Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Paystin's Chaotic "Switch"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #41
Im Brandon

Default Re: Paystin's Chaotic "Switch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
It wouldn't be the same without hitting Patsy's Friday night
Your right! It wouldn't be the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
This is one time I'm glad my girlfriend lives 45 minutes away. You girls have fun tearing it up.

Atleast I know my daughter won't be pointing out Jake puke in my car to me again.
Now its going to be even better
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #42
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Jake wasn't the only one pukin that night...but at least I made it to Anaheim before I started & didnt fill Chris's ashtray with that cherry crap you guys were drinkin.

I tried to get Chris to come out & play Friday but he's whooped & whooped hard. Guy gets his little carrot wet & no more fun guy.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

LOL you guys crack me up.
gerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
I think I need to hang out with you guys more often.

What's your front and rear wheel/ tire combo weigh?

And nice hookup on the axial stuff. I have been thinking about trying some scx shocks myself, but I sponsored my only set to some wild man with a paint gun.
Ya, there isn't much "moderation" when we get together. I really thought Jake could handle his liquor better but clearly he can't. How dare you ask a technical question in my thread.

Front weight with DHII wheel and VP knuckle weight is- 11.39 oz.
Rear weight with SLW and no extra weight is- 6.14 oz.

Both with shaved Sedona tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Your right! It wouldn't be the same

Now its going to be even better
You sure that lovely wife of your's isn't planning a Target trip that night. You better make sure you're free before you start spoutin' off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Jake wasn't the only one pukin that night...but at least I made it to Anaheim before I started & didnt fill Chris's ashtray with that cherry crap you guys were drinkin.

I tried to get Chris to come out & play Friday but he's whooped & whooped hard. Guy gets his little carrot wet & no more fun guy.
I know you've forgotten what it's like but let me tell ya', it's fantastic. You just can't fill that roll for me sweetheart. Plus, I might have a really good story for you on Saturday with her friend coming out with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerr View Post
LOL you guys crack me up.

Last edited by paystin; 05-16-2012 at 02:13 PM.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #45
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
I know you've forgotten what it's like but let me tell ya', it's fantastic. You just can't fill that roll for me sweetheart. Plus, I might have a really good story for you on Saturday with here friend coming out with us.
STORY being the operative word there brutha. I'll be sure to let her know your "plans"...see what SHE thinks about it.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #46
RCC Addict

So it wasn't pretty but I manged a third place finish in our final comp of the 2012 season. That allowed me to take 1st place in the series and get an invite to the So. Cal regionals in June.

While I obviously wasn't using the new Chaotic Crawlers "Switch" chassis for the entire series, I did use it today and it felt pretty damn good on the rocks for only having it running for a week now.

The courses were pretty brutal with only Brad "bender" Dumont (yes the former national champ) finishing with a negative score for the day. There are a few minor changes I'd like to make to it before regionals but I will update those a bit later. For now I'm gonna go stare at my trophy since they don't come around to often.

Last edited by paystin; 05-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

good job man . cant wait to see what u change
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

good job, mate!
nicodrive01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodrive01 View Post
good job, mate!
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
good job man . cant wait to see what u change
I have a few ideas. Nothing drastic but now that the season series is over, I can experiment a bit with some things.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #50
RCC Addict

J.D (hardknockz) came down a day early to get some tuning/ practice in for the comp yesterday. Although his setup is similiar to mine, it was interesting to see how "like" rigs react with different drivers at the wheel.

We had a good 2+ hours out on the rocks just trying different lines and seeing what our rigs could and couldn't do. J.D pulled a 7th place finish which was great and he even won our King of The Park/ Wraith race after the 2.2's were done. I think there were about 20 guys competing in an all out quarter mile lap (x's 4) and J.D came out on top. Good job man!

Here's some pics from the day.

Mine's prettier and drives better than his.

So quick story on this pic. I found a new line and wanted to try it. After a couple of reverses, my rig goes up and over without to much trouble. J.D on the other hand, stood in this position for a good 45 minutes trying to get his truck to do it and it just wasn't gonna happen. After a few batteries and a tire change, Brandon from Axial shows up and drives for a bit with us. I show Brandon the line and he goes up it (not as easily as me but not bad for a guy that drives every three months.) J.D tries for another 10 minutes and we leave. No success for my buddy but it was a great effort.

Last edited by paystin; 05-20-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #51
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

You forgot to mention the 15 minutes YOU tried it with my rig. I just wasn't able to get any real practice in on the new chassis before this day so to say that I have some tuning to do would be a gross understatement.

Had fun tho & a 7th with a rig thats largely untuned, had a total of 4 packs run thru before the comp & in a talent pool that deep is respectable in my book.

KOTP race was a BLAST!!! My Wraith DID WORK!!! Parker woulda been proud.

Thanks again & tell your dumb ass dog next time she swipes my peanut butter cup...we're boxin. I know shes USED to eating peanut butter outta YOUR lap but I just don't roll that way.

J.D.

Last edited by HARDKNOCKZ; 05-20-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #52
RCC Addict

You can only polish a turd so much. I'm sorry that my building skills trump your's. Atleast you beat me at the comp.........wait a minute, nevermind.

I'm never gonna look at my poor puppy the same way again after you told me what you did to her while I was gone. Remind me to never let you babysit my dog or god forbid, my kids again.

Last edited by paystin; 05-20-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So it wasn't pretty but I manged a third place finish in our final comp of the 2012 season. That allowed me to take 1st place in the series and get an invite to the So. Cal regionals in June.

congrats dude!! great driving!!
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Truck looks incredible and this says it all, congratulations.

Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #55
Im Brandon

Quote:

So quick story on this pic. I found a new line and wanted to try it. After a couple of reverses, my rig goes up and over without to much trouble. J.D on the other hand, stood in this position for a good 45 minutes trying to get his truck to do it and it just wasn't gonna happen. After a few batteries and a tire change, Brandon from Axial shows up and drives for a bit with us. I show Brandon the line and he goes up it (not as easily as me but not bad for a guy that drives every three months.) J.D tries for another 10 minutes and we leave. No success for my buddy but it was a great effort.
Good stuff, glad I could twist the screwdriver in a bit further

BTW, a stock XR chassis made it up that line

Also, I hadn't driven in 4 months...
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #56
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:

Ah yes...thats what I like about you OC boys...nuttin but love. I think thats the 1st time that I was actually hopin someone WOULDN'T pull a line...outside of a comp setting of course.

Ya got skills & lumberin that cinder block on wheels up that line was um...cool.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
congrats dude!! great driving!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Truck looks incredible and this says it all, congratulations.
Thanks for the nice words guys!

Quote:

I think J.D died a little inside when you made it up that climb. So mean of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Ah yes...thats what I like about you OC boys...nuttin but love. I think thats the 1st time that I was actually hopin someone WOULDN'T pull a line...outside of a comp setting of course.

Ya got skills & lumberin that cinder block on wheels up that line was um...cool.
Maybe you will pull off something I Can't do someday.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Now that the season series is over, I'm ordering up a few things to make some changes.

I'll post up pics and details when everything comes in.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #59
RCC Addict

It's been about two weeks of tinkering with what I already had and today I got the last of the parts I needed for some changes.

With the Pacific Coast Championships coming up in less than two weeks, I wanted to get this thing done and dialed in so I don't have to worry about it up in Monterey. Here's what I've changed in the last two weeks.

1. New VP tranny cases. I tried the stock plastic cases with an Axial HD motor mount but I was getting a little popping in the rears when in a bind. I ordered a new set of VP cases and put those on.

2. Rowdy Racing topless battery mount. I was running my battery on an behind the motor Rowdy mount but I needed to move things around a bit in the chassis so I got the new mount.

3. New axle housings both front and rear.

4. The Futaba 4PL receiver is kinda big and it didn't really fit to well in the chassis. I moved the receiver from the back of the skid to the Rowdy (now electronics) mount behind the motor. No one will ever accuse me of doing a great wiring job.

5. I had ordered a set of the Holmes- Crawlmaster pro "team" version motors a few months ago as backups. My current motors- Holmes Crawlmaster pro 16T's were getting tired and need to be rebuilt. These new motors are awesome. They have the Team Checkpoint endbells (which are new to me) and the quality is unbelievable. They are 35T's with 14T pinion front and 13T pinion rear. The low end control is amazing, the torque is fantastic and the speed is great for a 35T.
I also switched from 14 Guage wire to 16 Guage wire.

I was running VP DH1's and DHII's for the front wheels and decided to switch them out for SLW's all around. Luckily I had matching SLW's for all three sets of rims so it was an easy swap.

Finally I switched from 50wt. oil all around to 35wt. oil all around. RTR weight is 4lbs. 8 oz. I really don't see trying to drop anymore weight out of it. It's working extremely well at this weight so no need to mess with a good thing.

Last edited by paystin; 06-04-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #60
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

What's yer ride height at there ya vanilla gorilla? Could be the angle of the pic but it looks like it grew a little.

Motors suck. You should give em to me so you don't have to use such a sub par power plant.

Other than that...rigs lookin good brutha from anutha.

Paystin's Chaotic "Switch" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chaotic Ultra4 buggy "Bad Action III" Chaotic Crawlers 2.2 Scale Rigs 113 05-23-2012 09:41 AM
Paystin's Chaotic Crawlers XR10 paystin Axial XR10 65 04-17-2012 07:58 PM
Chaotic Crawlers "DEMON" build! aka "Kreacher" Mac10 EnRoute Berg 96 09-26-2010 01:49 PM
Chaotic Crawlers: "Tripple B" Berg Ball Buster Chaotic Crawlers Team Losi Comp Crawler 44 06-09-2009 10:47 AM