Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Vf Dig Issues

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #101
Rock Crawler

I PMed Brock last night and got a reply today. Minor issue......gave advice. I work in a CNC machine shop and would challenge any of you bitching to go out with your $70 and have anything made. Most shops have at least a $100 minimum. I understand the argument of "I paid money for a product and it should work." but every one of us were well aware that this was a first run. How many car makers have released a new $20K to $60K car that had nothing but problems. E-mail one of them and see how long it takes to get a response. It is too bad that a few whiners have possibly ruined VF from contributing any more to our hobby.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Why is it OK to bash Visionary Fabrications product, but mention some other companies doing the same thing and your post will get deleted?

Go ahead whiny biatches, when I beat you with my VF dig, don't complain!!!!!

BTW, VF rocks!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRCer View Post
Why is it OK to bash Visionary Fabrications product, but mention some other companies doing the same thing and your post will get deleted?

Go ahead whiny biatches, when I beat you with my VF dig, don't complain!!!!!

BTW, VF rocks!
I made a post age's ago why I kept breaking stuff all the time from a company and it never got deleted. Actually someone got a bit out of line in it and a Mod asked me about if it was a problem.

BTW I know there was a VF thread that got deleted cause I know the guy that wrote it.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 PM   #104
Pebble Pounder

just wanted to say, Brock from VF e-mailed me. and is working on a solution to fix my dig. thanks Brock.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:22 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

ok.... so where should i go now to get a vf dig???????
Old 05-14-2008, 11:43 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedsled View Post
ok.... so where should i go now to get a vf dig???????
uhh, Don specifically said that if you go to the VF web page their is a list of vendors for their products. wow.

Btw, we are at 6 pages so far, and there are only 9 people (I counted) who actually had problems, around 5 of them have already been resolved. Shove off haters.

For those saying that their is no excuses for how they are running their company, WHO CARES!!! It is not your business, so keep your nose out of it. If you like the way their product looks, buy it, it's that simple.

personally I am impressed by what these 3 guys are able to keep up with. out of the who knows how many dig systems that were 1) presold 2) countless questions to answer and 3)some defective parts, I think that they are doing an outstanding job.

And too whoever decides to say I am in the wrong here....................... shut up.

Last edited by mysharona; 05-14-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:47 PM   #107
Quarry Creeper

I beleive RCP showed them in stock earlier....
Old 05-15-2008, 12:02 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

I ordered mine for RCP....came in a couple of days.....everything was nicely packaged by VF and looked good....I will say, its not the best machining I have seen, its still very good. Could use maybe a little more clean up, but still, this is still a small company producing a niche product for a niche market.....

As a RC business owner myself, I can tell you.....there isnt a ton of money in this....I am sure, even at $70 each.....profits aren't that big in this business....especially since the internet has driven profits margins down to the cellar....it's just a price war....So hiring another staff member is TOUGH for small companies....

Stuff falls through the cracks....stuff happens.....people can fall behind.....some people can be understanding......others can be real pieces of work....

VF is probably doing the smart thing, by not selling direct anymore.....sucks, cause they will lose extra profits from those sales.....but at least they don't have to deal with the headaches of selling direct...

Later EddieO
Old 05-15-2008, 12:50 AM   #109
I joined the Band!

Default vf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT@VF View Post
The problem is some of you will PM me and if you don't get a response in 24 hrs you come on the board and start bashing and then I waste time responding to the nonsense instead of keeping up with e-mails, well no longer! VF no longer takes pre-orders or direct sales at all, please refer to our website for authorized VF dealers. All customer dig orders to current day will be shipped out by tomorrow. You will no longer see me on the board defending our product/service. Do not bother to pm me your info or questions, email sales@visionaryfabrication.com and your situation will be addressed in what I consider to be a timely manner (1-2 BUSINNES DAYS). Any exsisting PM's will be answered today.
you must have me mistaken for someone else ..since i recieved mine ive been trying to get mine working.yes its installed and yes it works ,but i have atleast 12 hours into the rebuilding of my rig.its coming apart one last time to make a few more minor adjustments ..this is a public board in which to discuss the things we like and the things we dont..next time you get a brillant idea make it then find a vendor such as rpp hobby,rcp crawlers,rc4wd and sell it through him no one ever deals with you except the vendor ..simple ..

Last edited by colonelangus; 05-15-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #110

Man some of you "only childs" sure are harsh .If I were BT@VF I'd blacklist the lot of you non mechanically minded cretins (why are you guys into RC if you can't make stuff work ???? )
I have had 4 1:1 Jeeps and most of the mods done to them required fitment even if they were called "bolt on" by the distributor requiring grinders,drills and torches,
You guys whine about a little time with a file and sandpaper like a dentist forgot the novacaine while drilling teeth.
edit: My VF dig works quite well now with a little working in.thanks Vf
Steve
Old 05-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #111
Rock Stacker

Quote:
The problem is some of you will PM me and if you don't get a response in 24 hrs you come on the board and start bashing and then I waste time responding to the nonsense instead of keeping up with e-mails, well no longer! VF no longer takes pre-orders or direct sales at all, please refer to our website for authorized VF dealers. All customer dig orders to current day will be shipped out by tomorrow. You will no longer see me on the board defending our product/service. Do not bother to pm me your info or questions, email sales@visionaryfabrication.com and your situation will be addressed in what I consider to be a timely manner (1-2 BUSINNES DAYS). Any exsisting PM's will be answered today.

VF may make a good product but if this is how they treat there customers - "Do not bother to pm me your info or questions" - why would anyone want to purchace there product?, I was going to get one of there dig's but if this is how they treat customers, i think the've changed my mind - I work retail and own my own business also and if any of my employees treated there cust like this they'd be canned. I've never read anything rude from don, but if BT - is brock, which i am assuming it is - mabey they should find someone more personable to handle there customer service - just my .02c
Old 05-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #112

I said "Do not bother to pm me your info or questions, email me at sales@visionaryfabrication.com and your situation will be addressed
Only because PM's are harder to manage on such a large scale, it is much more reliable to just e-mail. I never said don't contact me at all, that would be rediculous.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #113
RCC Addict

Quote:
Awesome work guys.... what vendor are we gonna run off next?

whiny ass little girls.....

p!nK
Old 05-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post

p!nK

Well said.

Brock, I only hope this does not discourage VF from comiing up with new products.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:57 PM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerj View Post
This is a copy of the first e-mail I sent them on 4-30-08. I see nothing offencive in it.
"Don
I just received the dig system from Visionary Fabrication for the AX-10. I have run into a problem putting it together the drive cog will not install over the out drive. Either the drive cog has been machined to small or the outdrive has not been machined enough.
Your help on this matter would be great.

Thanks"
thats kind of funny cuz i just had that problem about 5min ago, drimel for about 2 sec fixed that. its funny how some people want it to put its self together. come on man easy fix get over it and stop crying.
Old 05-15-2008, 03:58 PM   #116

Quote:
I said "Do not bother to pm me your info or questions, email me at sales@visionaryfabrication.com and your situation will be addressed
Only because PM's are harder to manage on such a large scale, it is much more reliable to just e-mail. I never said don't contact me at all, that would be rediculous.

You beat me to it. People are only reading what they want to.

Once again, great work guys. I Read the instructions and followed VF's advice regarding 'MINOR" tune tips, and it works fine. FYI, still on the same 225mg servo.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #117
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

p!nK
Exactly what I was thinking,just waiting for the torches and pitch forks to come out.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #118
Pebble Pounder

Well,
My Dig works. I need to mount the servo properly (ie use a small body one) I did have one issue, but some time with wet/dry fine, and it's cool. The brass pin output was too big for the gearbox gear. but other than that, the dig shifts fine. I just need a better servo that the what looks like 10 yr old futaba junk on there!

I adjusted the end points by pulling the shift rod out, and engaging dig, then putting an allen key through it to get the final position. Then I backed it off 1 or 2 stops. then i did the same for 4wd and mucked around a bit with the sub trim points to get 2wd free.

All in All,
a fantastic product and I look forward to many comps with it (If I can find any in the UK!!!)

Cheers VF!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #119
Got Rocks?

Got mine 2 weeks ago. Followed instructions on the vf website. Been using it hard for the last week and a half and have only had to make one minor EPA. Works great, no problems!

I sell and service high end hydraulic equipment for a living so when I purchased this unit for only $70 I did it knowing there would be a good chance it wouldn't work correctly, fail or need regular maintenance, adjustment or repair. When I recieved it I realized that there had been a lot of thought put into it and it is as good as your gonna get for 70 bucks...VF double your price to cover any headaches great product for a great price
Old 05-15-2008, 10:30 PM   #120
Rock Crawler

Quote:

p!nK
Exactly

Dumbasses. To many damn whiny ass bitches.

This is what people are talking about hating the AX-10, its a great advancement in the hobby, but look at the people that came with it.

I think VF is doing a great job I apologize VF on behalf of these noobs.
Closed Thread