Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Paystin's Chaotic "Switch"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Paystin's Chaotic "Switch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post

looking good buddy.....I need to get my rc funds built back up so I can start my switch build!!!

I see your scx10 shocks are doing what they do best...............leaking

but what springs are those?
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
What's yer ride height at there ya vanilla gorilla? Could be the angle of the pic but it looks like it grew a little.

Motors suck. You should give em to me so you don't have to use such a sub par power plant.

Other than that...rigs lookin good brutha from anutha.
Thanks you ginger peach.

It's the angle of the pic. 3 1/8" at the front and 3 1/4" at the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
looking good buddy.....I need to get my rc funds built back up so I can start my switch build!!!

I see your scx10 shocks are doing what they do best...............leaking

but what springs are those?
Thanks man! They do leak a bit but iT's nothing a little topping off can't fix.
Springs are Losi mini-T silvers in the front and Losi MRC silvers rear.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks you ginger peach.

It's the angle of the pic. 3 1/8" at the front and 3 1/4" at the rear.

Thanks man! They do leak a bit but iT's nothing a little topping off can't fix.
Springs are Losi mini-T silvers in the front and Losi MRC silvers rear.
oh ok....for some reason they looked gold in the pic on this old PC monitor I'm using ...
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #64
RCC Addict

They actually do look gold (on a new PC monitor too). I think it's just the flash doing that.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

How much of the weight loss do you think is from the new chassis?
I think you should give the old motors to someone who can actually put them to use... me.
Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris View Post
How much of the weight loss do you think is from the new chassis?
I think you should give the old motors to someone who can actually put them to use... me.
I believe the new chassis is about 1.5 oz lighter than the special. I've got some sweet 45 turns I'll throw your way.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #67
RCC Addict

Back from the Pacific Coast Championships and I have to say, it was a great event in a great location. The weather was fantastic, the rock was probably the grippiest (yes it's a word) I have ever driven on and the scenery was beautiful.

The truck performed extremly well for all 4 courses. I really don't feel like I can get this thing to do more than it is except for maybe bumping up the shock oil a bit for a little smoother rebound effect.

Unfortunately, about 4 ft. turned what could have been a great day into a mediocre one. Course #3 saw me finish 3'+ from the finish with only a gate penalty in hand and so that was a difference in 37 points right there. Course #2 was the killer as I reached gate 10 with 50 seconds left and literally had my truck halfway through progression and couldn't get it through with 40 seconds left on the clock. It was extremly frustrating and turned another -15 into a +22. Looking back on it, I should have just grabbed a handful of throttle and hoped for the best or atleast hit a gate and gotten in a position to try another run at it. Oh well, you live and learn I guess.

It was still a great event and I'm glad I made the trip. It wasn't even that bad putting up with J.D (Hardknockz) for the 14 hours in the car.

So Cal regionals are this coming Saturday so I'm looking forward to seeing how I can screw up that one.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
So Cal regionals are this coming Saturday so I'm looking forward to seeing how I can screw up that one.

I have faith in you young patawan learner.
winkscrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkscrawler View Post
I have faith in you young patawan learner.
Thanks buddy! I can always count on you for support.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #70
RCC Addict

Well I managed to get through the So Cal regionals without screwing it up to bad and got the "win". I put the win in quotes because a couple of of our top drivers weren't able to compete for various reasons so I can't say I beat the absolute best of the best (no disrespect to those that competed), just wanted to get that out there. I'm really hoping to make the trip to Alabama for this year's Nationals and competing against all of the great drivers that will be there.

The event was held at Mt. Baldy in a river wash that had the slickest rock I've ever driven on. Going from the Pacific Coast Championships last weekend where there was almost to much traction to this, was crazy. It was like driving on wet tile at some points where you had to hope for a little help on the slide to get you through some gates. We ran six courses total with each club setting up two courses. I did manage to finish 5 of the 6 courses and progressed the furthest (tied) on the other one. It was all about just trying to finish the courses regardless of reverses or taking a gate or two.

The truck worked amazingly well all day. I even got a lot of compliments from guys that were impressed with what it was able to hold and climb. It's currently sitting at 4 lbs. 10 oz and I can't see going much lower than that. The front bias is great and it does everything I ask of it so no need to drastically change things up.

Thanks to all of the judges and course designers for an entertaining day.

Here's some pics courtesy of our little "shutterbug" Josie that does a great job capturing the action for us.

Last edited by paystin; 06-24-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #71
RCC Addict

Way to go Chris. I was glad to see you get those finishes and keep the inner beast inside. I was scared for a second I swear I saw your skin turning green and your pupils dialating.

Congrats on the "win"
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well I managed to get through the So Cal regionals without screwing it up to bad and got the "win". I put the win in quotes because a couple of of our top drivers weren't able to compete for various reasons so I can't say I beat the absoulute best of the best (no disrespect to those that competed), just wanted to get that out there. I'm really hoping to make the trip to Alabama for this year's Nationals and competing against all of the great drivers that will be there.
Chris don't sell your self short, you sir belong with the rest of the best in the area. We all know you have skill and a sweet rig so you better get out to nats and put the smack down on some fellers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Way to go Chris. I was glad to see you get those finishes and keep the inner beast inside. I was scared for a second I swear I saw your skin turning green and your pupils dialating.

Congrats on the "win"
LOL "I'm always angry" I Remember the famous Mini to the trash can toss that wizzed by my cabeza.........good times

Congrats to both of you, I hope you both get to represent at nats, you both are great drivers and great deserving competitors.
gerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Congratulations that's a big win.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post

Congrats on the "win"
Thanks Jim! I like my new "nicer, kinder, more gental" self than the old Hulk. There were a few touchy moments in there but I think we all had those yesterday on that slip and slide.

Great job on your "2nd place" finish too. You'll get that first win soon (I just hope I'm not there for it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerr View Post
Chris don't sell your self short, you sir belong with the rest of the best in the area. We all know you have skill and a sweet rig so you better get out to nats and put the smack down on some fellers.

LOL "I'm always angry" I Remember the famous Mini to the trash can toss that wizzed by my cabeza.........good times

Congrats to both of you, I hope you both get to represent at nats, you both are great drivers and great deserving competitors.
Thanks for the nice words Dan. I have no recolection of any "flying mini" that you speak off. Probably becuase I blacked out from being so pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Congratulations that's a big win.
Thank you very much! It's great to compete against some amazing talent at every comp. Definately brings you to another level, or it leaves you behind.

Last edited by paystin; 06-24-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #75
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Congrats you vanilla gorilla. You've been drivin the wheels off yer rig lately & Im stoked that you finished on top (insert disgusting visual of a shaved ape "finishing" on top here)

In all seriousness holmes...ya done good. Its been cool hangin & drivin with you this season. You've put in the work & deserve the win. Besides...those other fellars Jake Wright, Joel Gatlin & David Wray have just been lucky. Very VERY lucky...on multiple courses...at multiple comps...for multiple seasons. Yup...pure luck.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #76
RCC Addict

good job chris i hope your able to make it to alabama
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

once again, Nice Job chris!

how much knuckle weight are you running these days?

i am stuck at the 5lb mark and am struggling to get my rig below that mark.
i have plenty of ideas to get it down to mid 4lb range, but am curious if I am overlooking something before i start fabbing up new parts.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Congrats you vanilla gorilla. You've been drivin the wheels off yer rig lately & Im stoked that you finished on top (insert disgusting visual of a shaved ape "finishing" on top here)

In all seriousness holmes...ya done good. Its been cool hangin & drivin with you this season. You've put in the work & deserve the win. Besides...those other fellars Jake Wright, Joel Gatlin & David Wray have just been lucky. Very VERY lucky...on multiple courses...at multiple comps...for multiple seasons. Yup...pure luck.

J.D.
You are a wordsmith my friend. I'll eventually beat all three of those "lucky" bastards at the same comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky3 View Post
good job chris i hope your able to make it to alabama
Thanks Rich! I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
once again, Nice Job chris!

how much knuckle weight are you running these days?

i am stuck at the 5lb mark and am struggling to get my rig below that mark.
i have plenty of ideas to get it down to mid 4lb range, but am curious if I am overlooking something before i start fabbing up new parts.
Thanks Marc. You guys made a great product and I'm happy to be running it.

I am currently running just the main VP knuckle weight up front. My bias is at the beginning of the lower link rod ends (leading to the chassis) and I don't fell like I need more than that to keep the front end down.

I am using the VP tranny cases (for now) but might try the stock plastic cases again to save a little more weight. I did take off the VP servo guard and changed out the CHubs to the stock plastic ones which saved about 1 oz. or so total. Other than drilling out gears, carbon fiber wheels or smaller diameter links, I can't see where I could lose much more weight.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

Are you running plastic bodied scx 10 shocks or aluminum bodied? Also just wandered what your process for shaving the sidewalls is? What sander and grit paper i need, yours look nice and clean. Last thing, you running 1 slw or .7? Really just wanted to bump this thread, about to start my swith build this week when all my parts get here, and wandered if there are any updates.
Sheepdawg23wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #80
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdawg23wm View Post
Are you running plastic bodied scx 10 shocks or aluminum bodied? Also just wandered what your process for shaving the sidewalls is? What sander and grit paper i need, yours look nice and clean. Last thing, you running 1 slw or .7? Really just wanted to bump this thread, about to start my swith build this week when all my parts get here, and wandered if there are any updates.
Don't follow HIS lead on shavin tires. C'mon Paystin...share a pic of the Boss Claws you shaved recently. Not the tires that I shaved for you either chump.

I like using a Dremel myself. It allows more control & a cleaner surface than the belt sanders. I think Chris just using the same method he uses to shave his taint...peanut butter & his puppy.

Last edited by HARDKNOCKZ; 07-04-2012 at 12:47 PM.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Paystin's Chaotic "Switch" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chaotic Ultra4 buggy "Bad Action III" Chaotic Crawlers 2.2 Scale Rigs 113 05-23-2012 09:41 AM
Paystin's Chaotic Crawlers XR10 paystin Axial XR10 65 04-17-2012 07:58 PM
Chaotic Crawlers "DEMON" build! aka "Kreacher" Mac10 EnRoute Berg 96 09-26-2010 01:49 PM
Chaotic Crawlers: "Tripple B" Berg Ball Buster Chaotic Crawlers Team Losi Comp Crawler 44 06-09-2009 10:47 AM