Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Wraith
Loading

Notices

Thread: Choosing a motor and ESC for your Wraith - Gearing Added!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #41
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chattanooga tn
Posts: 74
Default

thanks for info on the 13t crawlmaster im going with the mmp and tekin 13.5 what gearing do u think would be best i like hill climbing and trail run alittle rock crawling
James888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 250
Default

There's some good info in this thread...

What Powers Your Wraith?

Last edited by GrimJeeper91; 11-07-2011 at 12:52 PM.
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #43
20K Club
 
Harley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sending illegals home one Hayabusa at a time.
Posts: 22,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James888 View Post
thanks for info on the 13t crawlmaster im going with the mmp and tekin 13.5 what gearing do u think would be best i like hill climbing and trail run alittle rock crawling
32 pitch gears, 60/15 works well for me.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:00 PM   #44
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chattanooga tn
Posts: 74
Default

thanks for the info
James888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Farmington/Lakeville
Posts: 165
Default

Hey Harley, do you think I could run 32 pitch with my 21T TM? Would it help save the motor any, and what do you think possible gearing would be if possible?
Adamsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #46
20K Club
 
Harley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sending illegals home one Hayabusa at a time.
Posts: 22,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsdad View Post
Hey Harley, do you think I could run 32 pitch with my 21T TM? Would it help save the motor any, and what do you think possible gearing would be if possible?
32 pitch won't have anything to do with saving the motor, it just saves itself. 48 pitch spur gears are easy to shred is the reason we go to 32 pitch.

The lower you go with your 21 the better as far as extending it's life span. I would go somewhere in the 5:1-5.5:1 range on the spur and pinion if I was to guess. May not be low enough...

^^^^ Post 15,000
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Farmington/Lakeville
Posts: 165
Default

Thanks, I might be better off selling it and running a 13T CM, and congrats!
Adamsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #48
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 17
Default

For those running 32 pitch, what brand of spur and pinion are you running. Plastic or metal, and has anyone had to upgrade to metal trans gears.
spot47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #49
20K Club
 
Harley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sending illegals home one Hayabusa at a time.
Posts: 22,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot47 View Post
For those running 32 pitch, what brand of spur and pinion are you running. Plastic or metal, and has anyone had to upgrade to metal trans gears.
Brand doesn't really matter. I have ran Traxxas, kimbrough, associated, etc. plastic spur gears are fine. Metal just sounds nasty.

Metal internal gears are high on the upgrade list if you want a reliable rig.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: meriden
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Brand doesn't really matter. I have ran Traxxas, kimbrough, associated, etc. plastic spur gears are fine. Metal just sounds nasty.

Metal internal gears are high on the upgrade list if you want a reliable rig.
Are u still using the slipper Harley? Cause I have a associated gear but the center hole is to big for the slipper to work, I think the4+4 slash spurs should work if they have anything larger than a 54t spur
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #51
20K Club
 
Harley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sending illegals home one Hayabusa at a time.
Posts: 22,975
Default

Yup still using the slipper. Pretty sure the 58t gear I have was Associated but maybe I was wrong.

My 60 is Kimbrough and works great.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Albany
Posts: 316
Default

I've got a Wraith kit I'm working on that I'm wanting to be more of a trail runner, with some light to medium crawling. I was looking at the HH CrawlMaster Pro 540 13t, but they are showing out of stock
What about this combo: TorqueMaster Pro Rock Racer combo 21t with a BRXL?
Or should I just fork over the extra $10 for the Team Edition Crawlmaster 13t?
I emailed JRH a few days ago but haven't heard back yet, & I'm ready to spend some $$$
slickwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #53
20K Club
 
Harley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sending illegals home one Hayabusa at a time.
Posts: 22,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwillie View Post
I've got a Wraith kit I'm working on that I'm wanting to be more of a trail runner, with some light to medium crawling. I was looking at the HH CrawlMaster Pro 540 13t, but they are showing out of stock
What about this combo: TorqueMaster Pro Rock Racer combo 21t with a BRXL?
Or should I just fork over the extra $10 for the Team Edition Crawlmaster 13t?
I emailed JRH a few days ago but haven't heard back yet, & I'm ready to spend some $$$
Either go with a 27t or get the team edition. I am running the team edition now, just a little more power than before. Run it at zero timing.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Albany
Posts: 316
Default

Thanks Harley your build is a great reference for newbs like me.

One more question - with the team edition, I want CW rotation, correct?
Thanks again
slickwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #55
20K Club
 
Harley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sending illegals home one Hayabusa at a time.
Posts: 22,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwillie View Post
Thanks Harley your build is a great reference for newbs like me.

One more question - with the team edition, I want CW rotation, correct?
Thanks again
I suggest zero timing (as per Holmes) due to the size of the brushes on the Checkpoint endbell. So rotation doesnt really matter since you can just switch the wires. The Wraith runs reverse stock.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #56
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,166
Default

Harley, I'm was also getting ready to purchase last night that 13t crawlmaster but like slickwillie said it's out of stock and so is the BEC. I have all the parts except the motor, Waterproof BRXL,and the BEC. Would you know how long before Holmes has in stock I just emailed him last night also. But if you guy's are saying that 13t team edition works well with the same gearing then I'm all over it. Thank's for your help and patience Harley

Last edited by muddywaters; 11-08-2011 at 12:17 PM.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:04 PM   #57
20K Club
 
Harley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sending illegals home one Hayabusa at a time.
Posts: 22,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
Harley, I'm was also getting ready to purchase last night that 13t crawlmaster but like slickwillie said it's out of stock and so is the BEC. I have all the parts except the motor, Waterproof BRXL,and the BEC. Would you know how long before Holmes has in stock I just emailed him last night also. But if you guy's are saying that 13t team edition works well with the same gearing then I'm all over it. Thank's for your help and patience Harley.
I don't have the stock status but if I hear I'll post up. The team edition is a good motor, I'm liking mine.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #58
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,166
Default

Will the CC BEC Pro work better than the regular bec. Or should I just wait for the one that is out of stock to come back.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #59
20K Club
 
Harley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sending illegals home one Hayabusa at a time.
Posts: 22,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
Will the CC BEC Pro work better than the regular bec. Or should I just wait for the one that is out of stock to come back.
If you're running multiple servos I suggest the Pro.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #60
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 1,166
Default

I will be running the F/R Servos just Like your 4WS system set up.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com