Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Paystin's Chaotic "Switch"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Paystin's Chaotic "Switch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Don't follow HIS lead on shavin tires. C'mon Paystin...share a pic of the Boss Claws you shaved recently. Not the tires that I shaved for you either chump.

I like using a Dremel myself. It allows more control & a cleaner surface than the belt sanders. I think Chris just using the same method he uses to shave his taint...peanut butter & his puppy.
At least he didnt use a belt sander down there
gerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdawg23wm View Post
Are you running plastic bodied scx 10 shocks or aluminum bodied? Also just wandered what your process for shaving the sidewalls is? What sander and grit paper i need, yours look nice and clean. Last thing, you running 1 slw or .7? Really just wanted to bump this thread, about to start my swith build this week when all my parts get here, and wandered if there are any updates.
I know the shocks are Alum. Belt sander for the shaved Sadona's. And with my belt sander experiance (after ruining 3 tires) be careful.
Playstin is probably off playing 4th of July with his beautiful kids (take after mother).
Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #83
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris View Post
I know the shocks are Alum. Belt sander for the shaved Sadona's. And with my belt sander experiance (after ruining 3 tires) be careful.
Playstin is probably off playing 4th of July with his beautiful kids (take after mother).
No no Mr.Norris...he went back to plastic bodied shocks. Well...that was his plan anyhoo. He put his old set on & the plastic was just hammered so he was waiting for a new se....WAIT! WTF am I playin secretary to his big ass for?

& yea...kids DO take after mom. Thank GOD for that. How many Baby Huey's can we have in one world?
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No no Mr.Norris...he went back to plastic bodied shocks. Well...that was his plan anyhoo. He put his old set on & the plastic was just hammered so he was waiting for a new se....WAIT! WTF am I playin secretary to his big ass for?

& yea...kids DO take after mom. Thank GOD for that. How many Baby Huey's can we have in one world?
Thanks for the correction JD. Yeap you seem to be the secretary for his big ass.. hee heee Atleast we are keeping his thread alive.
Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:33 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdawg23wm View Post
Are you running plastic bodied scx 10 shocks or aluminum bodied? Also just wandered what your process for shaving the sidewalls is? What sander and grit paper i need, yours look nice and clean. Last thing, you running 1 slw or .7? Really just wanted to bump this thread, about to start my swith build this week when all my parts get here, and wandered if there are any updates.
I'll reply to your question then answer those knuckleheads in another response.

I am currently running the aluminum bodied shocks. I think I prefer the plastic ones for some reason though, I just need to get a new set and compare with the current setup.

I used a small belt sander to shave the Sedona's. Not sure of the grit but I'd say it's probably around 80-100. I seem to be able to shave Sedona's and Rovers O.K but I've ruined two sets of Boss Claws trying to shave those fuggers. The key is to definitely take it slow and don't try to take to much off in one pass.

I am running .7's on the Sedona's pictured. 1" on BossClaws. No real other updates to mention. I've just been messing with my upper link positions a bit to see what different setups do. Figured I've got about two months before Nationals so I might as well play with a few things and see what they do.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the chassis. I'm sure it's going to impress you just like it has me.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Quote:
Don't follow HIS lead on shavin tires. C'mon Paystin...share a pic of the Boss Claws you shaved recently. Not the tires that I shaved for you either chump.

I like using a Dremel myself. It allows more control & a cleaner surface than the belt sanders. I think Chris just using the same method he uses to shave his taint...peanut butter & his puppy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerr View Post
At least he didnt use a belt sander down there
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Thanks for the correction JD. Yeap you seem to be the secretary for his big ass.. hee heee Atleast we are keeping his thread alive.
Yes, I'm a big, dumb, ugly mother f'er that has way better looking kids than I deserve coming from me. It's the only thing my ex did right so I have to be thankful for that.

I refuse to have my thread drug through the mud like J.d's, so please keep your idle chit chat out of here.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #87
RCC Addict

I got a new steering tierod from the Chaotic guys today. It's 1/8" instead of the 3/16" the original one is made from.

Definately smaller and has a little "spring" to it. I won't be able to test it out until Saturday when I get my replacement electronics mount from Rowdy Racing. The guys know who to send it to for durability testing though. I can break, bend, snap or tweak any part on this thing and sometimes all at once.

Comparison of the old and new link.

Old link weight- 24G

New link weight- 7G
Old 08-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #88
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

& thats BEFORE you throw it down the mountain

BTW Put some oil in yer shocks & when yer ready...come on out to the big boy rocks & we'll try filming...again. Ya vanilla gorilla.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

looks interestingly small. I wonder if the springyness will help or hurt in binds
gerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

THE ROOKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #91
RCC Addict

They just made me some upper links for my new build in 1/8" but I dont think I would trust it as a tie rod.

(Especially with your temper)
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

That is an impressive weight savings! I will be interested to know how it will hold up
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

The idea behind the 1/8" tierod is that it's not for the faint of heart.
This was designed for those looking to get extreme with weight savings.

I think it will hold up fairly well, however it is designed for the extremist who understands the consequences of using extremely light and small parts.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well it does for my favorite part breakin bad luck havin Paystin.
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #94
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers View Post
The idea behind the 1/8" tierod is that it's not for the faint of heart.
This was designed for those looking to get extreme with weight savings.

I think it will hold up fairly well, however it is designed for the extremist who understands the consequences of using extremely light and small parts.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well it does for my favorite part breakin bad luck havin Paystin.
I agree with you, I'm good at breaking s*#t.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #95
E.Y. Designs

So why are you using the bent rod ends?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
So why are you using the bent rod ends?
Good catch.. That was just the first set I threw on there to get a weight for everything.

I have the regular Axial rod ends on there now. They're just about the same size as the Traxxas ones but with a smaller hole diameter.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

Nice rig Chris.
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #98
I wanna be Dave

chris whats the newest setup that you have liked the best
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
chris whats the newest setup that you have liked the best
I didn't have a chance to run it this weekend even though I got all the parts in on friday. Damn kids took up the whole weekend with their need for attention (and I loved every minute of it).

I'm planning on running it tomorrow for most of the day. I've made a few small changes that I'm curious to see how it reacts to. I'll post up tomorrow with some pics and results from the new smaller steering tie-rod.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

interesting to see the changes you made,
THE ROOKIE is offline   Reply With Quote

Paystin's Chaotic "Switch" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chaotic Ultra4 buggy "Bad Action III" Chaotic Crawlers 2.2 Scale Rigs 113 05-23-2012 09:41 AM
Paystin's Chaotic Crawlers XR10 paystin Axial XR10 65 04-17-2012 07:58 PM
Chaotic Crawlers "DEMON" build! aka "Kreacher" Mac10 EnRoute Berg 96 09-26-2010 01:49 PM
Chaotic Crawlers: "Tripple B" Berg Ball Buster Chaotic Crawlers Team Losi Comp Crawler 44 06-09-2009 10:47 AM