Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Axial Capra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 03:52 AM   #241
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial Capra

Yowza!!!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2019, 07:31 AM   #242
Pebble Pounder

Ok now take to some rocks and let me know how it crawls! Lol this should be interesting
solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:54 AM   #243

Throw some paddles on it and hit the beach!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
RMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:32 AM   #244
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMIII View Post
Throw some paddles on it and hit the beach!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
With 2.2s, and large diameter paddle tires, I think this would make an excellent "beach buggy". Funny thing is...while I'm still a crawler newb, I was already considering getting a second Capra (as my third crawler...although, I plan to wait several months, for Axial to work the "bugs" out), and so just that. When you live in the SF Bay Area, and have countless beaches between San Francisco & Monterey, how can I resist...well, unless anyone can suggest another crawler-buggy that would make an excellent "beach buggy"..........

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:58 AM   #245
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
With 2.2s, and large diameter paddle tires, I think this would make an excellent "beach buggy". Funny thing is...while I'm still a crawler newb, I was already considering getting a second Capra (as my third crawler...although, I plan to wait several months, for Axial to work the "bugs" out), and so just that. When you live in the SF Bay Area, and have countless beaches between San Francisco & Monterey, how can I resist...well, unless anyone can suggest another crawler-buggy that would make an excellent "beach buggy"..........

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Here ya go for a beach buggy. https://www.ebay.com/p/664299464?iid...iABEgJVvPD_BwE
solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #246
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial Capra

Copy and paste pic to Word and resize to 8.5” width. The length will autosize to 11.7”. When it prints it cuts off the bottom 1/2” or so.

Open pic in MS Paint. Print setup, adjust to 100% size, reduce margins as small as possible, and print.

Last edited by Brake Weight; 10-06-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:00 AM   #247
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
Uh...thanks, but no thanks. One, that's a kids toy. Two, it reminds me of the Banana Splits buggy...lol

Old 10-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #248
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Uh...thanks, but no thanks. One, that's a kids toy. Two, it reminds me of the Banana Splits buggy...lol

It is a body for the Traxxas Slash. Likely the most popular basher of all time.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:18 AM   #249
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
It is a body for the Traxxas Slash. Likely the most popular basher of all time.
My bad. I just took a look at the photo, without reading what it actually was. Serves me right...lol

Old 10-07-2019, 09:12 PM   #250

What batteries are you guys running in the Capra?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Keil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:28 PM   #251
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keil View Post

I'll be using two different batteries, from two different brands...not that I've actually test-fit them (my build isn't 100% finished, tho they're both smaller than the battery Axial "recommend". For 2S, I'll be using Reedy WolfPack 2S Hard Case Shorty 30C LiPo 3000mAh. For 3S, I'll be using Gens Ace Adventure 3S High Voltage 50C LiPo 3600mAh.

Old 10-07-2019, 10:00 PM   #252
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Here are some pics comparing the Capra on 1.9s and the 2.2 version of the same tires.

It doesn't look right with 1.9" tires. It also doesn't look right with such a wide track. It needs narrower-offset hubs.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:14 PM   #253
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
It doesn't look right with 1.9" tires. It also doesn't look right with such a wide track. It needs narrower-offset hubs.
As a former photography major, the photos are "misleading". This is because they appear to have been taken fairly close, work a "standard" or "wide-angle" setting. Using the 'front view' photos, if you focus on the rear of the vehicle, you'll notice that the stance of the wheels/tires, compared to the frame, isn't as wide as the photos make it appear.

If someone who's already completed their Capra could take a photo from a further distance, using a telephoto setting, this would help to show what I'm referring to. As mine isn't complete, I'm currently unable to do this myself.

Old 10-07-2019, 10:16 PM   #254
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keil View Post

Tattu 3s 45c 1550
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:24 PM   #255
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Don't like it, don't buy it. Some issues in life have simple solutions.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #256
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
.030" is pretty standard for heavier bodies. Not crazy thick though.
Scotch-brite the inside before painting it. Oval guys do it to .030 all the time to lighten the bodies. Dont even notice the the scratches after its painted.

Quote:

Now, if Axial would re-release the XR10, I'd be all over that. I really don't understand why they refuse to re-release the XR10. Even if that style of comp crawling isn't popular anymore, there are still people who want a cliff-climber just for fun.
Its still popular
But the XR axles, as much as i love them, do need some design improvements. But we can only hope this paves way to a new MOA down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
Holy loud transmission Batman...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Mine is loud as hell on the bench. But there are a ton of metal gears in there so I'm not too shocked.
Welcome to 32p ..... you boys been spoiled with 48p SCX tranny's lol
Grease, lots of grease
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:49 AM   #257
RCC Addict

Quote:
You get used to the look after driving it a bit. Currently it has shit hubs which are supposed to be .400" from the pin and I just got some narrower hubs in to test. It's still wide because of the XR width axles though. Pitbull has a set of 5.1" 2.2 tires that might be cool to try out, or JConcept's 4.9" 1.9s.

Quote:
As a former photography major, the photos are "misleading". This is because they appear to have been taken fairly close, work a "standard" or "wide-angle" setting. Using the 'front view' photos, if you focus on the rear of the vehicle, you'll notice that the stance of the wheels/tires, compared to the frame, isn't as wide as the photos make it appear.

If someone who's already completed their Capra could take a photo from a further distance, using a telephoto setting, this would help to show what I'm referring to. As mine isn't complete, I'm currently unable to do this myself.

Gee now we're getting in depth. I have a 55-200mm I could take the pics with but I just used the 35mm because I was taking pics for the build on the bench and just opted to swap the tires on and take the pics from there as well. In order to to what you're proposing I'll have to find a good spot like 12 feet away from the rig and try at 75mm maybe. My prediction though is that it will only make the cage look a teensy bit wider and make the tires look more head on and "fix" the rear width, otherwise it's still wide with my current hubs on.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #258

I’m baffled that people think 1.9s look too small. I’m even more baffled that this is an issue for some. Buy the freaking wheels and tires you like!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:49 AM   #259
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Its still popular
But the XR axles, as much as i love them, do need some design improvements. But we can only hope this paves way to a new MOA down the road.
Ooh portal moa. :drool:
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:27 PM   #260
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I’m baffled that people think 1.9s look too small. I’m even more baffled that this is an issue for some. Buy the freaking wheels and tires you like!
Simple solution - put 1.9 tires on 2.2 wheels.

Tags
axial, capra, crawler, goat, rig

Axial Capra - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM