Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX10 II

Notices

Thread: Gmade RSD Suspension?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2016, 02:45 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Gmade RSD Suspension?

Hmm. Whats the Piston Range, Like say SCX10-II kits Stock Piston Range is 61-90mm. From the sounds if it, these ought to help my 10.2 stop doing throttle squats when I am accelerating. HH 2700KV gives me a bit of torque squat in the right rear when giving it throttle. Might try to put 60 weight oil in the rear for a temporary fix until I can afford these ones if they perform well.

Last edited by malickie; 12-29-2016 at 02:49 PM.
malickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by malickie View Post
Hmm. Whats the Piston Range, Like say SCX10-II kits Stock Piston Range is 61-90mm. From the sounds if it, these ought to help my 10.2 stop doing throttle squats when I am accelerating. HH 2700KV gives me a bit of torque squat in the right rear when giving it throttle. Might try to put 60 weight oil in the rear for a temporary fix until I can afford these ones if they perform well.
They are a 64-90mm shock
AWraith build is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Hmmm, not too bad on the travel. Not quite as much travel as the stock but I think these sound like they should do a little better, the piggyback ones I mean because I would be able to increase and decrease oil pressure depending on the situation which would be a nice change.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:00 AM   #24

So what's the take on these guys? I've been eyeing the RDS shocks since a guy in our local club shared the YouTube pre-release video on the group page on FB.
flyingwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:56 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I think they will be the ticket. They are designed to hold oil and they look amazing. We can take it from there with oil weights and different spring combos.
doubler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubler View Post
I think they will be the ticket. They are designed to hold oil and they look amazing. We can take it from there with oil weights and different spring combos.

Rumor is minimal spring options, is this not true?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
flyingwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:42 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I would guess scx10 Springs fit but not sure.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:56 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Well, all I know is the Shock Spring Diameter is 15mm, so depending on what that inner diameter is, looks like rc4wd king shock springs would work. Either way though I am no Shock Expert so unless someone has a pair and has some spare springs laying around to test all of the springs and or knows the actual dimensions of everything kind of hard to say one way or the other.

Doesn't look like SCX10 would fit, their springs are 12.5mm.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Inner shock spring diameter is 13mm on the RSD 100mm piggyback shocks
Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:18 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Not to worried about spring. There are many to choose from
Care to share???
Thanks,
Farmer
Old 01-28-2017, 07:13 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Sure....... You know that there are several shocks being sold with several springs in production. So....... purchase the dang shocks and we will figure out several excellent options. That's the joy of our hobby IMO. Making it work......
Old 01-28-2017, 07:30 AM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Sure....... You know that there are several shocks being sold with several springs in production. So....... purchase the dang shocks and we will figure out several excellent options. That's the joy of our hobby IMO. Making it work......
Wow what a prick answer........no shit!!!! Thanks for the input
Later,
Farmer
Old 01-28-2017, 09:49 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Prick answer? Just the truth. I like to make things work. That's what makes scale rc fun for me. I don't feel that everything should be pure bolt on (cookie cutter). back at ya.......
Old 01-28-2017, 10:52 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Prick answer? Just the truth. I like to make things work. That's what makes scale rc fun for me. I don't feel that everything should be pure bolt on (cookie cutter). back at ya.......
Some people dont have a great local hobby shop to just walk into and look at or test fit things. Having to rely strictly on buying shit online is frustrating. Pay for shipping, wait for item to arrive...wrong size. Cost too much to ship back, so keep in a random pile of crap that we have no use for or basically just toss money in the trash.

Too small diameter spring isnt going to fit over the shock body, too big isnt going to stay on due to the size of the collar.

Axial has some 14mm diameter springs, but I'm guessing they will rub on the body. If the RC4WD King springs work, then that would be great since there is a variety of springs available from those.

I really want a set of these. I saw in another thread a guy bought them from Junfac. I was going to do the same but wasnt able to find them for sale.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:16 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
If you knew anything about me or my builds none are cookie cutter bs! Anyways good luck.................

To those who would like to share info.

I've spent a month going to various hobby shops and have spent hours looking for something. No go, unless you want to do a hack job and take away from the scale appearance. The only option I see for me is ordering the softs straight from Junfac. Sucks paying the $14.50 again on shipping for $10.00 in springs Does anyone other than me actually have a set of these?
Later,
Farmer
Old 01-28-2017, 12:15 PM   #36
Dbx
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
Does anyone other than me actually have a set of these?
Later,
Farmer
I just bought a set from Junfac (direct from Korea) too.
They are 80mm, non piggy back, destined for my twin hammers.
The spring rate on these is too high for an scx 10, but probably about right for the setup i have in the TH. Seem a little under damped, even with the 2 hole piston, but i'll try it on track first before upping the viscosity.

My plan is to get a 100mm set for my scx10. I'll maybe buy soft springs from the outset.
My rc4wd King 'scale' shock springs DO fit in terms of dia. You need an ID of 12-13mm. Trouble is, you're unlikely to get the twin springs to fit in terms of length.
Dbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Farmer, I meant no disrespect. I didn't say that anything you build was cookie cutter. I was simply saying that I feel that the shocks would be worth purchasing and going from there. I love the challenge of making things work. Again I am sorry and intended no disrespect. You have been around much longer than me.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

I'm waiting for rpp to get some. I talked to them and apparently the US distributor didn't order any until they contacted them this week.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 12:49 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like I am going to wait until yall get a hold of them and test out springs . Either way will most likely eventually pick up a set depending on springs and leaks etc. If they aren't leaky and I can get decent springs without having to do weird mods than I will definitely pick up a set lol. For now going to attempt to get the 10.2 kit shocks to stop leaking with some marine grease and hope it works well enough.

On another note, are the top pivot balls metal like the lowers, or are they plastic?
Old 01-28-2017, 04:14 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Farmer, I meant no disrespect. I didn't say that anything you build was cookie cutter. I was simply saying that I feel that the shocks would be worth purchasing and going from there. I love the challenge of making things work. Again I am sorry and intended no disrespect. You have been around much longer than me.
Quote:
They look like a perfect mini t spring candidate
It's cool man Mini t springs will work, but just won't work with the spring cup and threaded collar.(they work like they do on Traxxas big bores) At this point I'm hoping to keep the stock looks, but if I can't find a suitable rate that will be a option.
Later,
Farmer

Gmade RSD Suspension? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New G-Made RSD Shock Absorbers LSXGMC General Scale Talk 21 01-22-2017 02:08 AM
Gmade R1 Stealth Cantilever Suspension bikerzee24 G-Made Crawlers 33 04-04-2014 08:15 PM
Titanium Steering and Suspension Links for Gmade R1 Blue Monkey RC Chassis and Suspension 0 02-14-2013 01:41 PM
rustler suspension arms versus bandit suspension arms... STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER Non Crawler RC's 5 08-30-2010 11:05 AM
rsd and wheel speed nuts5000 General Crawlers 7 04-07-2008 06:43 PM