Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Axial Capra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2021, 03:04 PM   #281
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Axial Capra

Is it waterproof? Seems unlikely with the side reliefs for the motor can.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2021, 04:51 PM   #282
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
Is it waterproof? Seems unlikely with the side reliefs for the motor can.
No, it isn't...but, if you don't drive through water, it doesn't need to be. The SX107 is also not waterproof. While the Reef's 99 is waterproof, it also costs more ($60 vs $45 for the MG59).

One of the biggest problems I have with Reef's...and, why I have never purchased any of his servos...is that the owner has consistently refused to answer questions when asked what the specific metal his servo's gears are made from (online into just states "metal gears". Of course, the same used to be able to be said about the owner of ProModeler...but, he finally started providing that info. I'm NOT saying the gears in Reef's servos are made of any cheap, low-quality, alloy...for all I, or anyone else, knows, they could be the same steel & Ti gears used in other high-quality servos. At the same time, the least he could do is be upfront about info like that.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:09 PM   #283
Quarry Creeper

I still contend that the Reefs 99 is the AGFRC A20CLS. The Torq CL0508 is also really close, and there are a couple of others. When the Reefs first came out it even had a purple case umm... strikingly similar the AGFRC.

DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:30 AM   #284
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIsotope View Post
I still contend that the Reefs 99 is the AGFRC A20CLS. The Torq CL0508 is also really close, and there are a couple of others. When the Reefs first came out it even had a purple case umm... strikingly similar the AGFRC.

My guess is, neither company actually makes it. I'd be willing to bet that both are probably made by another OEM, and either the OEM prints the 'seller's' info on it, or each 'sellers' had a 3rd-party company print the info.

It would be no different than...say...the majority of HiTec chargers. Using the HiTec X2 AC charger as a perfect example, I've seen this exact same charger sold by multiple companies, with a few of them having the case in slightly different colors. Even Horizon Hobby sells it, under their "Dynomite" brand.

Getting back to Reef's, if he is just buying servos from an OEM...or, a few different OEMs...that might explain why he refuses to answer questions such as the specific metal(s) the servo gears are made of...maybe, the 'truth' is, he honestly doesn't know, and doesn't want to give out info on the chance that the info he gives out could be incorrect. If that's the case, then that means he's trying to be an "honest" businessman, which I like. But, again, of I don't know what's 'inside', them I still can't buy.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 07:47 AM   #285
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, most likely that he just doesn't know, as he's buying the servos to rebadge. Odds are they are indeed made by AGFRC, because they are a servo manufacturer. I have a couple of their full-size servos, they've all been excellent.
DrIsotope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, capra, crawler, goat, rig

Axial Capra - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM