Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Wraith

Notices

View Poll Results: Should axial Release this now
YES 591 60.12%
NO 35 3.56%
Thrash the sh!t out of it and get the bugs are ironed out, so it does turn out like the xr-10 357 36.32%
Voters: 983. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: New Axial - Wraith

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #941
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post

Then there is the issue of just how many scale events can be ran in a given region?

Kind of have to go with the flow i guess.
That's pretty much it. If you want to run in a competition or race, you'll want to run what's, for the lack of a better word, trendy....at least in your local scene unless you want to travel. Obviously each rig is unique, but we all see the clear distinction in overall style between full on comp rigs, scalers, FoFF, koh, etc. Many of us don't mind because it means there's something fresh or new. After running a certain class for so long, some people tend to get bored and want to move on to something else. Axial is doing like any company would, they're riding that wave. However, there is one distinction, they do a lot more research into their products than many of the other companies out there. They have hoards of team members, marketing, and engineers out at various comps and all over the forums. And while they don't post a whole lot about what rig everyone wants to see next, it's pretty easy to see what direction the masses are heading in or wanting to go when you simply look through the forums on this site alone.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 06:30 PM   #942
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prusik333 View Post
G6 Challenge thread
R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge "Gamblers Paradise"

post#96
nissan driver24
talks a little bit about the "Wraith"
hey i'm glad you guys all like the my 2 cents on it never written anything like that ever before... I personally wasn't going to get this rig at all but upon seeing it I will... I see a lot of improvements compared from the scx10 / ax10 designs. I have two scx10 and will never get rid of them but this will be part of my collection once the kit version comes out.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #943
Rock Crawler

Just for curiositys sake... what is the width of the old WK axles.. I got rid of mine some time ago..
Also there may be hordes of Wraiths out there initially but I am sure that some of the top builders on the boards will have builds started and done in no time flat.. The only question will be what bodies are they going to use.. so many bodies seem narrow on even the standard ax-10 axles..
Old 04-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #944
Pebble Pounder

Default G6 rules

from what I read, the new wraith does not fit in the G6 challange scale frame only rule book.
but i'm sure there will be a class sooner or later.

Vehicle Requirements:
1. Must be 1/10 scale electric car/truck with a scale chassis. (No 2.2 comp chassis with a scale body) A scale chassis could be a MSD or a RC4WD or an Axial SCX-10 chassis.
2. 1.9 or 1.55 wheels and tires ONLY! Tire may be name brand or knock offs, just as long as they resemble the real thing.
3. Vehicle must have at least 5 scale accessories. (I.e. jerry can, bed roll, cooler, shovel, winch, rock lights, ect.) This requirement may vary from G6 to G6 depending on what the event requires.
4. NO rear steer and NO dig. A vehicle may have 4×4 or 2×4 capabilities.
5. A vehicle must have a tow strap and winch points. (I.e. Bumper, D-rings, ect.)

Last edited by luv2ridemx; 04-04-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:49 PM   #945
Quarry Creeper

Just release this already!!!! Does anyone know about whenyet? Its drivin me crazy!!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #946
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2ridemx View Post
from what I read, the new wraith does not fit in the G6 challange scale frame only rule book.

Vehicle Requirements:
1. Must be 1/10 scale electric car/truck with a scale chassis. (No 2.2 comp chassis with a scale body) A scale chassis could be a MSD or a RC4WD or an Axial SCX-10 chassis.
2. 1.9 or 1.55 wheels and tires ONLY! Tire may be name brand or knock offs, just as long as they resemble the real thing.
3. Vehicle must have at least 5 scale accessories. (I.e. jerry can, bed roll, cooler, shovel, winch, rock lights, ect.) This requirement may vary from G6 to G6 depending on what the event requires.
5. A vehicle must have a tow strap and winch points. (I.e. Bumper, D-rings, ect.)
It does fit into the SORRCA Mod class
Old 04-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #947
RCC Addict

Quote:

Vehicle Requirements:
Yea thats what i figured. The g6 is formatted close to our scale adventure series. and we ended up keeping it scale . Some times you are running for a good bit over an hour. And you have to carry everything with you. From drive shafts, batteries, sand ramps, snatch blocks, etc..... the wraith just isnt htjat type of truck. Would be better off with a scx10 base.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #948
RCC Addict

Quote:

Vehicle Requirements:

No worries Derek, anything can be modified We'll get it to fit when you move back up to Sac My Ftoy doesn't have a lot of the stuff needed but it will be ready for the AWCC in June
Old 04-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #949
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Vehicle Requirements:
Whats not scale about the Wraith?

And I beleive when asked in vegas about it being G6 worthy the answer was Hell Yes.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #950
Relaxed !

Quote:

Vehicle Requirements:
with 2.2 being incorporated the wraith is sure to have many podium spots!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #951
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by See65 View Post

And I beleive when asked in vegas about it being G6 worthy the answer was Hell Yes.
The scale adventure series and the g6 are formatted after the european trophy and challenge events. Most of these events use modified street trucks. Not purpose built rock buggies.

So its not that the wraith is not scale, its just not scale to this type of event.

Thats fine though, we will still most likely allow them. Just have to change the tires andd wheels. And make sure to carry all the gear.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #952
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
The scale adventure series and the g6 are formatted after the european trophy and challenge events. Most of these events use modified street trucks. Not purpose built rock buggies.

So its not that the wraith is not scale, its just not scale to this type of event.

Thats fine though, we will still most likely allow them. Just have to change the tires andd wheels. And make sure to carry all the gear.

you could just leave it 2.2 & enter in the 2.2 G-Rides
Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #953
Rock Crawler

First thing to go are the 2.2's and slap on a set of 1.9's.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #954
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prusik333 View Post
you could just leave it 2.2 & enter in the 2.2 G-Rides
Thats true.

You can do a search on rcc. We started it as the Ohio scale adventure series back in march of 09. At that time we offered a 1.9 and 2.2 class.

What we found over the course of two years running , that the courses were really involved and there was not enough interest in 2.2. However now with the wraith and many top trucks, a 2.2 class just may make a comeback?

Definitely will have to make it a consideration.

In fact in some of the 1:1 challenge events there is an open class for highly modified rigs.

You never know, the wraith just may have a nitch!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #955
Pebble Pounder

um....guys ......
Old 04-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #956
Pebble Pounder

I'm putting 1.9s on it thats for sure. I think the 2.2s look to big anyways. I do still plan on running my Honcho also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
No worries Derek, anything can be modified We'll get it to fit when you move back up to Sac My Ftoy doesn't have a lot of the stuff needed but it will be ready for the AWCC in June
Old 04-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #957
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by See65 View Post

I think the Wraith is very scale.....Gosh, we're like a bunch of hens in a hen house.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #958
RCC Addict

Quote:
I think the Wraith is very scale.....Gosh, we're like a bunch of hens in a hen house.

LOL

Thats what the internet is.........one BIG hen house!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #959
Pebble Pounder

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011...aith-revealed/
Old 04-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #960
Pebble Pounder

Closed Thread

Tags
fn sweeeet

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-wraith/299196-new-axial-wraith.html
Posted By For Type Date
check this out....sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! This thread Refback 10-05-2011 08:09 PM