Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 4xFord's Sportsman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #121
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post

All you have to do is spend a few minutes looking through the AX10 section and see how many great bodiless sporty builds that are going on to see how big of a deal this rule would be.
I much prefer the way my truck behaved with a body. I'm even painting one right now! Besides, why can't you just take the topper off and add two body mounts?
opek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #122
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by opek View Post
I much prefer the way my truck behaved with a body. I'm even painting one right now! Besides, why can't you just take the topper off and add two body mounts?
why should he have too?
you say you like how your truck handles with a body
so you dont care about the guys who think thier truck perfornms betetr without a body?

to each thier own,thats how it should be in this class,just as it is in the other classes we comp.

Oh,and one more thing,how easy is it for a guy,even a newb,to just mount a cab on thier current chassis?hey,now they are just as intimidating

Last edited by rock hard; 10-29-2011 at 05:27 PM.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #123
Custom Carbon Fiber

A bodiless rig is no more intimidating then a bodied rig in the hands of some one like Bender or Austin.

Whether or not bodiless is allowed your still gonna have people try the sport out and some will still walk away.

No rule is gonna change that. You want a class that encourages new people then create a No Run list. Its simple you qualified for a national then you go on the list.

If a club wants to use that list then they make the decision.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #124
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
A bodiless rig is no more intimidating then a bodied rig in the hands of some one like Bender or Austin.

Whether or not bodiless is allowed your still gonna have people try the sport out and some will still walk away.

No rule is gonna change that. You want a class that encourages new people then create a No Run list. Its simple you qualified for a national then you go on the list.

x2 on that,if you want to creat a class noobs can feel comfortable in,then you have to elliminate thier seasoned competiton.

I myself dot give a rats ars about a guys who is gonna be scared to run,hell
I was a noob once not that long ago,runing my wking against bergs.....I wasnt intimidated,I was pissed,pissed cuz my truck sucked,so I opened up my wallet and got a better truck,then started wrenching.

I absolutly cant believe that a converstaion is evolving around how a bodieless truck intimidates people.WTF maybe they should put down thier doll and get off the tet before they get into this hobby.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #125
dnf

Quote:

good example

is this intemidating?

the truck is not the issue,as long as the newbs who are pssies cant beat,oor get anywhere near the top of the group,them they will be intimidated.as long as they are cometing against seasoned vets,it doesnt matter what class,or what restrictions,they are gonn aget thier ars handed to them.
The newbs who arent still sukin a tet will get the itch and start building a better truck.

Last edited by rock hard; 10-29-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #126
No idea what I'm doing

This topic really needs it's own thread. We've totally destroyed Shelby's build thread...Sorry about that

We don't even know yet if this is going to happen. Although I agree with Camo...with the heavier hitters commenting here for it, it seems like it's inevitable. We just have to wait and see before we all get worked up.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #127
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

I have plenty of experience sucking on teats. Great Rig
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
No, any more of an angle to the skid would hurt the all around performance at too little of a gain IMO.

After putting some time on this car I can tell I need built 540 power. So, I just rebuilt a Brood 35t, quad mag, big comm motor. I am installing it and an fxr back in the car. I will use this skid for now but will be switching to a wider one asap.
Your motor plans sounds great,the rig looks incredible, and your showing lots of people the old shafty isn't done just yet, despite the treatment it's received.

Quote:
I just hope rules committee members are voting on what their club wants and not just autonomously. It would be a shame to screw over all the frogger, fastback, T1E, and others bodiless shafty owners. They are a large portion of current shafty drivers and should not be overlooked. That and its just another rule that kills creativity.
No kidding, that would mjust be another sharp stick in the eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
I agree! I think it would be a class killer since it would basically force anyone who bought one of those chassis, to just toss it and the money they spent into the trash. I have a chassis to run a body on, but if I was forced to ditch my bodiless, I'd probably use those axles on a scaler.

Where has it been talked about that Sporty is going bodiless? Somewhere here on RCC?
Sporty has a chance to put the local clubs back on the map I know ours coukd use some help, the rules shouldn't exclude any chassis that's legal by our current rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Bodied cars attract way more people to the hobby than bodiless.
You have absolutly no proof of that claim, the Bodiless cars look more like the 1:1s than the bodied cars do IMO, that statment is bass akwards

Shafties attract people plain and simple, so if that's the logic let's have everyone run bodies so we all have the responsibility to attract new people not just the shafies, Fair is fair and the body rule idea just doesn't hunt.

Quote:
That is the only argument for a body that makes sense to me, but is it better to alienate current shafty owners and drivers in order to possibly attract new people? Will someone really not feel as bad loosing to a bodied rig over a bodiless? What happens if I take my body off in the pits and they see all the upgrades?

The saying "a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush" comes to mind.
There sure are a lot of bodiless guys out there currently. I would hate for the class to loose them for a theory that may not gain as many drivers as it looses.
I agree, let's have a little focus on our existing members who have actually been keeping the dam 2.2 shaft truck alive. Lets not undo all the good work that has occurred with any formula, that would be a crying shame. I don't understand the necessity of this body rule at all.

Quote:
I don't see how it alienates anyone, honestly how long would it take you to put a body on your sporty? I'd say less than 5 minutes, and BAM you are in compliance.
Jason it's simple. those of us who stayed with our shafty rigs have actually evolved the shafty to it's current most competitive formula ever. The body rule would be making us take a step back wards that's just not cool with me.

I hope the body rule idea goes up in smoke real fast because it's really just another unnecessary restriction, give this class a little air you won't regret it, it will be great in every way. The Sporty class movement finally gets the 2.2 shaft truck right in a spot that can help grow our hobby. Let's treat it just like the open class no special rules other than the ones we already currently have for shaft trucks. It' really the only way to be fair to everyone.

Quote:
You know I will go along with the rules committee no matter what happens. Sporty class will be awesome either way.
The Sporty class is a brilliant idea but this body idea is just another set of handcuffs restricting what we've already accomplished and makes no sense what so ever.

Quote:
Why people are so stuck on the bodied/bodiless thing baffles me. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY A NEW CHASSIS, just stick a body on it and call it good.

I changed just a couple words in this post, see how dumb it is picking on one little thing?

Again I don't see how they wasted their money, just stick a body on it. I was talking to a driver just 2 days ago that has your chassis, he said to him it was no big deal to stick a body on it.
Don't over think it, keep it simple stupid, you'll love what happens, just don't make it a red herring and move it backward while the rest of our sport/hobby moves to the bodiless chassis it's our natural evolution plain and simple and you know thats true.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Your motor plans sounds great,the rig looks incredible, and your showing lots of people the old shafty isn't done just yet, despite the treatment it's received.

No kidding, that would mjust be another sharp stick in the eye.

Sporty has a chance to put the local clubs back on the map I know ours coukd use some help, the rules shouldn't exclude any chassis that's legal by our current rules.

You have absolutly no proof of that claim, the Bodiless cars look more like the 1:1s than the bodied cars do IMO, that statment is bass akwards

Shafties attract people plain and simple, so if that's the logic let's have everyone run bodies so we all have the responsibility to attract new people not just the shafies, Fair is fair and the body rule idea just doesn't hunt.

I agree, let's have a little focus on our existing members who have actually been keeping the dam 2.2 shaft truck alive. Lets not undo all the good work that has occurred with any formula, that would be a crying shame. I don't understand the necessity of this body rule at all.

Jason it's simple. those of us who stayed with our shafty rigs have actually evolved the shafty to it's current most competitive formula ever. The body rule would be making us take a step back wards that's just not cool with me.

I hope the body rule idea goes up in smoke real fast because it's really just another unnecessary restriction, give this class a little air you won't regret it, it will be great in every way. The Sporty class movement finally gets the 2.2 shaft truck right in a spot that can help grow our hobby. Let's treat it just like the open class no special rules other than the ones we already currently have for shaft trucks. It' really the only way to be fair to everyone.

The Sporty class is a brilliant idea but this body idea is just another set of handcuffs restricting what we've already accomplished and makes no sense what so ever.

Don't over think it, keep it simple stupid, you'll love what happens, just don't make it a red herring and move it backward while the rest of our sport/hobby moves to the bodiless chassis it's our natural evolution plain and simple and you know thats true.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, in line with Carey's point, it not only hurts the drivers but also the vendors that have been supporting the site and sport for a long time.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #130
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opek View Post
Because the shock mounts are integrated into the cab, not the chassis. Remove the cab and you've got two pieces of worthless aluminum joined together with a delrin skid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Fair is fair and the body rule idea just doesn't hunt.

I don't understand the necessity of this body rule at all.
Its baffling. It doesn't make sense to me either.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

National competitions do not bring new people into the sport, local clubs do. Local clubs have some leway to deviate from the rules.

Why not leave it open to both bodied and bodiless on a national level, and just let the local clubs decide how they want to treat their sportsman class.

Locally 2.2 comp has been the biggest in getting retained members. And bodiless played a big part in that, because they all got on this site, saw the options, and wanted nice bodiless setups.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Why people are so stuck on the bodied/bodiless thing baffles me.
You are stuck on it, I'm fine with allowing both.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

In order to ensure that I won't be intimidating any noobs, I removed the Moonbuggy cab from my Sportsman and cut a legal body for it. Just to be sure, I made it larger than spec, at 12.75" long x 3.25" high x 5.25" wide.

Yep. I can see the point. That's not intimidating at all in comparison to a ARTC AX10.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #134
Suck it up!

So I guess that before bodiless rigs were an option, nobody was intimidated?

Maybe if we all wore fluffy bunny suits too...
Old 10-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #135
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
So I guess that before bodiless rigs were an option, nobody was intimidated?

Maybe if we all wore fluffy bunny suits too...
Now that would intimidate
Old 10-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #136
Suck it up!

Everybody vote!

Petition/poll ~ Keep bodiless rigs in Sportsman!!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:32 AM   #137
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, in line with Carey's point, it not only hurts the drivers but also the vendors that have been supporting the site and sport for a long time.
It's a rule with a flawed thought process behind it IMO, obviously a idea from some who have not been competing with a 2.2 shafty, like many of us. The goal always seems to be to make the 2.2 shafty take some kind of back seat to the big show. Let it have it's own show with the same opportunity as the 2.2 Open Class, no special limitations, no fuzzy logic stuff, just let it be what it is, don't mess with it, it needs no fixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
In order to ensure that I won't be intimidating any noobs, I removed the Moonbuggy cab from my Sportsman and cut a legal body for it. Just to be sure, I made it larger than spec, at 12.75" long x 3.25" high x 5.25" wide.

Yep. I can see the point. That's not intimidating at all in comparison to a ARTC AX10.
That's what I'm talking about, thats one awesome bad ass shafty, look at it, it's a thing of beauty. Nice rig Twin and yes it's intimidating in your hands for sure.

For anyone who doesn't think a Open Sporty class won't be spectacular I think your going to be very surprised. This class could become something very special if given equal footing to the 2.2 Open class. The MOA and the Shafty are two different formulas lets roll with that without any "special rules".

The only sad thing is that this didn't happen right from the start. Oh sure some of us have been competing for years with the MOAs driving our shafties, and yes our trucks got better they had to, it was a up hill battle and not a even Steven kind competition, but we stuck with it and gave it our best. I'll tell you how it's gone from my view running a 2.2 shaft truck in the Open Class, we beat one hell of a lot of newbs just coming in to the hobby (driving the best of everything) and surprised some of the top old guys to.

Now that's actual intimidation.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #138
Try to Bend it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules Committee

F ck it, we don't care what they think or want
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Dont bring an idiot with you, theres always one when you get there