Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Billj"s G6 Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #321
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Billj"s G6 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMS View Post
Could it be used on the sled pulling contest ???
I guess it could be used for the sled pull.
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #322
KMS
Rock Crawler

Wonder if it would be legal ,,according to the rule book ,,, Ahh silly idea ,,This colder weather is getting to me ,,gotta be,,
KMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #323
I wanna be Dave

Had a good day yesterday at RRW Krawlzone. Had a good tun out and was able to drive to a 1st place finish, in 1.9 class. Thanks to John, Robin and Jeff for all you do, to make this possible. If anyone ever gets to north/central Fl. You gotta check out the RRW Krawlzone, a great place to comp or just play
Heres a link to pics from last Sunday
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2356612&type=3
Old 11-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #324
I wanna be Dave

Ok, we have a comp this saturday at RRW. Its a precious cargo event, heres the rules

PRECIOUS CARGO EVENT - NOV 15TH $20.00 per entry
This will be run on the 1:1 course out back of the Market

Registration is at RRW Hobby Shop 9-10 am 10:30 drivers meeting then the competition begins

The event will be run using Class 3 rules

Cargo will be a raw chicken egg - provided by RRW Hobby Shop
You may build a cradle for the "Cargo" - note that the cargo must have half exposed above the cradle
You can secure your "Cargo" with string, scale net, or bungies
You may NOT use glue, Velcro, or zip ties
Any other questions about the securing of cargo contact RRW Krawl Zone thru facebook messenger and all questions will be answered on facebook so everyone can see.

Any thoughts on what to secure the egg with??????
Old 11-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #325

Sounds like an interesting event. Building a cradle is the first business at hand...maybe with tooth picks or popsicle sticks. Then line the cradle with that cupboard lining that is non-slip and grippy (the weird bumpy one) so that the egg will have a fighting chance on inclines and bumps. This should provide some sort of easy cushion during the ride.

Hope that helps.

-N8-
Bytor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #326
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor View Post
Sounds like an interesting event. Building a cradle is the first business at hand...maybe with tooth picks or popsicle sticks. Then line the cradle with that cupboard lining that is non-slip and grippy (the weird bumpy one) so that the egg will have a fighting chance on inclines and bumps. This should provide some sort of easy cushion during the ride.

Hope that helps.

-N8-
Thanks for the tips. Im looking at all the different options for this challenge.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #327
I wanna be Dave

We had the RRW "Precious Cargo" comp today. I ended up just putting some memory foam in a box that a servo came in. And tying it down with twine. Simple yet effective. Had a good run, 100 gates. I only had 3 winch penalty's and finished 2nd. And my egg survived the whole course
Old 11-30-2014, 03:49 PM   #328
I wanna be Dave

Had another comp at RRW last night. Very tough course, tough but fun. I was able to get another victory, and my son Tyler (Rocky666) finished third. Our first podium together

Here is a link to the pictures from last night
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2356612&type=3
Old 12-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #329
I wanna be Dave

I went to my first RC4WD King of Florida TTC in Ocala, fl on dec 14th. This comp had a ton of awesome built trucks for this comp. I knew i was underpowered and small tired. Alot of the guys were crazy brushless powered, and 2.2 tires. But i wanted to give it a shot. Great show put on by FSTR. There were about 45 drivers competing in six different events. I was able to finish 12th, which i think was respectable, with my little 1.9 G6. Heres a link to RCSoup, who did a great write up of the event

2014 RC4WD King of Florida Tough Truck Challenge | RC Soup
Old 12-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #330
I wanna be Dave

Had the Christmas Night Krawl ant the RRW Krawlzone last sat night. Another great event put on by RRW. Thanks again to John, Robin, and Jeff. I was able to pull another podium finish.(2nd) Little blue G6 is stringing up some great finishes. Heres a link to pics from sat night

https://www.facebook.com/RotorsRudde...type=1&theater

Last edited by billj; 12-22-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #331
KMS
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj View Post
I went to my first RC4WD King of Florida TTC in Ocala, fl on dec 14th. This comp had a ton of awesome built trucks for this comp. I knew i was underpowered and small tired. Alot of the guys were crazy brushless powered, and 2.2 tires. But i wanted to give it a shot. Great show put on by FSTR. There were about 45 drivers competing in six different events. I was able to finish 12th, which i think was respectable, with my little 1.9 G6. Heres a link to RCSoup, who did a great write up of the event

2014 RC4WD King of Florida Tough Truck Challenge | RC Soup
Wow lots of great pics ,,,
Old 01-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #332
I wanna be Dave

Had a comp at RRW today, Exploded a pinion bearing at gate 2. Decided since ive never had a dnf at RRW, to repair it and continue. After about 15-20 minutes of tearing the rear end out of my scaler, i was able to get it back running. And was able to drive to a second place finish. Thanks to John at RRW for the bearings, u saved the day.

heres a pic of the bearing, time for some maintenance.lol
Old 02-06-2015, 07:12 PM   #333
I wanna be Dave

Got a new servo winch from KMS. Its the new version of the K3. Has more power and is faster than previous model. Cant wait till Sunday, to put it to the test. Im sure the K3 will kick ass, as usual Excuse the dirty rig pics, haven't cleaned the mud off from the last comp. lol

Old 02-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #334
KMS
Rock Crawler

This one is one of two new servo winches that I am testing ,, Testing it on my spring scale showed 50 lb, using Heyok 4amp relay winch controller ,3s lipo,,Its new and wont replace the K3 SW 180 oz It will still be available , It will be the K3 SW 220 oz ,,That I discontinued last year after many broken parts ,,This one should be good ,,

Ride it hard Bill and let me know what you think ,,don't hold back ,,,

Thank you Robert
Old 02-07-2015, 03:44 AM   #335
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMS View Post
This one is one of two new servo winches that I am testing ,, Testing it on my spring scale showed 50 lb, using Heyok 4amp relay winch controller ,3s lipo,,Its new and wont replace the K3 SW 180 oz It will still be available , It will be the K3 SW 220 oz ,,That I discontinued last year after many broken parts ,,This one should be good ,,

Ride it hard Bill and let me know what you think ,,don't hold back ,,,

Thank you Robert
Robert, thanks for chance to try out new servo. I will definatly push it hard. It's the only way I know. Lol
Old 02-07-2015, 05:27 PM   #336
I wanna be Dave

All cleaned up and ready for comp tomorrow. As cleaned as she can be, getting about time for a new body Got a new sticker installed

Old 02-08-2015, 05:53 PM   #337
I wanna be Dave

Had the comp at RRW today, was able to finish 3rd. But i made a mistake and put on some traxxas 1942 ends on my lower links. Thinking they were the same length as the stock Axial ones, i didnt even check the truck. Well when i started the comp, i noticed i was having issues with something binding. I just powered through, but at gate 89 (out of 100) my battery went dead. When i picked up my truck i noticed the front pinion was pointing towards the ground, and my mip driveshaft was the binding issue. Totally my fault. So i put in a fresh battery and continued on thru the final 11 gates. On a better note today my KMS K3 winch performed like a champ, super fast and strong as hell. I love the new winch, this thing was dragging me up some serious stuff today excuse the crappy video.

http://vid946.photobucket.com/albums...d/MVI_0608.mp4
http://vid946.photobucket.com/albums...d/MVI_0611.mp4

Last edited by billj; 02-08-2015 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #338
I wanna be Dave

Had a night comp last night at RRW Krawlzone. Had a pretty good run, finished third. CrawlerDad lights continue to shine bright. New KMS winch is a beast, this thing pulls me up anything. Thanks again Robert.

Wanted a better approach angle, so my buddy Kevin made me up a new front bumper. I removed the old Scalerfab bumper and faux winch, and installed the new one. I used a SSD fairlead (nice piece). I had to redo the servo winch mount a little, but seems to work great, line spools great.

Old bumper

New WTF bumper

Old 02-23-2015, 09:34 PM   #339
Rock Stacker

all this time following this thread, I just realized your steering servo is still mounted on the axel...

Have you noticed any issues with it there vs mounting it on the chassis?
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:27 AM   #340
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
all this time following this thread, I just realized your steering servo is still mounted on the axel...

Have you noticed any issues with it there vs mounting it on the chassis?
I have never done the cms setup. Some people say it's just good for scale points, that there is no increase in performance. My little jeep works well the way it is, would hate to screw it up. Lol. Maybe someday I'll try the cms setup. The only issue I have with it the way it is, is when the front sups is bottomed out, it hits the drag link. But I'm very rarely bottomed out

Billj"s G6 Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cormier33's CC Smash Build "TEAM OTTSIX Post Season Build Off" official entry thread cormier33 Axial XR10 132 10-26-2014 11:04 PM
"DIABLO" Ottsix Post Season Build Off! offical build thread silver falcon 2.2 Scale Rigs 21 09-06-2014 06:08 PM
Chaotic Crawlers "DEMON" build! aka "Kreacher" Mac10 EnRoute Berg 96 09-26-2010 01:49 PM
Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1/10 Rock Crawler Kit Build, Chapter 2 "The Mod Build" JAM MaxAmps.com Axial AX-10 Scorpion 42 06-06-2008 10:00 PM