Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: PURP builds a featherweight REMEDY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #121
Rock Crawler

Default Re: PURP builds a featherweight REMEDY

Wow .... This is crazy .... Not once did I state there was an issue with any DLUX product ... And yes I have used rear weights before .. Didn't help nor hurt me and my " easy coast driving " .... Simply stating what's the point of light axles if you're weighing them down doesn't constitute trash talking someone's product ..... It's asking a general question as to why
.... At that point they aren't " super lite anymore !! I have hundreds of dollars in dlux products ..... So why would it seem like an attack ? This is an xr thread ....floki lives in Norway so he won't be coming to botw to prove weights work ... I'm not flying there to prove they don't .... I have no reason to ... I asked a general statement as to why you'd weigh down light axles ..... You have made a point others have made their point and animosity between vendors has nothing to do with my point .... I wasn't challenging any ones products or driving skills or videos or documentation I asked a question ....why? .... And I get all this ..... Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purptr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2015, 11:20 AM   #122
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandon View Post
And back to the thread, Purp if your out there I was just wondering if you had a pic of the ends of that Egressor shaft before install. And how did he attach the final gear. I have been racking my brain for a couple days trying to figure it out. Not that I am going to attempt to make it, just think it's really cool. Build is looking awesome.

The center of the gear was milled out the tube is secured with a specific lock tite to hold cylindrical pieces I'll send you the number later ..... The stub shaft is inserted the same way I'm at work but I'll send you pics in the next day or so if I remember ... Or pm me to remind me

Old 04-02-2015, 11:41 AM   #123
Rock Crawler

Mystery solved. Thanks
blandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #124
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandon View Post
And back to the thread, Purp if your out there I was just wondering if you had a pic of the ends of that Egressor shaft before install. And how did he attach the final gear. I have been racking my brain for a couple days trying to figure it out. Not that I am going to attempt to make it, just think it's really cool. Build is looking awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purptr8r View Post
The center of the gear was milled out the tube is secured with a specific lock tite to hold cylindrical pieces I'll send you the number later ..... The stub shaft is inserted the same way I'm at work but I'll send you pics in the next day or so if I remember ... Or pm me to remind me

Loctite retaining compound ..... its Green.

Think my bottle is 609#
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #125
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Loctite retaining compound ..... its Green.

Think my bottle is 609#

609 may be the number yes I'll check later

Old 04-02-2015, 11:47 AM   #126
Fifth dimension

69 is your number
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:42 PM   #127
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I went to AZ last summer and I was shown a line that was close to "impossible" Cant tell you how many people I saw try it. I was the only one to make it and I could do it almost every single time (took me a good bit to figure it out though)
The line you can drive standing on the gravel of the parking lot...truck at head height?

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:43 PM   #128
RCC Addict

Pretty sure it doesn't matter if your rig weighs 10 pounds or 2 pounds, as long as it works for the driver. That being said, if it wasn't for the vendors we have any of this wouldn't be possible. I'm building a new rig and I have no idea what it weigh, though I do know it will work for me!!!! Keep up the the good work Purp
Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Different strokes for different folks. Run what makes YOU happy. I run rear weights.. Does my rig perform differently than rigs without it, yup. Can I still sling my rig and float it like before, yup. Am I satified, yup. Trends are great and all, but the ones who stray from the path seem to always be ahead of the game.

Carry on Purp, nice strawweight rig you have here.
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:37 PM   #130
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Different strokes for different folks. Run what makes YOU happy. I run rear weights.. Does my rig perform differently than rigs without it, yup. Can I still sling my rig and float it like before, yup. Am I satified, yup. Trends are great and all, but the ones who stray from the path seem to always be ahead of the game.

Carry on Purp, nice strawweight rig you have here.
Shouldn't you be sleeping ... Past your bed time young buck .... And to repeat my point .... I asked why he would add weight to his ultra lights .... I'm not knocking weights just asking .... You like weights I gave you weights for the rear of your yeti .... I still asked you why and shipped them to you free... It's a general question deserving of a general answer ... I see your scores I don't doubt your driving or anyone else's .... I'm beating a dead horse here ..... I asked a question and explained an idea or scenario based upon my driving style ... And people don't take the time to read ... They are defending stuff that isn't in need of defense .... It is up to YOU. The driver and the rig and the rocks ... I wasn't saying ...DONT USE WEIGHTS THEY ARE STUPID AND ONLY IDIOTS USE THEM .... But that seems to be the consensus of how it was taken by berg drivers .... I built this truck as a last hurrah for xrs... I've been told by vendors of berg products that bergs are SOOOOOO much lighter and that may very well be the case but I took it upon myself to build a light weight functional xr ... It may blow apart my first comp who knows ... I have spares and back ups of everything ... And if not I have several sets of berg axles to swap to if need be... With that said .... To each their own I don't care either way ... Weights or not ... Do your own thing ...

Old 04-03-2015, 12:12 AM   #131
RCC Addict

The short time i had my rig in the 3 lb range i felt the car was almost undrivable. It would just not stick lines the way 4lb 12oz xr was able to walk. I had to approach everything differently and not necessarily in a good way. As i slowly added weight back in i didn't think it got good again until about 4lbs 6oz.

The difference between my xr and super lites..... the majority of the weight added is where i want it to be.... out wide and low.

Last edited by Curcal; 04-03-2015 at 12:15 AM.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:26 AM   #132
Rock Crawler

Default PURP builds a featherweight REMEDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
The short time i had my rig in the 3 lb range i felt the car was almost undrivable. It would just not stick lines the way 4lb 12oz xr was able to walk. I had to approach everything differently and not necessarily in a good way. As i slowly added weight back in i didn't think it got good again until about 4lbs 6oz.

The difference between my xr and super lites..... the majority of the weight added is where i want it to be.... out wide and low.
My first xr was a secret agent ,it weighed 4.6 pounds and it seemed sloppy and hung up a lot .. Then I ditched that for a reptile I am currently driving ,while building the remedy .the reptile is 3.63 pounds and I love it .. Have no issues with it's performance and it pulls lines the agent wouldn't think of pulling ... Maybe it's the geometry maybe it's weight ... Maybe it's developed skill ... But as the agent progressed I made it lighter so I guess I'm more accustomed to lighter rigs .... And I've driven this chassis at a fairly low weight and loved it.... Part of MY BUILD. ...... Was to build something ... And there's no fun in buying and installing a bunch of vp and gears and having the same axles as any other xr guy ... So light weight was the direction I chose ..... My weight is low and wide as well ... This really isn't a debate ... Lol

Old 04-03-2015, 05:19 AM   #133
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
It may blow apart my first comp who knows ...
Im first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post

Its def a different driving style in my opinion and takes some work to tune it and find the happy spot. My old RT liked the 4lb number for a while. Once I dropped below that it didn't work well for me but once I learned some more tuning things it helped go back down.
Then when I built my Sniper it was down at the 3.5lb mark and liked that. Both chassis' won their very first time out for me. The RT actually started just over 5lbs but got better as I learned and the weight came off.

But like you said, weight where you want it and that's one big key. Heavy or light, if your happy with it then keep wheeling
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #134
RCC Addict

That's one of the.reasons i like this hobby the most. You give 10 guys the same parts and their rigs will be similar but each unique it their own way to fit the driver.
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #135
Rock Crawler

I changed from a xr10 with a chaotic switch chassis and vanquish wheels to my reptile and carbonfiber wheels,
and like Purp I also found the reptile a awsome chassis to crawl with
I can do anything with that rig,,that beeing said I also changed from original rovers to narrowed voodoos when I started using the reptile,
and maby there is a connection between narrower and softer tires and a lighter rig.
I love the xr10/reptile and will never sell it even though I now drive berg/dlux and the sudu chassis and I think the xr will be standing on the shelf this season
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:39 AM   #136
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOKI-81 View Post
I changed from a xr10 with a chaotic switch chassis and vanquish wheels to my reptile and carbonfiber wheels,
and like Purp I also found the reptile a awsome chassis to crawl with
I can do anything with that rig,,that beeing said I also changed from original rovers to narrowed voodoos when I started using the reptile,
and maby there is a connection between narrower and softer tires and a lighter rig.
I love the xr10/reptile and will never sell it even though I now drive berg/dlux and the sudu chassis and I think the xr will be standing on the shelf this season

I will keep the reptile around for nostalgia ... It performs well and I have no real reason to sell it ... But the remedy is awesome and will be my go to rig

Old 04-03-2015, 11:51 AM   #137
Rock Crawler

I have still all my chassis from the very first chaotic switch,and a CCC pitbull,and the reptile and now the sudu..
All my other parts I can sell,,
I guess it is like with a real car you get connected with "her"... he he he
FLOKI-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 01:06 PM   #138
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOKI-81 View Post
I have still all my chassis from the very first chaotic switch,and a CCC pitbull,and the reptile and now the sudu..
All my other parts I can sell,,
I guess it is like with a real car you get connected with "her"... he he he
At one point I had 5 pros and 2 sportys and liked certain things about each one but it got expensive having all those rtr collecting dust so I gradually sold the chassis I didn't use as much and then the axles to fund other projects ... I still have a few around but hey I'm kind of like a collector ... As far as my real cars they are all men .... Lots of power and they break often ... I've never really owned a normal/factory car.....

Old 04-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #139
RCC Addict

Quote:
609 may be the number yes I'll check later

it“s 648
EGRESSor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:03 PM   #140
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGRESSor View Post
it“s 648

Thank you sir .... I completely forgot to look ;)

PURP builds a featherweight REMEDY - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A nightmare on purp street ... Bwd shafty Purptr8r Axial AX-10 Scorpion 104 03-27-2015 05:47 AM
Hittman's Featherweight Sporty Hittman Axial AX-10 Scorpion 104 05-19-2013 09:08 PM
Dr.Frank's featherweight champion Dr.Frank RC4WD Bully 96 08-10-2010 10:07 AM
MARHYAS CHEVY by kronik, purp in progress kronik Paint and Body 15 04-05-2010 02:06 PM