Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Project RoadRash

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Project RoadRash

At least they are doing something right! Haha

I should rip into my transmission before I start hauling a$$ with it. It just sounds dry haha
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Well, it's brand new - I think they MUST do something right legally

The weird thing is i decided to try a sidewinder in it - and it seems to be acting the same. So maybe the esc is fine? The issues I'm having with it are that it A) needs to be set at steering trim all the way right to have the tires track straight, and B) it doesn't always go into reverse when I hit the reverse throttle. Might take a try or two - and usually there is no "easing into it." Maybe that's the radio?
motopreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Could be radio issue. How is calibrating the ESC in this thing? Also I heard with the flysky if you program the esc on castle link you want to turn the throttle sensitivity down cause the radio isn't so good at return to center everytime resolution wise.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

You just do the typical power on with full throttle, wait for the LED dance and beeps, brake full. More dancing etc.

I'm using the stock right now - but I would assume the flysky might be a little flaky. Cheap radios come with their own set of issues . But I like that there is expo in the flysky - especially for this damn truck. Man it wants to take off!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

802Coma. Your inbox is full up. I'd be i to a run tomorrow though.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Well I think I have enough to make a update post. I got clear yeti body coming. I just picked up a set of the axial slw Beadlocks because one got ruined during the incident. Also picked up some CFM quick disconnects, and a deadbolt body. Haven't decide what I'm gonna do to either body quite yet. So I just threw some plastidip on the banged up body for the time being. I also installed some Cvds as well.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:44 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Looking good my man! I like the plastidip. Never seen it in yellow before.

How are you liking the sway bar disconnects?
Old 10-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopreserve View Post
Looking good my man! I like the plastidip. Never seen it in yellow before.

How are you liking the sway bar disconnects?

Yeah they have a ton of different colors now available in a spray can.

I'm not sure, just got them installed. Haven't took it out yet. Took the scx10 out last weekend
Old 10-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I got a few things for the yeti that came in today. Looking forward to slapping them on there and getting out for some driving. I have taken it out a few time stock already - and it's definitely super fun. I need to get back some trails like we were on up in St. A. This thing thrives when you can open it up a little bit.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I got a few things for the yeti that came in today. Looking forward to slapping them on there and getting out for some driving. I have taken it out a few time stock already - and it's definitely super fun. I need to get back some trails like we were on up in St. A. This thing thrives when you can open it up a little bit.

Yeah I took a little hike up there today, I blew a shaft right away. Exo CVDs do not work good in this thing. Time to get some universals for it.

Other than that I broke a hub carrier and knuckle, I was zipping by the garage and dumpster and well let's just say the dumpster won haha. Slapped some spares I had kicking around and at the shop the site work is under way for a house and talk about fun!

Old 11-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Old 11-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Very nice. Love the slow motion. I need to redo the front end - and I have a sensored brushless and MMP on the way. Couple different size pinions to experiment with and this thing should "crawl" a lot better than stock. Maybe not perfect, but it should open up the possible terrain a bit.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Very nice. Love the slow motion. I need to redo the front end - and I have a sensored brushless and MMP on the way. Couple different size pinions to experiment with and this thing should "crawl" a lot better than stock. Maybe not perfect, but it should open up the possible terrain a bit.

I really need a sensored unit. Spring time haha
Old 11-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Yeah I want to go with a sensored unit 2..what are you guys using? Awesome looking Yeti btw. Nice setup.
dasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasco View Post
Yeah I want to go with a sensored unit 2..what are you guys using? Awesome looking Yeti btw. Nice setup.

Thanks, don't have too much done to it yet. I have a deadbolt body I would like to fit on there but I have a clear one coming someday (back ordered). By the looks of it I'll be going with a mmp (mamba Mac Pro) and probably a 17.5 turn sensored brushless.

I mainly want to do the front end upgrades and some trailing arms for it this winter, might build the rear axle. Take my time getting the body and such together I might also throw on some TSL XLs for a little added ground clearance.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the info..about have my front end where I want it. The silly Puddy made a huge difference in its crawling abilities. I am going to try a. Smaller pinion as well prob like a 9 or 10 tooth until I go sensored
Old 11-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasco View Post
Thanks for the info..about have my front end where I want it. The silly Puddy made a huge difference in its crawling abilities. I am going to try a. Smaller pinion as well prob like a 9 or 10 tooth until I go sensored

You have a build thread? The crawling ability sucks stock...but then again I'm coming from a 35t scx10. I should do something to lock my front but idk how I want to do it yet
Old 11-10-2014, 06:07 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Silly puddy locks it up almost completely. I've done 2 yeti's with it both with good results.

Yeah my build thread is called dasco 2.0
Old 11-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

I bought one of the front lockers from HR. It's supposed to work, but we will see. If not the silly putty goes in. It really needs the front locked.

I snagged a used Tekin Pro4 3300kv. I think I have 12,14 & 15 pinion to test.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I bought one of the front lockers from HR. It's supposed to work, but we will see. If not the silly putty goes in. It really needs the front locked.

I snagged a used Tekin Pro4 3300kv. I think I have 12,14 & 15 pinion to test.

I'm still not 100% on motor sizes as in kv yet. Never dealt anything brushless. How much was your system used if you don't mind me asking?

Project RoadRash - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire project for pede project Mdlopez1 Non Crawler RC's 2 04-21-2013 06:30 PM