Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Underground Crawlers Fastback chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #181
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlerKonceptz View Post
I got your skins here! Will be shipped out tomorrow
Just ordered mine as well ....except I ordered the C*H*U*D version and not the DickyT version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Richard I guess I've never liked the 60/40 set up as much as a 50/50 is there any plans to do this with the F-4 configuration?
I have thought about this, and you're not the first person to ask. The reason the FF-4 was chosen as the first bodiless is because of the sheer popularity of it. I do however realize that not everyone likes a frame forward design, so I'd like to do a run based off of the F-4 chassis too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
sweeeeet! would it be possible to just bolt it together with spacers in between them them? i am going to PM juan about it!
I'm not sure the best way to bolt this together, but I think sandwiching the upper shock mounts between the Delrin and Aluminum would work.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #182
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I'm not sure the best way to bolt this together, but I think sandwiching the upper shock mounts between the Delrin and Aluminum would work.
That may require a little trimming on the delrin depending on which mounts you use, but would certainly work and space it right
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #183
I wanna be Dave

I hate tire siping.... 2/3 done with the first one and my arthritis is acting up, it's going to be a long night
Old 07-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #184
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
I hate tire siping.... 2/3 done with the first one and my arthritis is acting up, it's going to be a long night
How are you siping the tires? Are you using a razor blade, or are you actually grooving chunks out?

If you are making fairly large grooves, a small soldering iron and small tip would do a fast job, but you must take precaution to have a good respirator and a good filtration system going so you dont inhale the rubber fumes.

Casey
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #185
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
How are you siping the tires? Are you using a razor blade, or are you actually grooving chunks out?

If you are making fairly large grooves, a small soldering iron and small tip would do a fast job, but you must take precaution to have a good respirator and a good filtration system going so you dont inhale the rubber fumes.

Casey
Dremel with a cut off wheel. Small grooves, one heavy cutoff wheel width. All done
Old 07-21-2010, 09:51 PM   #186
Rock Crawler

dont you love the feeling of being done with something that took you along time! (that can sound bad) you should post pics of the new tires/siping.
thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #187
I wanna be Dave

Since I have it apart I brought the wheels to work today to weigh them.

Freshly siped Sedonas, Rovers on rear are not siped.

Front 395.8 grams = 13.38 oz

Rear 206.5 grams = 6.98 oz
Old 07-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #188
Rock Crawler

this is just about what I run for weight also. Richard have you ran the sedona's and how do they compare to the rovers?
rockerrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #189
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerrc View Post
this is just about what I run for weight also. Richard have you ran the sedona's and how do they compare to the rovers?
I have been running Sedona fronts, Rover rears for a while now. I like the Sedonas on the front for when I have to stab the throttle, they are a lot more predictable than a rover which can wobble on a hard punch. I run rovers in the rear for the narrower profile, ax10 has no rear dig so anything I can do to get the rear through a gate
Old 07-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #190

That thing is sick!.......if you still need to lose weight..most archery stores throw away old broken arrows,most are carbon,TI or alum..and they're the perfect diameter for making cross braces and links..i stumbled upon this find at 3am, sleep walking while drunK
Quote:
Panels are only needed for comp, and I am not the best panel maker. These were made at 3am, half dunk, 3/4 sleeping, and not very focused. I will work out better side panels down the line.
BasherSam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #191
Rock Crawler

omg i love this thing........
Attached Images

flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #192
I wanna be Dave

That looks great! it deserves it's own thread I'd like to know more about it.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #193
Rock Crawler

ill probably do one....working mad hrs...this was swapped from a ff4 in about 30 min...then a few minutes here and their to make body panels and such....with my work when it rains it pours...the funny part...its a non dig sportsman rig lol
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:20 AM   #194
RCC Addict

dang all you people and your swapping of parts ...

Im thinking about following DickyT's footsteps for the lower links. 5/16 delrin rod goes for about $3.25/ft up here. To be safe, I was going to grab about 4 feet of it. That way, if i screw up I already have more to draw from... lol.

That and I have some traxxas ball ends on order. Actually I might do some temp links up in all thread only.

Last edited by Nerve; 07-25-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #195
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
dang all you people and your swapping of parts ...

Im thinking about following DickyT's footsteps for the lower links. 5/16 delrin rod goes for about $3.25/ft up here. To be safe, I was going to grab about 4 feet of it. That way, if i screw up I already have more to draw from... lol.

That and I have some traxxas links on order. Actually I might do some temp links up in all thread only.
With international shipping how much is it for you from mcmaster-carr? I paid $.70\foot for it here. I bought 8 feet + shipping was $10.02 to my door
Old 07-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #196
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
5/16 delrin rod goes for about $3.25/ft up here.
Quote:
I bought 8 feet + shipping was $10.02 to my door
Have you guys looked for plastic suppliers in your area instead of online? I have a place local that I go to, and 10' is just under $4.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #197
RCC Addict

Quote:
With international shipping how much is it for you from mcmaster-carr? I paid $.70\foot for it here. I bought 8 feet + shipping was $10.02 to my door
Mcmaster-Carr doesnt deal with anyone from Canada.. period.

There are posts on here and Google of the exact message everyone from Canada gets when they ask about shipping to here.

Well if you paid around $16 for 8 feet, it would cost me about the same for 4 feet of it here. ($3.25 x 4 x 1.13 [aka 13%] ) = $15 approx.

I even wondered about Ebay.. lol.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #198
RCC Addict

Quote:
Have you guys looked for plastic suppliers in your area instead of online? I have a place local that I go to, and 10' is just under $4.
Yeah, there is a buddy I know of (haven't contacted yet) he has/had connections to a plastic supplier. He used to own a table top CNC laser etcher machine and I had some delrin chassis pieces cut through him for another build. I should contact him and see if he can swing a bit better deal.

www.plasticworld.ca is where I got my quote from.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #199
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Nope, it is more convenient to have it shipped to my door. I have no free time during "business" hours. Plus the 4 foot tubes they send it in are great to have!

Last edited by DickyT; 07-25-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:33 AM   #200
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
omg i love this thing........
This looks awesome jack great job now go rock it I love mine It dosen't have dig either and still does awesome!
rockerrc is offline   Reply With Quote