View Poll Results: MOA Only Class?
Yes, I want a MOA only class 35 14.83%
No, I do not want a MOA only class 201 85.17%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: No Shafties in 2010????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

well this wouldn't be the first time in the history of this country that people got fed up with the status quo and did their own thing,,,,it's been my experience that people create rules to keep others from having more then someone else...the human spirit and it's ability to overcome prejudice and stupidity is only limited by the minds inability to accept challenge or strife.

for most people,,if they have to struggle they want rules to slow everyone else down so they dont have to work so hard to keep up,,,some of us were born for the fight,,some of us were born to wipe the blood off our shoes
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #82
Suck it up!

What if I install a mast and sail in place of electric power to move the crawler?

Will I still need it affixed to the axles or will it be ok on the chassis?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:53 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
What if I install a mast and sail in place of electric power to move the crawler?

Will I still need it affixed to the axles or will it be ok on the chassis?

no you would need a couple of those rainbow pinwheels cuz the 4 wheel drive rule still exists
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #84
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy51 View Post
i remember you getting shafted a time or two...
Ah memories, Montana '09
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:19 AM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Man ain't that the truth. According to the ones who set the rules it is for the best interest of the sport....
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
I think it came from the same minds as the limited wheel base super rule.
The C.D.H.B. are at it again:?

Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #86
RCC Addict

it's not april already is it?
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #87
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Not april yet, but I heard that there will be a no reverse rule too. Reverse, your out!
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #88
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
What's next, are we going to seperate bodied rigs & bodiless?
I thought I heard that was being considered, but was on the back burner as the main objective was the MOA/Shafty thing.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
I thought I heard that was being considered, but was on the back burner as the main objective was the MOA/Shafty thing.
Yes, classes within classes are where it's at! This way, "no child gets left behind". If we have a class that every individual at a comp can compete in by themselves, everybody WINS!
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsurf View Post
Yes, classes within classes are where it's at! This way, "no child gets left behind". If we have a class that every individual at a comp can compete in by themselves, everybody WINS!
Hey I like this idea, maybe I might win a few more comps. (I did say maybe)
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #91
RCC Addict

This is just another reason my comp rig is collecting dust.

Im going to start looking for my next scale tuber build. TTL
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #92
Uli
Quarry Creeper

Well, one could come up with a class for everybody. Lets see:
-Moa & Shafty -->2
-1.9, 2.2, super -->3
-Bodied, Bodieless -->2
-sportsman &premier -->2
-regular ESC & Forward only ESC -->2
2x3x2x2x2=48 Classes.
Time to sign up for bureaucracy 101 at your local Community College!
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsurf View Post
"no child gets left behind". If we have a class that every individual at a comp can compete in by themselves, everybody WINS!
Funny someone should mention "child", as in the way some people are behaving about shafties and moa's running together, getting scored the same, etc...

The basic premise of this whole conversation has been run into the ground on numerous occasions and the "wambulance" is really getting worn out picking up all the crybabies. The most reasonable thing that can be done imo has already been done, the sportsman class....simple as that. But I'll be damned if people aren't wanting to epitomize Einstein's definition of insanity. Crazy kids.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:09 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Really Really gay.

why wold they do this? really i see no reason?

so axials and Losi's cant run agaings bergs and bullies?

why? whats any good reason to do this?
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #95
Pebble Pounder

personally I think keeping it split between "advanced/pro" & "amateur" is a good idea, but screw splitting the rest up....the comp I'm working on organizing will have an open class amateur course, doesn't matter what you're running, if you don't think you're good enough to run with the people that've been doing it for a longer time and have more money in their rigs, you go run that one....

as far as the MOA only class, I can see that working if it's in the non-pro level, meaning the beginners have the luxury of running separate but when you step up to play with the big boys, you're gunning against everyone.

personally I'm very anti-MOA due to the fact that I consider crawling a smaller version of full scale crawling, and you couldn't MOA a full scale rig (well, you could, I suppose, just not very easily) I think it's a drastically unfair advantage potentially, to have 100% of the weight, other than a chassis to connect the two axles, directly on the axles. BUT, my personal preferences and feelings don't carry over into comps, and nobody's should, if you're separating classes based on capability, it should always be done at the sub-pro level, pro should always be "bring what you built and good luck"
dhyde79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Its clear from this thread that 50% of the people....

A) Lack reading comprehension skills

B) Don't read past the 1st post

C) Are looking for an excuse to bitch or whine

D) Will believe anything someone posts

E) All of the Above
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post

E) All of the Above

EEEEEEEEEEEEE

redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #98
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhyde79 View Post
personally I think keeping it split between "advanced/pro" & "amateur" is a good idea, but screw splitting the rest up....the comp I'm working on organizing will have an open class amateur course, doesn't matter what you're running, if you don't think you're good enough to run with the people that've been doing it for a longer time and have more money in their rigs, you go run that one....

as far as the MOA only class, I can see that working if it's in the non-pro level, meaning the beginners have the luxury of running separate but when you step up to play with the big boys, you're gunning against everyone.

personally I'm very anti-MOA due to the fact that I consider crawling a smaller version of full scale crawling, and you couldn't MOA a full scale rig (well, you could, I suppose, just not very easily) I think it's a drastically unfair advantage potentially, to have 100% of the weight, other than a chassis to connect the two axles, directly on the axles. BUT, my personal preferences and feelings don't carry over into comps, and nobody's should, if you're separating classes based on capability, it should always be done at the sub-pro level, pro should always be "bring what you built and good luck"
Is it really that unfair when you can get NIP MOA axles for $150? It's unfair when only a few people can get them, when anyone can get them then it's no different that a guy drag racing with NOS and a guy with a Turbo! Either guy could have what the other guy has but chose what he wanted. Either guy could win.

Guys put more $ into a shaft comp rig than MOA guys! By the time a shaft guy builds his axles he could have bought MOA's with motors!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #99
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcabner View Post
Funny someone should mention "child", as in the way some people are behaving about shafties and moa's running together, getting scored the same, etc...
I'm not sure on that one, you've got to admit that there are definite advantages to MOA over shaft driven, if not, why're so many people trying to go MOA?

Is it because they want to buy more electronics than they had to run before?
Nope.
Is it because they want to look cool?
Maybe.
Is it more likely because an MOA rig can clear more vertical obstacles because all of the weight's on the axles instead of on the transmission, as well as no torque twist, the ability to dig front or rear axle without adding much extra hardware and weight, as well as a host of other advantages?
Probably.

That being said, as long as you build a course so that parts of it cater to either, or don't build it so that it caters to either one (I'm fond of the logic of handing a bone stock AX-10 RTR to someone that hasnt' been crawling very long and have them attack the course, if they can complete it, regardless of number of "points" and time, then it's good to go, because the course can be completed by anyone, it's just a matter of how quickly and efficiently they can do it.)

The people that're crying because the MOA's are being scored the same way the shafties are, are probably in an area where the courses are being built to challenge the MOA crawlers, and if you can make it through it with a shaftie cool, otherwise, you're a DNF. I know for a fact that goes on, as I've seen it first hand, I've got a friend that's building an indoor course right now, and unless you've got a killer MOA rig, you're not crawling most of it...hopefully he took some advise to heart and tweaked it so it's not quite so vicious but, if not, I'll still go play on it, not because I've got a killer MOA rig, but, because if I keep going and failing, but keep getting closer to success, then I'll have improved my own skill and figured out how to make my crawler do something that it couldn't do before.
dhyde79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #100
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post

E) All of the Above

I choose D. Is this test timed?
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote