Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: billj's Fastback build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 01:55 PM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Recently added this little item. Its a "wantAsummit 3 position to 3 true position converter". Any of you guy or gals that have the axial w/vp dig, know what a pain it is to get from 4 wheel drive to dig. Having to go through freewheel almost always has a rollback. (-points). Well this little device, lets you program you 3rd channel to 3 true positions. Instead of 3rd channel being 4 wheel-freewheel-dig. Now mine is programed freewheel-4 wheel-dig. I just got it yesterday, love it already. Im gonna comp with it Sun. ill let you know how it works out. If you want to learn more about this go to www.wantAsummit.com.

billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #142
RCC Addict

That is not only cool but truly life changing! Ok well maybe just game changing. How hard was it to set up?
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #143
Rock Crawler

Can you clarify on how this eliminates rollback.
I understand that the order of 4wheel, free, and dig is different but mechanically you still have to pass through freewheel to get to dig. When I was running the DX3.0 it only had a 2 position 3rd channel so you could only have 4wheel and dig, and it always rolled back trying to engage.
TOMCAT18T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #144
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
That is not only cool but truly life changing! Ok well maybe just game changing. How hard was it to set up?
Simple to set up!removed my 3rd channel plug from receiver, installed male from converter. Installed dig servo plug to female on converter. Adjusted trim pots to desired positions, done!took about 10 mins, including zip-tieing everything back together. So far it works flawlessly
Old 10-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #145
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT18T View Post
Can you clarify on how this eliminates rollback.
I understand that the order of 4wheel, free, and dig is different but mechanically you still have to pass through freewheel to get to dig. When I was running the DX3.0 it only had a 2 position 3rd channel so you could only have 4wheel and dig, and it always rolled back trying to engage.
I guess completely eliminates roll back is impossible. since it does have to pass through freewheel. but with this it goes directly to dig from 4wheel. Its alot faster getting to dig, than having to hit the 3rd channel button twice. Like i said im comping with it sun, ill let you know how it does there.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #146
RCC Addict

Gives you options. You could almost set it up based on the course etc... Can't imagine it will completely rid us of roll back but one full swing does better than having two button hits. This to me is a product that had a large demand, and is one of the shortcomings of many of the digital 3 channel radios out there. I ordered one the minute I read about it. Will post thoughts on my build thread after installing as well. But in spirit I am pumped as all get out.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #147
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Gives you options. You could almost set it up based on the course etc... Can't imagine it will completely rid us of roll back but one full swing does better than having two button hits. This to me is a product that had a large demand, and is one of the shortcomings of many of the digital 3 channel radios out there. I ordered one the minute I read about it. Will post thoughts on my build thread after installing as well. But in spirit I am pumped as all get out.
Im pretty impressed with it,just running around the house/backyard/incline board. It shifts to dig alot faster

Last edited by billj; 10-01-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #148
RCC Addict

Quote:
It shits to dig alot faster
I just canceled my order! I already have diapers to change and dogs to clean up after. I don't want my Fastback leaving stuff behind now too.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:03 PM   #149
Rock Crawler

Dont get me wrong...I am all for new products, especially ones like this. I think it offers a definite benefit, especially to those with a 2pos 3rd channel.
I am just playing devils advocate here. Mainly because the rollbacks and other various issues associated with getting dig engaged in just the right spot has been killing me at comps.

It may be that the leverage arm on the VP dig makes shifting alot faster/efficiant as well...I have only used a VF dig and an Eritex.

Cant wait to hear the review from your comp. Good luck

-
TOMCAT18T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #150
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I just canceled my order! I already have diapers to change and dogs to clean up after. I don't want my Fastback leaving stuff behind now too.
Thats funny!! spell check didnt help me with that one
Old 10-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #151
Hateraide

with my remote i can go 4wheel-free-dig with one switch and the other switch is just 4wheel-dig
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #152
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code454 View Post
with my remote i can go 4wheel-free-dig with one switch and the other switch is just 4wheel-dig
What remote is that?
Old 10-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #153
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj View Post
These are the skins im getting from Krawler Konceptz. Still finalizing them, input is welcome

Looks killer!!!

As a note, and not to sound nit-picky (even tho I am being...) You usually need authorization to use company logo's. I imagine that you are using Axial product, and obviously Underground product, so I doubt they'd say anything. Just letting you know it's possible, however unlikely, that if you went to a big event and the vendors saw that, they may give you grief. Obviously, if you're sponsored by them, it doesn't matter.

Just an FYI to all that read, getting permission is usually not a problem, and could prevent embarrassment in front of friends at an event.

*Stepping off soapbox*
Just a friendly FYI
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #154
RCC Addict

Considering how most manufacturers send out stickers in each shipment I'm not so sure I would hire an attorney just yet.

Now back to the good stuff what radio was that?
Old 10-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #155
Hateraide

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj View Post
What remote is that?
i got the futaba 3pm-x
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
Looks killer!!!

As a note, and not to sound nit-picky (even tho I am being...) You usually need authorization to use company logo's. I imagine that you are using Axial product, and obviously Underground product, so I doubt they'd say anything. Just letting you know it's possible, however unlikely, that if you went to a big event and the vendors saw that, they may give you grief. Obviously, if you're sponsored by them, it doesn't matter.

Just an FYI to all that read, getting permission is usually not a problem, and could prevent embarrassment in front of friends at an event.

*Stepping off soapbox*
Just a friendly FYI
Dumb NOOBS....you arent aloud to use axial stickers either than hahah idiot
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #156
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickm View Post
considering how most manufacturers send out stickers in each shipment i'm not so sure i would hire an attorney just yet.

Now back to the good stuff what radio was that?
x2....
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #157
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Looks killer!!!

*Stepping off soapbox*
Just a friendly FYI
IM not too worried about it
And as far as "embarrassment in front of my friends" my driving does that for me
As far as vendors i think if im crawling with their products and advertising it, thats their objective. As long as im not beating some lawyer over the head with my crawler there shouldnt be any problem. But thanks for your concern!

Last edited by billj; 10-02-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #158
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code454 View Post
i got the futaba 3pm-x

Im sorry i dont know anything about the 3-pm-x. I guess i could do what you do with my DX3-R, one switch 2-pos-another 3-pos. But i dont need to now
Old 10-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #159
Sometimes, I make things.

Reproducing a logo for your own personal use usually won't bring The Man down on you. If you use someone elses logo to make a profit that is Copywright Infringement, and would be bad news bears for the person on the wrong end of a suit.

Bill, your shocks need some fancy new hats
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #160
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Looks killer!!!

*Stepping off soapbox*
Just a friendly FYI
are you stupid? if they dont like it dont look at it
richardgarrett56 is offline   Reply With Quote