Old 04-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #142

Default Re: Any Fresno Guys out there?

had a great time!!! pics are up on the facey-spacey thingy see link:

Squaw Valley RC Park | Facebook

josh
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #143

hahahhahaha 2 minutes too soon dang, umm dang........
Old 04-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #144

OK, new servo should be here by the end of this coming week, new shocks and springs will be at CA on Wednesday....new tires in 2 weeks. Man, all I need now is some weather to hold. I would have loved to be there today guys, from the looks of the pics it was a great day to crawl. Unfortunately this weekend was a perfect storm of circumstances and I just couldn't get away. I really love the fast that each week goes by and we have new guys involved, that's the best deal in all this. The weather is calling for rain Wednesday and Saturday, maybe as it gets closer that will change, but is anyone already looking forward to the next crawl?
Pete McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #145
Pebble Pounder

Looking forward to?Yep. But I am out the next two weeks. Going Clamping next weekend, then a manditory Service meeting in Chicago the following weekend. But I hope you guys can all get together.
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #146
Rock Stacker

Had a great time, beautiful area, great crawl'n and good folks!

It had been a while since I got out away from my backyard rock pile, I got a lot of great testing done on my scalers there.

Thanks for the invite!

Hoss - Jeff
HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #147
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug View Post
Ok guys here is the link to the face book page i have no clue why it doesnt pop up when you search the name but here is the link please spread the word !!!!

Squaw Valley RC Park | Facebook
I told a few guys at work and they are very excited to come and check out your park. They don't have crawlers but I'm sure they'll like your track.

Anyways, thanks a bunch for providing a local place for all of us.
zodiaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiaci View Post
I told a few guys at work and they are very excited to come and check out your park. They don't have crawlers but I'm sure they'll like your track.

Anyways, thanks a bunch for providing a local place for all of us.
no problem its a blast having you guys up here i hope you and your friends and all others can make ip up again very soon !
Old 04-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #149
RCC Addict

Im gunna have to head north to crawl with you guys. It is slow down here.

calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #150
Pebble Pounder

Hey Hoss, good to see you post. Now we can PM you if when we get our future GTG's together if we haven't heard from you. Really enjoyed watching your Toyota Saturday.

And for all of the others that made it (Jared, Zack, Steve, Mitch) it was cool to meet and crawl with you guys as well. Looking forward to the next time some of us can get together!!

calikingcrawler: Come on up? Where you from? Where do you and your buddies usually play? Pics are always nice (hint hint)
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #151

caliking all are welcome the track is a little smaller but still a blast or good to just change things up from crawling....or just to test ANY type of RC on a track type surface....
HOSS- hey jeff hope you were able to see the pix from the LINK...????

jeff-zack-jarod = GREAT!!!.... now i am bit by the SCALER bug..

so now here i sit clickin' away at SCALER stuff...lol
i'm thinkin....if i weld up a steel channel frame....and use the hpi crawler king axles ,motor,esc,and tranny (get a gear reduction spur gear-$5..do i get the 48 pitch 93 tooth or 96 tooth????).......then ASAP change ESC and motor......just to get her up and runnin'!!!!!

any 1.9 rims and tires for sale out there?????lemme know josh
Old 04-09-2012, 11:18 PM   #152

Looks like good weather for the weekend afterall, where we crawling, Squaw valley? I'm up for it!!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #153
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwall85 View Post
calikingcrawler: Come on up? Where you from? Where do you and your buddies usually play? Pics are always nice (hint hint)
I'm just south of you guys in Bakersfield. We have a few spots here, I'll post a few pics and videos. Just not many people still crawling here. Been to a few westcoastrccrawler southern cal comps. And there are few guys in tehachapi.

Going camping at Balch Park in a few weeks and takin the RCs. I'll get a few pics there too.

Do you guys go up by bald mountain around shaver / dinkey creek?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #154
RCC Addict

Here is a spot right down the street from my office.

It is kinda the test spot.

Honcho at 24th street

Kern canyon; Drive it like you stole it

Kern canyon; Pyramid rock

Bright lake; Tehachapi

River walk bridge
Old 04-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #155

CaliKing, I used to live in Porterville and was a regular to the Balch Park area. There is a place called Milk Creek Point, you'll need a USGS map to find it but it's on the road up to Balch that would be an excellent place to crawl. It's one of the last 180 degree curves before you head into the forest and not too far down from the Ranger station, a short walk looks out over the whole mile deep Tule River Valley and Camp Wishon. We did a lot of 1:1 crawling right there back in the mid to late 1990's. Another good place would be over in Blue Ridge, where all of the TV and radio antenna's are on the mountain east of Exeter, there are a lot of rocks there to crawl on but that's a pretty hairy drive for some people.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #156
Rock Stacker

Sydwall85 – Thanks, I was very pleased with the performance of the Wraith Axled Toyot it will be there again.

Junebug – F-Book wanted me to log in to see the pics. Sorry if I showed-up contagious with the scaler bug!

Calikingcrawler – If you make ot up this way, be sure to tell Ron from Tehachapi, he knows me - Jeff from Sierra Model Yacht Club.

FYI, Drunkdriver and I may be trading some spare parts next time we meet, if anyone’s interested we could have an “informal” swap meet?
That may help some of you that recently seeking treatment for the scaler addiction.

Junebug - I'll see what other scaler parts I may have up for sale / trade, Axial trans maybe, maybe some 1.9 tires, but not sure yet.

Last edited by HOSS; 04-10-2012 at 01:28 PM.
HOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #157
Rock Stacker

Wow alot has some happened in my absence...I too have been bitten by the scale bug and now just received my honcho and am trying to get my wraith back up and running again...I want to do a scale run...anyone e up for it? Joshs place is perfecf but were just need to figure out a route and maybe get some videos up for it! what do you guys think about it?
orientalgunz_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #158

Dang that sounds good, my DSLR shoots in HD, I'm sure Larry's camera does too. I suck at editing but I have a spare memory card I can record on if someone wants to do some pro editing. I just got my new threaded shocks today and got them on the crawler so I'm up for whatever. I have been thinking about a scaler too, off and on for my second vehicle I get in June. There's some good 4 link and leaf spring trucks here:

RC Rock Crawling - The Ultimate Crawler Store Scale Truck & Crawler Kit

I'm not wanting to spend that sort of $$$ on a scaler so I'm thinking Honco myself and maybe a body swap. But that site does sell winches and other stuff I am interested in.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #159
Rock Stacker

Im up for a scaler run! That would be awesome

I also have a some miscellaneous take offs and parts for a scx10 I never used. I will bring them to the next gtg for a little swap meet.

The honcho is a great platform to build off of, very capable out of the box, but with so many upgrades good luck keeping money in your wallet. The scale bug strikes again!

Take care fellas,

Jared
cencal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #160

SWEET! i loooooove SWAP MEETS...lol............bring all yer extra JUNK ,we can always make a trail/route that would better suit the scales,or incorp. some of the existing ..........sooooooo sat. or sunday??? whats best for all????? also give me some ideas and me and skyler can get started on some trails....

oh yeah...the BULLY axles are here......woot woot