Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Axles, Trannys, T-case

Notices

Thread: GCM Mount for SCX Front motor/trans and T-Case

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: GCM Mount for SCX Front motor/trans and T-Case

I hear this question frequently.
The shafts aren't hardened steel after machining. We buy ground 5mm ROC65 shafts, and mill them to length and flats. These are HARD. We can't drill them, and you can't either.
I use the WB shafts all the time on these. Tons of builds. Never a loose driveshaft. The secret (which is now on the interweb forever haha) is using a set screw on the flat AND one on the back side on the round shaft side. That's all. Both don't have to be really tight, or anything. The single setscrew can never hold the thing properly, because of the torque, but the dual setscrews ( or even M3 socket head screws) do a fantastic job of holding the WB or MIP shafts on, and they just don't come loose.
I also always use blue locktite gel for all my hardware.
If you use dual setscrews on the WB shafts, there's no issue on maintenance or durability. Try it out!
Generis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

ok thank you, I see it already hardened before you put the flats on, could they possible drill holes before there hardened and sent to you. and thanks again
kgb424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Hey its me again, I got another question for you, I pulled the trigger on a Trial Finder 2, and would like your opinion on a good motor for it, going to leave it leaf spring suspension, with 1.9'' Flat Irons, and run 2s for now, It mainly going to be my trail runner/basher, but might make a crawler out of later on. got a scx10, and two wraiths, for crawling. So if you could give me your opinion, it would be great, and thank you again.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

I'd be asking in the TF2 forum, but from the ones I've seen, the 35t seems to work well for both speeds. It seems to be a decent middle ground motor for most stock gearing.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Thank you for your input, My forward motor mount kit and hard pan made it to the US, just waiting for it to be delivered. I asked you,cause from reading the forms your very R/C knowledgeable and know your ****, thanks again,
Old 10-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

is there a problem with your orders coming into the US cause, my order is still sitting at customs, your order info says 4 to 8 day for delivery to the Us, it was supposed to delivered on the tenth, but it sitting in customs, so do they need open it and inspect the contents, what is the deal, I'm starting to get pissed off. ordered and paid for on the fifth, sent out the same day or the next day so it almost ten days and nothing they don't updated shit on the tracking. do they play games when mail comes into Canada like the US does, well it sucks either way

Last edited by kgb424; 10-14-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Haha, well the USA shipping scans are a few days late generally. The tracking isn't on time at all for regular shipping. I'd have a look at it, but Canada is closed today for thanksgiving. If you can pm me some order info I'll check on it.
Thanks!
Old 10-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

ok I ordered on the 5th of oct, a forward motor kit and hard pan kit for SCX10 and one piece motor mount for a EXO, the Id number is # 55374148FA50423. the tracking number is #CX510554060CA, My name is Dennis Paul Pearsall, 1307 Cathy Lane Minden NV 89423, not sure if any of this is usefully. thank you for helping me out. didn't know it was thanksgiving in Canada, I thought you guys only ate, slept, and breathed hockey 24/7, I love hockey I'm a huge die hard fan my self, so there nothing wrong with some turkey on hockey day.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Haha well, that's great you've poured out your heart and soul here to us all! Happy hockey! I'll send you a note. Thanks.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #70
I wanna be Dave

sorry about that, I found out it was sent to the post office in Lovelock Nevada 89419, 2hrs away, from me and its not being mailed out or updated on the tracking. I called the post office there and they closed as usual, you can't talk to any one, any way, damn, automatic phone line, nothing but menus, complete waste of my time. my zip is 89423, they must not be to smart to read the correct zip code, total idiots and a waste of my time and effort, I hope in Canada the postal service is a hell of lot smarter then over here, cause like every part of are government, they got their heads up their asses and act its nothing and you are just supposed to accept it, I say screw that noise and up theirs. I pay my taxes, is it too much to ask for XXXXXXX mail to come when it supposed too or is it me. I"M not taking their shit and screw the XXXXXXX government. Can I defect too Canada will you sponsor me, I'm serious, cause I want out here, before the Us turns to even more of piece of shit that it is, like I said, I vote, pay my taxes, and they don't give a shit about me one way or the other, I think it time to go and xxxx the us before it gets really really bad.

Last edited by kgb424; 10-14-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Ok I got my package today, it went to the wrong zip code, but its all good now. One question for you, do you put the hard pan bar mount on the axle opposite of the third link, in my picture you see the third link is on the right, so you would put the axle mount on the left side of axle. Correct ???? or would it be better to flip the third link on the left side of truck and put the axle mount on the right side of axle.

Last edited by kgb424; 05-01-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

I've used it on either side for the panhard when using the GCM truss. Generally I try to get the axle PH mount same side as the axle top link.
Also make sure your servo pushrod is going the same way as the panhard rod.
Glad you got your goods!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

thank one more question do I need a different pinion, cause mine doesn't reach the spur gear right, I used the three long screws from the tranny motor mount, and took off the spacer that covers the pin for the slipper clutch, then put the three spacers that came in the kit, and now the pinion is does go all the across the teeth. did I put it together wrong. do they make longer pinion gear in 14 teeth 48 pitch, do you sell pinion like what I need.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

ok got more questions, I got the motor mount in and the hard pan, why is it the right side will compress inches, but the left side will only compress like a 1/2, if that and then the hard pan bar hits the top of the front axle, so how do bend the bar, so it clears the axle, so it compresses equality, and can please tell what threads, and the length of the grubb/set screws in the pinion gears in the transfer case. Cause I dropped one and can't find it and can't finish out the transfer case. and the hard pan mount that attaches to frame, you drill the second hole with the mount level like in the picture, if not you get close the edge of the frame, cause the directions on your site and the u-tube video, leave out a lot of steps and info. not bitching just saying it took me a little while to figure it out. And does Traxxas make a bent link, like the #3941, cause I don't have a torch, not sure how to bend it so it clears the front axle. I moved the third link to the left side like in your pic's,

Old 10-16-2013, 03:10 AM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Is the right side of truck supposed to move up and down when turning the steering servo with the radio, I don't know if I got the steering linkage set up right can tell from my pics, I figured out the bar mount, still need to bend it.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:48 AM   #76
Rock Crawler

1. Loosen the pinion gear, slide it out slightly to match the spur, then re tighten the motor pinion.
2. Bend the panhard bar by hand, or with a couple pairs of pliers. No heat needed.
3. Mount your panhard frame bracket, like our SCX pictures. Level isn't important, there's a ball end on the panhard rod. Try to get the panhard rod inline with the axle shaft, perpendicular to the frame.
4. Your steering servo should be on top of the mount bracket, not below. If possible use a shorter servo arm and put the steering rod behind the servo instead of out front.
5. The setscrew in the Tcase is M4 x 4 long.

The setup for every build will be different slightly. You're well on your way. I'd suggest you start a new thread for your own build and post a link here, we can answer your build questions there instead of a vendor thread.
Thanks, keep building!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #77
jpf
Quarry Creeper

I got a question! does this work whith the Axial Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon? can I still use my front bumper?

... JP using Tapatalk
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Yes, you can use this with axial jk bumpers. The hole spacing from honcho to jk bumpers is different, as you know, but the plastics have no problem bending around enough to use either bumpers with this kit.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #79
jpf
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generis View Post
Yes, you can use this with axial jk bumpers. The hole spacing from honcho to jk bumpers is different, as you know, but the plastics have no problem bending around enough to use either bumpers with this kit.
Thanks
Thank you for that "nice" answer Order maybe coming soon!

... JP using Tapatalk
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

So I got this setup today and tried putting the transmission in and the bottom two screws that go through the shock hoop mounts don't line up? The screws on the plate are lower than the screws on the chassis. Could this have something to do with the fact I have vp shock hoops?
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote

GCM Mount for SCX Front motor/trans and T-Case - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GCM Axial trans Front Mount Generis Axles, Trannys, T-case 8 12-06-2012 09:20 AM
hardware to mount VP trans case??? hatefulboy Axial Wraith 7 04-29-2012 03:39 PM
GCM T-case with remote motor/axial trans? bonks 2.2 Scale Rigs 2 04-06-2011 04:23 PM
GCM VENOM trans front mount Generis Axles, Trannys, T-case 1 03-26-2010 12:50 PM