Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Carry Gun Caliber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
Well i just live in the poor part of Santa rosa where i am the only white family in my neighborhood and the rest are Mexican.My neighbors are in a gang and sell drugs all day and everyday there is fences getting tagged,and at school people are getting caught with knives.

That report must be on the fountain grove area where all the white people live.
Just because people have knives doesn't mean its a ghetto. The people that live behind my house sell weed and run in a gang but I don't consider my neighborhood to be ghetto.
Tortuga275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga275 View Post
Just because people have knives doesn't mean its a ghetto. The people that live behind my house sell weed and run in a gang but I don't consider my neighborhood to be ghetto.
True.
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:31 PM   #43
Who's your Daddy-0!

So Shelby, you think your local dope man isn't armed?
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
So Shelby, you think your local dope man isn't armed?
I'm sure he is,but im cool with him so he wouldn't want to shoot me.

Plus,he knows we have more, and higher caliber guns than he has.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #45
dkf
Rock Crawler

Today at work I was drooling over my my coworkers G26 after lunch. It had the laser grip to boot which is pretty sweet. I'm leaning towards the G33, the ballistics of the .357 are just too good to ignore.

Anyone ever come across a .22 mag auto pistol, all I've ever seen is revolvers?

I've carried a knife since I was kid. (not to school though) I always viewed a knife as a tool more than a weapon, criminals seem to have it the other way around.

Last edited by dkf; 06-24-2010 at 05:19 PM.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I live in the Ghetto part of santa rosa and no one ever pulls guns or knives and if they do it would be you people carrying a gun around with them.

I'm just saying,i like guns but i don't think its neccasary to carry a gun on you.
Ever been through a workplace shooting? I have seen the aftermath of an unstable individual from work. As far as I know he is still locked up after 20 years in the state hospital. I'd rather be safe than dead.

I carry a Smith and Wesson Sigma .380 or a Taurus PT 908 in cold weather.
4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #47
RCC Addict

I think im being a hypercrite,because i have a feeling im going to end up carrying a gun around with me when im older to.(for saftey not thugging)
Old 06-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'm sure he is,but im cool with him so he wouldn't want to shoot me.

Plus,he knows we have more, and higher caliber guns than he has.
and what good are those guns going to do you sitting at home when ur laying dead on the ground, because he carries his with him 24/7?
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:35 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Jester View Post
and what good are those guns going to do you sitting at home when ur laying dead on the ground, because he carries his with him 24/7?
Well i couldn't carry it with me right now because im 15.

But my dad could if he wanted to
Old 06-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well i couldn't carry it with me right now because im 15.

But my dad could if he wanted to
there are way more situations then just the thug in the rough part of town
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

It will also depend on what size you are, and what type of clothes you wear. I am on the large side, actually the xxx large side. I can get away with a P97 s.o.b all day in all types of weather. I buy my clothes with carry in mind too. If you are one of these hipsters, forget it. You had better find something you can hide in your hair. The P97 gets it done for me, plus it is cheap. I don,t want the cops keeping my commander indefinitely if I actually have to use it. Keep that in mind too, it will get scratched, dinged, dirty, and if you use it, there is a chance you will not be taking it home for a while. I carry .45's cause I can. If you are just a little fella, find a caliber that handles well in a small package. Just cause you can shoot it in a full sized version does not mean you can handle a compact under duress. Don't forget to practice, practice, practice. If you cant program yourself to use it properly and safely in normal situations, all bets are off when the real deal goes down.

It's more mental than physical, no matter how you choose to protect yourself. Recognizing a bad situation will keep you out of trouble before you even know you are in it, and have time to decide and pull.
fatbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #52
06 Super National Champ

Here's one that happened April 30th...in MY GARAGE. This was the weekend prior to all the damn flooding that happened here and in Nashville. I knew we were in for a round of storms over the weekend so I opened the garage door and decided to throw some darts and enjoy the cool air before they hit.

I was in my garage (in a nice neighborhood) Friday night throwing darts. Had the garage door open and the XD .45 on the winch plate of the TJ hidden from view.

Out of nowhere the woman that lives next door walks up and says "I'm scared and he's got a gun."

Then HE showed up, pissed that she was talking to me. Of course HE had been drinking. Gets in MY face, telling me it's none of my business, etc. I stayed cool, told him I was in my garage trying to play darts and that I don't know WTF is going on.

It went on for a while, he threatened me (never showed a gun), I kept watching his hands, and finally I just stuck my hand out to shake his. He'd just had surgery on his right hand a few weeks back and I know he's right-handed. I stuck my right hand out to shake his and held on to it for the next few minutes while I calmed him down. Figured if he acted up I could inflict pain/control him PDQ.

Some people think I'm crazy for carrying all the time, but you NEVER know where/when stupid shit is going to happen.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 06-24-2010 at 07:57 PM.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Some people think I'm crazy for carrying all the time, but you NEVER know where/when stupid shit is going to happen.
Truer words have never been spoken.

G20 10mm for me to conceal.....S&W 629 .44 mag on the rare occasion that I open carry. (mostly during hunting season)
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post

G20 10mm for me to conceal.....S&W 629 .44 mag on the rare occasion that I open carry. (mostly during hunting season)
Damn you carry around a 44mag.I thought my dads S&W 357 mag was big until i shot a 44.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Good choices, Jeremy
I rarely carry concealed, but like cuzican posted, I too have a Glock 20 and a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag that I open carry when my wife and I ride our ATV's in the mountains around where we live. They just trapped 2 Grizzly's about a 1/4 mile form our house
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #56
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:

10mm is a AWESOME round! To bad so many people looked over that round. The ballistics are sick with that round! If there was a compact version of it I would have one!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #57
RCC Addict

I am in the process of getting a CC and found some of the info in this tread useful, thanks guys
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 PM   #58
R.I.P. Chip

Gerame if you have any specifics feel free to pm me or call me.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Gerame if you have any specifics feel free to pm me or call me.

Thanks man, I will take you up on that soon. Been looking at gun laws for the move to Missouri and it looks like I need to get my CC in Nebraska before moving or there is a 6 month waiting period.
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #60
R.I.P. Chip

you may dig into that more, once you move out of Nebraska your Nebraska permit might not be valid. I did a quick search but couldn't find out if Nebraska issues non resident permits.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote