Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Vf Dig Issues

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #1

Angry Vf Dig Issues

Ok im getting a little ticked off ever since i installed my VF dig ive burnt up 4 servos and havent even been able to play with my crawler except for 2 min in my kitchen until the servo burns up

1) Ive double checked to make sure i installed it right
2) Ive set the end point adjustments on my radio to zero and slowly incresed it untill the servo arm stops moving and then backed it off a few numbers
3) I triple checked to make sure the servo is hooked up right
4) From what i can see is that the rod that engages and disengages the VF dig is not moving in and out easily it will move side to side rather then in and out
5) I bought this kit and the recomanded servo with the linkage setup

The only solution i can think of is making a lever system that pushes the rod in and out with the servo likage hooked to one end and it fixed on the other end with the rod on the VF in the middle to creat a straight push or pull

What should i do It makes me upset that ive spent well over $100 bucks just on servos and havet been able to play

Please help
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Hey Wheeler, you've got to figure out why the shifting rod is binding up that rod should move easily and you've got a bind some where in there. My guess is the out drives on the tranny is not square to the dig unit. Check that agian buddy that needs to be perfect.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #3

Might try this it worked for me http://wvrccrawlers.proboards100.com...play&thread=62
I also fried up the little servo
Old 04-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

if what stormin2u said dosent work contact vf they helped me out and got me all fixed up. they have some of the best customer service iv ever had. and I kinda had the same problem with mine and they had to sand some of the brass pin down. and another thing they told me was to not tighten the bolts that hold the tranny halves together to tight. That will pull the dig unit off to one side to much.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler4x4 View Post
Ok im getting a little ticked off ever since i installed my VF dig ive burnt up 4 servos and havent even been able to play with my crawler except for 2 min in my kitchen until the servo burns up

1) Ive double checked to make sure i installed it right
2) Ive set the end point adjustments on my radio to zero and slowly incresed it untill the servo arm stops moving and then backed it off a few numbers
3) I triple checked to make sure the servo is hooked up right
4) From what i can see is that the rod that engages and disengages the VF dig is not moving in and out easily it will move side to side rather then in and out
5) I bought this kit and the recomanded servo with the linkage setup

The only solution i can think of is making a lever system that pushes the rod in and out with the servo likage hooked to one end and it fixed on the other end with the rod on the VF in the middle to creat a straight push or pull

What should i do It makes me upset that ive spent well over $100 bucks just on servos and havet been able to play

Please help
I would say spend another $80 and pick up that new JR3421
Old 04-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #6

WOW

I called Don at VF fab and he said to box the whole tranny and dig setup and send it to him

He will get it perfect and send it back to me same day NO CHARGE

Now thats customer service

Thanks everyone for your input
Old 04-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
WOW

I called Don at VF fab and he said to box the whole tranny and dig setup and send it to him

He will get it perfect and send it back to me same day NO CHARGE

Now thats customer service

Thanks everyone for your input
thats just awesom customer service
Old 04-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Yup super service if you ask me.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

When I first installed mine it was bound up so bad I couldn't move it with my hand, I messed with it for a while and now it works fine. I haven't had any problems with my servo failing.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Thats pretty cool. I want one more now.... damm you guys
Old 04-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

With my VF dig linkage when I would shift to 4WD input shaft would pull up. When shifting in to rear locked pos. shaft would push down. Causing to stick or bind. So I moved my linkage to the inside of servo horn and lowered linage on input shaft. Thinking less leverage on input shaft would stop the pulling up/ pushing down. seems to work for my set up

Old 05-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #12

OK more issues

Well i sent me tranny and dig to VF last saturday they told me it would be back to me by Mon or Tue well its friday and i havent got a thing i E mailed them on Wed still no reply no nothin and the removed there phone number from their web sight WTF

does smoeone know the number if so please post
Old 05-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I think they're annoyed by impatient noobs that keep bugging them.

Everytime I though about calling or e-mailing, my stuff came in the next day.

Patience is a virtue young grasshopper.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Everything I've read and heard from guys within my club who know Don say they are great to deal with, you just have to be patient. They are swamped with orders (VF dig, chassis, and wheels). They even posted they bought a new CNC machine they are so busy.

I ended up making a rear plate and attaching a standard servo for my VF dig. This keeps my shifting rod straight and free from binding even when the suspension is flexing. I've ran several packs and working good! Just be sure when you get it back to grease the fork real good!
Old 05-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
OK more issues

Well i sent me tranny and dig to VF last Saturday they told me it would be back to me by Mon or Tue well its Friday and i haven't got a thing i E mailed them on Wed still no reply no nothing and the removed there phone number from their web sight WTF

does someone know the number if so please post
It will get back to you. They did the same thing for me and it took them a little longer than what they told me it would, but it was well worth the wait.

remember their swamped with alot rite now.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

wheeler, there is a issue with the brass pin on the vf dig, I read it in a post from VF in a different thread: RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board > RCCrawler TECH Talk > AX-10 Scorpion vf dig failure

I think that is whats causing your issues, anyway, if this is the case i would hope VF would help you out with the replacement servos too since it is an issue with the dig unit itself (if that indeed was the case) I can't speak for them but I would think that that would only be right (just my opinion) Iv'e also heard great things about there customer service but it sounds if they got themselves in over there head and I think that its bad business of them to pull there PH# off there site just because they can't handle what they got themselves into (again just my opinion as a business owner) anyway I hope you get your dig back and it works great for you espically since I have been planning on ordering one ploease let us know how it turns out, hopefully its just a communication problem (it happens) and it's already on its way back to you.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:00 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by area51caraudio View Post
wheeler, there is a issue with the brass pin on the vf dig, I read it in a post from VF in a different thread: RCCrawler.com Bulletin Board > RCCrawler TECH Talk > AX-10 Scorpion vf dig failure

I think that is whats causing your issues, anyway, if this is the case i would hope VF would help you out with the replacement servos too since it is an issue with the dig unit itself (if that indeed was the case) I can't speak for them but I would think that that would only be right (just my opinion) Iv'e also heard great things about there customer service but it sounds if they got themselves in over there head and I think that its bad business of them to pull there PH# off there site just because they can't handle what they got themselves into (again just my opinion as a business owner) anyway I hope you get your dig back and it works great for you espically since I have been planning on ordering one ploease let us know how it turns out, hopefully its just a communication problem (it happens) and it's already on its way back to you.

I hope so too thanks
Old 05-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #18

Your dig was shipped back yesterday, we removed our phone numbers from the website because they were our personal cell #'s and people kept calling us at 9pm on a Sunday asking if we can talk them through their dig setup, and I don't just mean a few people were talking about 10-15 calls per day on the weekends at any time of day. Our new business # will be up on the site soon as the website is being worked on.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Brock-again, thanks for taking the time to address this stuff on the boards. Helps keep rampant stupidity under control.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #20

thanks brock
Closed Thread