Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Paystin's Chaotic "Switch"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #141
RCC Addict

Default Re: Paystin's Chaotic "Switch"

After a dissapointing electronics failure (both ESC's and the steering servo) went out on me the night before our last comp, I was bummed that I would miss out on series points for our second comp. Thankfully I ended up going anyways and one of our local club members loaned me his rig to drive for the day (thanks again Matt!). Ended up in sixth for the day which wasn't to bad seeing I had about a minute and a half drive time on the loaner before the comp started.

While it was apart a made a few minor changes.

*Switched back to the MRC silver springs in the rear.
*Raised the front upper links to the upper mounting hole in the VP mount.
*decased the Futabe receiver.
*Shaved a little more weight off of my already cut VP knuckle weights.
*Moved the steering tie rod back to underneath the axle.
*And made up some new panels using carbon fiber sticker sheet over the lexan panels.

This will probably be the last update on this chassis before the new one arrives. No comp in December so I'll get some tuning/ testing done on the new chassis before January's comp. The cab still looks backwards to me too.

Hey look, it's Angelic like me!

New running weight.

paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #142
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

I DO like all the VP love yer showin.......but damn that cabs FUGLY that way. I just can't like it.

Other than that...Glad you were able to run Matt's rig & yeah...6th aint bad with ANYBODYS rig bro. Bring that rig along on Sat. Gonna get some parting footage of the regular ol Switch before finishing up the Team Light Switch build.

See ya in a few days homie.

J.D.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 AM   #143
Quarry Creeper

Sorry to hear about all the electronics failing... Did you find out what caused it?
D19er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #144
Rock Crawler

I think the cab looks mean as hell that way. Rig looks good, like that cf sheet.
Wicked Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #145
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
I DO like all the VP love yer showin.......but damn that cabs FUGLY that way. I just can't like it.

Other than that...Glad you were able to run Matt's rig & yeah...6th aint bad with ANYBODYS rig bro. Bring that rig along on Sat. Gonna get some parting footage of the regular ol Switch before finishing up the Team Light Switch build.

See ya in a few days homie.

J.D.
I'm with ya on the cab. I just can't get used to it the way it sits now. I will bring it Saturday and there's plenty of oil in the shocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D19er View Post
Sorry to hear about all the electronics failing... Did you find out what caused it?
Thanks for your condolences! I knew my ESC's were going from a lot of use so I had "backups" that were warranty repairs and those didn't work either. No idea what happened to the servo at the same time. I'll send it to Savox and see if they will fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah1 View Post
I think the cab looks mean as hell that way. Rig looks good, like that cf sheet.
Thanks but as stated above, might need to switch it around for personal preference. I don't know how long the CF sticker sheet will hold up but I really like the look of it. We'll see after beating on it a bit this Saturday at a club GTG.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #146
I wanna be Dave

SAVOX<--------- I found your problem!

I don't know what's wrong with you California kids, but the cab IS actually on the "right" way now. It must be all that smog and kardashian perfume you have to breathe out there!!???

I think it looks great.
It Looks like I need to get you some new stickers though!
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #147
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post

I don't know what's wrong with you California kids, but the cab IS actually on the "right" way now. It must be all that smog and kardashian perfume you have to breathe out there!!???

I think it looks great.
Agreed on most points here! The Savox was the only servo avaialable at the time and I needed one that day. Have switched back to the HiTec again so suck it.

Big fan of the Kardashian perfume. Nothing gets you going like the smell of Armenian in the morning.

Yea, I went through the two stickers i got pretty quick. More would be (in my best gay voice) FABULOUS!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #148
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post

I think it looks great.
Now now...just because NONE of yer 7 wives look as good as those big bootied Armenians is no reason to start poking fun at their STANK. That's the kinda stank I wouldn't mind dabbing behind my ears...IF ya know whatta I mean & I KNOW THAT YOU DO
Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #149
I wanna be Dave

Well if that isn't cheating! Stick on CF wrap.. phhh! Lol.. I'm working on some skins Paystin, out of real CF... Maybe off to you soon! I didn't forget ya..

Rig looks great! Other then the cab.... I prefer it "backwards" the right way! It just looks better. Glad you found the steering problem.. hahaha, Savox!

Ur other problem, lol... Electronics.. sounds like you got new ones back an didn't work? No surprise there.. 2 out of 3 didn't work that I got back.. now 3 more replacements on there way.. I hope 2 of them work
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #150
RCC Addict

Quote:
Now now...just because NONE of yer 7 wives look as good as those big bootied Armenians is no reason to start poking fun at their STANK. That's the kinda stank I wouldn't mind dabbing behind my ears...IF ya know whatta I mean & I KNOW THAT YOU DO
That's funny, I was gonna mention the wives thing but you know how them Utes get when you mess with their livelihood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Well if that isn't cheating! Stick on CF wrap.. phhh! Lol.. I'm working on some skins Paystin, out of real CF... Maybe off to you soon! I didn't forget ya..

Rig looks great! Other then the cab.... I prefer it "backwards" the right way! It just looks better. Glad you found the steering problem.. hahaha, Savox!

Ur other problem, lol... Electronics.. sounds like you got new ones back an didn't work? No surprise there.. 2 out of 3 didn't work that I got back.. now 3 more replacements on there way.. I hope 2 of them work
Thanks man. I feel ya on the cheating thing (no comment J.D) with the CF. It was just so easy and right there in front of me so I had to do it. I would gladly take a set from you if you get around to it.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #151
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
I feel ya on the cheating thing (no comment J.D)

Now THATS funny!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #152
I wanna be Dave

I'll have a package to J.D. when I get some things goin an around.. I have my set made, I just can't bring myself to mounting them for the off season here! No need to look good for fun crawling...

Is that all it takes! Put something easy in front of you an you'll do it..... Cheating doesn't get you anywhere
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #153
RCC Addict

Quote:

Now THATS funny!!!
Thought you'd like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post

Is that all it takes! Put something easy in front of you an you'll do it..... Cheating doesn't get you anywhere
It's another topic for another thread on another website.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #154
Quarry Creeper

Hummm, backwards Gorilla....
Attached Images

Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #155
RCC Addict

Looks about right Norris. I'd "unfriend" you but you are to entertaining!

Paystin's Chaotic "Switch" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chaotic Ultra4 buggy "Bad Action III" Chaotic Crawlers 2.2 Scale Rigs 113 05-23-2012 09:41 AM
Paystin's Chaotic Crawlers XR10 paystin Axial XR10 65 04-17-2012 07:58 PM
Chaotic Crawlers "DEMON" build! aka "Kreacher" Mac10 EnRoute Berg 96 09-26-2010 01:49 PM
Chaotic Crawlers: "Tripple B" Berg Ball Buster Chaotic Crawlers Team Losi Comp Crawler 44 06-09-2009 10:47 AM