crap out of their setups and then bitched me out on forums as a sell out for saying the Mamba Max system was smooth and cog free.

Take some time to set it up right read the directions, tinker a bit and it'll work.

My dig unit wasn't perfect either out of the box and required a little tinkering.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

I look forward to getting the 2 i ordered today from TCS they have them in stock. I like to tinker but hope I don't have to. But if need be I'm up to the challenge and will handle it if it becomes an issue. Hope all you guys that have had issues with your digs get them squared away soon so you can get back to crawl'en. Being down sucks but try not to slam the guy that thought outside the box and came up with an incredible product that we all have been standing in line to get our hands on. Give the man some credit and try to be patient with him, I'm sure he will make it right.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:36 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

all dig setup's have there problems,i had to modify my r2d to work the way i like it.now it works great..Im sure VF will work out the bugs and they will work great..
Old 05-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

The dig works flawlessly in the hands of someone willing to tune it and assemble it properly. 4 servos? not smart enought to admit you have no clue after the first one. The only mistake VF has made is to assume that Billy Bubba Joe Blow can read instructions and follow them correctly.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #53

Ran mine last weekend at a comp and it worked awesome and I wouldn't exactly call myself the smartest cookie LOL

Just make sure to put a dab of locktite on the grub screw...when it comes loose it makes it hard to finish a course stuck in dig
Old 05-11-2008, 01:31 PM   #54

OK i got my dig back and a new servo and it works perfect I couldnt be happier thanks alot brock for all your help
Old 05-11-2008, 01:37 PM   #55
Keep it real

I didn't do a thing to mine, took it out of the package that showed up from TCS, dremeled a bit to fit on the HotRacing aluminum case, lubed it, bolted it up, and works flawlessly everytime. Good job VF!
Old 05-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
I didn't do a thing to mine, took it out of the package that showed up from TCS, dremeled a bit to fit on the HotRacing aluminum case, lubed it, bolted it up, and works flawlessly everytime. Good job VF!
X2, TCS shipped it, I greased it, put it together and it works beautifully. ran it for about 5 1/2 hard hours and perfect everytime, Great Job VF
Old 05-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

SO I guess the VF is pretty sweet eh?
Old 05-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlbe4youwalk View Post
SO I guess the VF is pretty sweet eh?
It is sweet and it looks mean
Old 05-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Mine works great as well. Same story as several of the ones above. I got it along with some other stuff from TCS, grease on it, and it works. I have only put a few minutes on it because I am now waiting on a servo stretcher for it so that I DON'T burn up even one. Thanks VF!!! Keep up the great work.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:57 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBHardwear View Post
X2, TCS shipped it, I greased it, put it together and it works beautifully. ran it for about 5 1/2 hard hours and perfect everytime, Great Job VF
Same here,followed the direction,no drama!Also had my best ever comp run using it,Great job VF!
Closed Thread