Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Axles, Trannys, T-case

Notices

Thread: GCM Mount for SCX Front motor/trans and T-Case

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: GCM Mount for SCX Front motor/trans and T-Case

Yes, fits perfectly. I just did the check a couple of days ago myself, and the JK drops on actually lower than you'd want it to be set, so there's tons of room. My SCX bumper mount was actually IN the grill openings of the JK when it was put down on top, so there's TONS of room. I lifted the JK body about 1/2 inch up front to get it to sit on the 1.9s nicely and get the bumper mount holes to stick out where the bumper is supposed to be. haha. I layed down the rear shocks on the SCX level with the frame and took of the rear towers, and it's a drop in after that.
Thanks
Generis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generis View Post
Yes, fits perfectly. I just did the check a couple of days ago myself, and the JK drops on actually lower than you'd want it to be set, so there's tons of room. My SCX bumper mount was actually IN the grill openings of the JK when it was put down on top, so there's TONS of room. I lifted the JK body about 1/2 inch up front to get it to sit on the 1.9s nicely and get the bumper mount holes to stick out where the bumper is supposed to be. haha. I layed down the rear shocks on the SCX level with the frame and took of the rear towers, and it's a drop in after that.
Thanks

Awesome, thanks for the quick responses
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Well, there's a couple of these done up over here now, and I'll take a couple of minutes here to highlight one of them now. Our Dingo Upgrade build (and video series found here) .

This one uses the AX2 front mount, and a bunch of other GCM stuff like the panhard kit and the axle trusses. We also made our own fenders etc, but here's the pics of the build. Please check the video link above to find out how we did all the assembly and all the tips and tricks that are in there.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #24

Interesting, and Canadian! What is the pinion size range with both stock axial trans and ax2 versions? Assuming stock 87t and 60t spurs.
Formiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Thanks! and All Canadian, true!

The pinion ranges don't change from the stock motor plates. We have used all manner of setups, tiny pinions, 12t up to 25 etc, and every combo of spurs in between, so there's room to move. I haven't checked the exact combination max and min, but there's options for everyone, I'm sure.

I had a little run with the Dingo above yesterday, using the 35t motor again, on the AX2, and the 15/60 gearing stock is absolutely perfect for this 2 speed. It's got a real nice slow crawl, with full power in 1st just right for scale. 2nd gear feels like a wraith sort of stock speed, it's got decent crawl, but a real quick top end. A great balance using 15/60 anyway.
I like to run the 1 speed stock Axial trans somewhere around 20/87 on a 35t motor for a good scale speed and crawl.
(Both above recommendations are using stock diff gears and 4.3 inch tire diameter.)
Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Thanks! and All Canadian, true!

The pinion ranges don't change from the stock motor plates. We have used all manner of setups, tiny pinions, 12t up to 25 etc, and every combo of spurs in between, so there's room to move. I haven't checked the exact combination max and min, but there's options for everyone, I'm sure.

I had a little run with the Dingo above yesterday, using the 35t motor again, on the AX2, and the 15/60 gearing stock is absolutely perfect for this 2 speed. It's got a real nice slow crawl, with full power in 1st just right for scale. 2nd gear feels like a wraith sort of stock speed, it's got decent crawl, but a real quick top end. A great balance using 15/60 anyway.
I like to run the 1 speed stock Axial trans somewhere around 20/87 on a 35t motor for a good scale speed and crawl.
(Both above recommendations are using stock diff gears and 4.3 inch tire diameter.)
Figured out the math to determine spur/pinion possible sizes, so I think this setup will work for me! ((spur/pitch)/2)+((pinion/pitch)/2) As long as desired spur/pinion combo is within known min/max spur/pinion size options, it will work!

Just ordered your combi kit with Trans mount, chassis mount for servo and transmission!
Question though (emailed it as well), why not offer the panhard set with this? Wouldn't there be bump steer (cross steer?) with the Axial stock sorta 3 link?

Do you have some solution or something other than the out of stock panhard set? Can you provide just the chassis mount for a panhard separately?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #27

Wow! Received an answer from GCM already! Sounds like they have a slick new CMS setup in the works. Awesome service and communication from this company, has been more than enough to convince me to change direction of my build!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Hey, thanks for the comments and gearing goodies! Nice work! Makes the 2 speed easier to figure out . We are designing a new servo mount now that doesn't work with stock Axial bumpers, but does have a panhard mount. This will become a option part on the combo kits, so you can choose stock bumper, or custom and panhard.
The top panhard frame side bracket is available separately, just ask!
Thanks
Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Recently had the pleasure to acquire a 4ten chassis and i'm simply blown away at the amazing quality of GCM stuff! The front motor mount is awesome and the fit and finish of the chassis is fantastic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #30

Quote:
We are designing a new servo mount now that doesn't work with stock Axial bumpers, but does have a panhard mount.

Wonder if this has something to do with my request At any rate cant wait to see what ya got going on Chris.
jakester79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Simply amazing .... Stumbled across this thread looking for a way to get my motor up front so I wouldn't have to hack at my interior. Just made my order. Can't wait to get working on it! Thanks guys!
steele42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

That's great! Thanks for the order. Same reasons we wanted these aswell! Looking forward to seeing your setup sometime!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That's great! Thanks for the order. Same reasons we wanted these aswell! Looking forward to seeing your setup sometime!
Here it is

EL GUAPO The Handsome FJ Cruiser

I Love it! Quality is AMAZING and fit and finish is spot on. Great job guys!
steele42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #34
RCC Addict

we back in stock?
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Will this Mount Work with Scx10 trans w/ the Wraith Cover on it?
goofylundeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Great question. You don't use the cover top or the cover base or the aluminum stock motor plate. Those are all replaced with the bracket for mounting. The 3 little round spacers that are now molded on the back of the wraith cover can be replaced with some of the other Axial stock plastic spacers, like the shock ones, or any sort of spacer. I've used shock balls. There's tons of spacer things in the axial plastics trees (and most of our spare parts buckets)
The spur cover won't go back on the thing. In our experience, even in sand etc, the spur being up high in the front like that keeps it super clean, so we haven't seen the need to re-use the cover. If you really wanted to put the outer cover on the thing, you can pop 2 holes in the mount bracket and bolt on the cover again.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
we back in stock?
Should be Tuesday. Waiting for Anodize to get done.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #38
RCC Addict

cool be waiting
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formiga View Post
...Sounds like they have a slick new CMS setup in the works...
Here's the new Dual Front Servo Mount that can be used on any SCX, including our combo kits (LINK HERE to the RCC Thread)
Old 06-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

trying to understand how it mounts and doesent swing front and back i see the 2 bolts on the shock mounts but what about the bottom???
Ohioskills is offline   Reply With Quote

GCM Mount for SCX Front motor/trans and T-Case - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GCM Axial trans Front Mount Generis Axles, Trannys, T-case 8 12-06-2012 09:20 AM
hardware to mount VP trans case??? hatefulboy Axial Wraith 7 04-29-2012 03:39 PM
GCM T-case with remote motor/axial trans? bonks 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 04-06-2011 04:23 PM
GCM VENOM trans front mount Generis Axles, Trannys, T-case 1 03-26-2010 12:50 PM