Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: My SCX10 Land Rover

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

steering guard not shiny any more

adrians3109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #82

I am really impressed! You've given me a lot of inspiration for my own TR body. Here I was, about to pull the trigger on a Rover body from eBay but those wheels by themselves look fantastic on the TR body! The tires are very nice too, how do you like their performance on rocks/trails/dirt?
skadebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Thanks a lot mate... the RC4WD tyres are very good...in performance are very similar to the prolines IMO. Only thing was that i mounted them on the landrover scale wheels and at first they were looking a bit odd with the TR's big wide fenders since they are a bit narrow... so i trimmed the fenders by some 6mm. BDW the ones covered in mud are the old prolines :-)))))

Last edited by adrians3109; 01-15-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:07 AM   #84
Rock Crawler

wow fantastic job! my buddy been thinking about this truck but he doesnt liek the way it looks. i gotta send him this link!
big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Today i received my new metal scale shackles...they're made for smaller scale tanks apparently but size matched perfectly...

Old 02-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #86
RCC Addict

I really like this build. I have been thinking about getting the TR version, but not a big fan of the body. My question to you is since you have the HPI Land Rover body as well, would the Dingo interior and cage work with the HPI body? I've seen it done on the HPI Bronco body where it was simply glued to the inside of the Bronco body. Let me know what you think.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

I'm not sure whether I can put into words how impressed I am with your Styrene fabrication!!! It's amazing.

Would you mid telling me how you made the Lights and Grill?? I'm guessing that you take more than one sheet of styrene, cut out different shapes, and then glue them on top of each other to get the 3D look. Is the drill strips of styrene glued onto another peice??

Thanks! Keep up the good work!
eemmaaxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #88
Pebble Pounder

love the truck,nice work
nitrorube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

those tires really set it off. great work!
big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemmaaxxxx View Post

Would you mid telling me how you made the Lights and Grill?? I'm guessing that you take more than one sheet of styrene, cut out different shapes, and then glue them on top of each other to get the 3D look. Is the drill strips of styrene glued onto another peice??

Thanks! Keep up the good work!
...the grill (centre piece) is made out of 1 flat piece of styrene and narrow styrene strips glued to it. Then sanded slightly to get it a bit smooth. For the light surrounds i first cut the shape out of 1 styrene sheet and the the outer rim from another paper thin styrene sheet and glued and sanded.

hope this helps mate
Old 02-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

...and here is what i've been busy on in the past weeks... i'm scratch building another body...this time a landrover discovery...not an LR3 but an old '89 3dr discovery 1... still not sure of the outcome but i'm giving it a try

Old 02-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I really like this build. I have been thinking about getting the TR version, but not a big fan of the body. My question to you is since you have the HPI Land Rover body as well, would the Dingo interior and cage work with the HPI body? I've seen it done on the HPI Bronco body where it was simply glued to the inside of the Bronco body. Let me know what you think.
sorry mate ...forgot to answer your question... never thought of the idea actually... i guess its not just a matter of glueing it on though. All i can tell you is that HPI and Dingo body are very similar in size...so maybe with some creativity it might work

Last edited by adrians3109; 02-10-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #93

Nice looking rover
Bobsclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Cool. I really like the RC4wd tires you have on it. How tall are they compared to the Flatirons? I'm thinking of getting those tires for a build, either a Bronco or a Land Rover. I really like the tall skinny look and think they would look great on an old school Bronco build. Would it be possible to take a picture of both side by side? Thanks.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians3109 View Post
...the grill (centre piece) is made out of 1 flat piece of styrene and narrow styrene strips glued to it. Then sanded slightly to get it a bit smooth. For the light surrounds i first cut the shape out of 1 styrene sheet and the the outer rim from another paper thin styrene sheet and glued and sanded.

hope this helps mate

That helps a lot thanks!

I've never used styrene before but when my TR turns up I might have a go!
eemmaaxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #96
Rock Stacker

Wow nice job it looks great
axialscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Cool. I really like the RC4wd tires you have on it. How tall are they compared to the Flatirons? I'm thinking of getting those tires for a build, either a Bronco or a Land Rover. I really like the tall skinny look and think they would look great on an old school Bronco build. Would it be possible to take a picture of both side by side? Thanks.
i'll try and take a pic later on and post it here... if i recall well they are exactly the same height...the difference is in the width...they are a lot narrower which makes them look scale.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #98
Quarry Creeper

all 3 of your bodys look great, you have an eye for detail.

I have a question for you, I have these white plastic rims also, and like you said the flatirons dont fit them very well, I tacked some tyre glue on mine, but they just dont sit right (unbalanced)

the rock crushers from rc4wd look like a much better fit, how do they perform compared to the flatirons?
Positronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:20 AM   #99
Quarry Creeper

they perform quite well actually... i saw them very near to the flatirons ...obviously the fact that they are narrower might do a little diffence but they are very good for scale tyres. I had to glue them from the inner side on the plastic landrover wheels because they were popping out without glue.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Would it be possible to take a picture of both side by side? Thanks.
here they are mate...