Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Axial AX90050 Yeti™ SCORE® Trophy Truck® 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD – RTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Axial AX90050 Yeti™ SCORE® Trophy Truck® 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD – RTR

The blue accents on the shocks gotta go. I think they make the shocks look cheap. That's just me though. Give me black caps/collars/spring cups at least.
RustyUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2015, 05:55 PM   #42

Default Re: Axial AX90050 Yeti™ SCORE® Trophy Truck® 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD – RTR

I'm not sure yet. I'm still on the fence on this one. And I am saying this as Axial Yeti fan #1.

The Yeti is known to be very front-end (nose) heavy. I don't know if Axial did anything to resolve this issue. I don't want a nose-heavy short course truck.
bonewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxman View Post
@fr8cture: true. I wonder if the cage is just a roll bar and rear or actually covers the cockpit an chassis. Also the SCT wheels are interesting. I will go just for the wide front bumper as I built my own Yeti based trophy truck as well and that's all mine is missing
And since I hand built my own one Now I can relate to all you guys that built crawlers way before Axial came out with a RTR version... somehow I feel honored/heard - but on the other side, it's time to move on now to something new
Here is an exploded view of the cage. It looks nothing like the current Yeti cage.

bonewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #44
Rock Stacker

you better keep it rubber side down . a truck this heavy is going to eat bodies with no real cage .
nickyszoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:28 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyszoe View Post
you better keep it rubber side down . a truck this heavy is going to eat bodies with no real cage .
Funny thing is if they followed all of our designs we have the full cage . In fact mine is still using the stock Yeti one . All I have to do is remove the body posts I made , reinstall the stock tires and shocks and I can go right back to the stock Yeti .
sb4pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:41 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

SCT bodies are "disposable" ... the amount of tire rubbing, crashes and everything else this bodies get, not will last long.
But it's know fact.
Nothing new about it.
DenisLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:29 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Was going to build a wraith but changed my mind to the yeti as it seemed a better platform for racing with the independent front suspension. Now there is this which I like the looks of a lot better. Please release this as a kit before the new year and I'll buy it.
FloridaCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:07 PM   #48
RCC Addict

To me still looks like a Yeti with a SCT body but longer in the rear and shocks and it looks like EXO front end...It will be no time before somebody combine this with the Yeti...Or why would you still looks like a Yeti
Looks nice and I'm i die hard Yeti fan...
Forgot to mention would have been nice to put the pumpkin in the middle,just to change things up.
Great job Axial....

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 10-09-2015 at 11:34 PM. Reason: info
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:03 AM   #49

I for one am THRILLED with this new truck. For anyone that thinks this is going to be as nose heavy as the standard Yeti, you need to remember that this trophy truck version has the spare tire, cage, and full lexan body... most of which hang over the rear axle. This is going to create a lot of leverage (that the standard Yeti has none of which is why it bounces around at speed) and should keep that rear end planted. If not, you could easily add some weight inside the spare tire to give it the proper amount... i know I plan to experiment with this for sure.

Not only is Axial's trophy truck badass, hopefully it's a sign of what's to come in this industry. Let's face it, the world has plenty of short course trucks already... it would be nice to have some trophy truck variety! I plan on preordering this trophy truck as I have wanted a production based truck like this for years with the solid rear axle.

I am also very happy Axial used the existing Yeti platform. Not only will parts be readily available, but those of us that have Yetis already will easily be able to turn them into trophy trucks. I would much rather have a Yeti trophy truck than a regular Yeti... I know they have separate uses but still.. the Trophy truck is badass. Cant Wait!
fleshgearf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 01:59 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

I got the XL over the standard Yeti. This truck, or kit form (retro body you say) shall see this platform become a member of my stable for sure. I really want to see what my racer friends can do with a scaled out trophy truck against run of the mill SCTs at the track!
Dextroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:24 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Seems there is a new 2.2 Walker Evans wheel AX31326 as well...
Dextroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:14 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Preordered mines.
joerc2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:32 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextroyer View Post
I got the XL over the standard Yeti. This truck, or kit form (retro body you say) shall see this platform become a member of my stable for sure. I really want to see what my racer friends can do with a scaled out trophy truck against run of the mill SCTs at the track!
The thing is, if you're driving it round a track along side the standard SCTs available and even if you come last, you're still the only person driving round a proper solid rear axle SCT/Trophy. Everyone else is driving a 1:8 buggy with a big lexan body. So you're still winning even in last place.
mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

I was thinking same old stuff, but after reading this, I see people have some real good points about the truck. Glad to see the excitement out of some people and the fire to defend axial for doing minimal in upgrades. But that being said I would like to see a little more creativity out of that elite company. I Really enjoy driving my yeti,and people will enjoy this to
trig n tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #55
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisLM View Post
SCT bodies are "disposable" ... the amount of tire rubbing, crashes and everything else this bodies get, not will last long.
But it's know fact.
Nothing new about it.
they should have done a full cage or no cage . that stuff they bolted in the back of the body is going to rip it apart after a few crashes . then people will be driving a sc truck around with no body and just a spare tire mounted on the back . the sc theme is gone then . i have a sc8 with full cage it does help . you say disposable . i say expensive . when they did the yeti cage they got it wrong to i think . they mount the cage to the chassis in the back and up front they mounted it to the lex on body then the chassis . they should have mounted it to the cage up front and then to the chassis like they did on the back .

Last edited by nickyszoe; 10-10-2015 at 09:38 AM.
nickyszoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyszoe View Post
they should have done a full cage or no cage . that stuff they bolted in the back of the body is going to rip it apart after a few crashes . then people will be driving a sc truck around with no body and just a spare tire mounted on the back . the sc theme is gone then . i have a sc8 with full cage it does help . you say disposable . i say expensive . when they did the yeti cage they got it wrong to i think . they mount the cage to the chassis in the back and up front they mounted it to the lex on body then the chassis . they should have mounted it to the cage up front and then to the chassis like they did on the back .
Exactly. A full cage saves the bodies. In the video the body was shaking all over the place, a simple plastic cage could of solved that and the issue of short-lived bodies.
JRapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

For those who wants more weight in the back, put some brass beef tubes in the rear axle. Or change it to a heavier axle.

Sent fra min HTC One via Tapatalk
AngelowDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:15 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Cage or not cage, body breaking or not I'm totally getting at least the "conversion kit" for my Yeti.
Maybe even get a full Kit when they release it.
Yeti it's so much fun in a truck.
DenisLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #59

Anyone know of the wheelbase is the same as the regular Yeti? Would be nice if it was shorten to fit existing short course bodies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mugenteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Maybe they did just half a cage with spare tire in the back because of the balance. I know, an entire cage wouldn't add that much weight to the front, but on the other hand every ounce counts. My crawlers don't have a roll cage and took some mighty rolls and drops without breaking. In fact, the SC8e body I used on my Yeti is so tough, I went through two pairs of lexan scissors to cut out the windows. That thing is not going to break.
And last but not least: This is meant to be a "scale" trophy truck meant to be racing out in the desert not in a circle like a short course truck - they drive on flat dirt with only a few bumps and jumps. Maybe you should get a Slash if you want to compete against others on a track...

I do like, that Axial is doing this. There will be plenty of fans and aftermarket parts in the future - just like there is now for the original Yeti.
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial AX90050 Yeti™ SCORE® Trophy Truck® 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD – RTR - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Yeti™ SCORE® Trophy Truck® 1/10 Scale Electric 4WD – RTR DenisLM Axial Yeti 2 10-09-2015 11:56 AM
Axial Racing - Yeti™ 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - Kit Jeff True Maine 0 12-01-2014 01:18 PM
In Stock! Axial Ram Power Wagon 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-25-2014 11:31 AM
Axial SCX10 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 1/10th SCALE ELECTRIC 4WD - RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 32 01-19-2013 08:19 AM