Notices

Thread: Carry Gun Caliber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #101
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Jester View Post
within a 21 foot radius a knife has the advantage over a firearm
Depending how how skilled the aggressor is with his attack and how skilled the defender is with handling themselves.

Yeah, you can be rushed by a person with a knife, but you have two arms and two legs for a reason.

I would hope that anyone that carries for self-defense doesn't rely solely on the weapon as their means of defense.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

UMM, How about you look up Saginaw on that list of dangorus cities.... and you know what i carry?.... My fist and big balls...

I work in saginaw, and live 5 mins out side saginaw.

here is a story: 6 years runnnig. so if i need to carry a hand gun its because of the people who "THINK" they need to protect them selfs...

Saginaw, Michigan

According to Federal Bureau of Investigation statistics Saginaw has ranked as the number one most violent city in America from 2003 through September of 2008 when the most recent statistics were released. The ranking is based on violent crimes per person for cities with populations greater than 40,000. Included in the definition of violent crimes are murder, non-negligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery and aggravated assault.

so put away your damn BB guns befor somebody beats your ass because you have a gun lol
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #103
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
so put away your damn BB guns befor somebody beats your ass because you have a gun
Go to Kennesaw, Georgia, try that, and report back your findings.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1818862/posts

Quote:
Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia
Crime Rate Plummets

by Chuck Baldwin

The New American magazine reminds us that March 25th marked the 16th anniversary of Kennesaw, Georgia's ordinance requiring heads of households (with certain exceptions) to keep at least one firearm in their homes.

The city's population grew from around 5,000 in 1980 to 13,000 by 1996 (latest available estimate). Yet there have been only three murders: two with knives (1984 and 1987) and one with a firearm (1997). After the law went into effect in 1982, crime against persons plummeted 74 percent compared to 1981, and fell another 45 percent in 1983 compared to 1982.

And it has stayed impressively low. In addition to nearly non-existent homicide (murders have averaged a mere 0.19 per year), the annual number of armed robberies, residential burglaries, commercial burglaries, and rapes have averaged, respectively, 1.69, 31.63, 19.75, and 2.00 through 1998.

With all the attention that has been heaped upon the lawful possession of firearms lately, you would think that a city that requires gun ownership would be the center of a media feeding frenzy. It isn't. The fact is I can't remember a major media outlet even mentioning Kennesaw. Can you?

The reason is obvious. Kennesaw proves that the presence of firearms actually improves safety and security. This is not the message that the media want us to hear. They want us to believe that guns are evil and are the cause of violence.

The facts tell a different story. What is even more interesting about Kennesaw is that the city's crime rate decreased with the simple knowledge that the entire community was armed. The bad guys didn't force the residents to prove it. Just knowing that residents were armed prompted them to move on to easier targets. Most criminals don't have a death wish.

There have been two occasions in my own family when the presence of a handgun averted potential disaster. In both instances the gun was never aimed at a person and no shot was fired.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #104
RCC Addict

this is what i have in my truck. it is a cobray deringer that is double barrel breakover that shoots 3" .410 shotgun shells and .45 colt longrifle. plenty of stopping power at an upclose situation.

here is a video i found of it shooting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXJdIVG66I
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #105
Rock Stacker

.357 sig is a great caliber
RockBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanantrdsc View Post
Ah, we have Bruce Lee here, well, at least Jackie Chan.

Shock can = fight or flight, hope for the second, expect the first
more like a john claude van dam... aka washed up wannabe rofl... i prefer to avoid confrontation if possible lol. hints i live in a place i can worry less about crime and more about old snowbirds bad driving lol...
talon0713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #107
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon0713 View Post
... aparently you have never been downtown la at night heck you shoulda stopped by Compton... wait you prob. wouldnt have made it out. heck i still go to visit my grand parents in san bernardino and that place still creeps me out.
I did. Made it out fine. As posted in #86.
Lived in L.A., San Berdo. Oceanside. Stockon and Chino. All nice places to visit!!! Worked all over the state in between.
I just got lucky and never ran into any problems.
What sucked is back then i couldn't carry. Laws are so strict out there its crazy hard to get a permit. And if someone acidenttaly see your gun, people dam near freak out.
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #108
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanantrdsc View Post
Now thats a big knife. What are we talking a 5' Scottish Claymore?
more like an aggressor can get to the average person faster then they can pull out there gun and get a well placed shot off
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #109
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenbelly View Post
I did. Made it out fine. As posted in #86.
Lived in L.A., San Berdo. Oceanside. Stockon and Chino. All nice places to visit!!! Worked all over the state in between.
I just got lucky and never ran into any problems.
What sucked is back then i couldn't carry. Laws are so strict out there its crazy hard to get a permit. And if someone acidenttaly see your gun, people dam near freak out.
stockton, nice place to visit, what part did you go to? that place is a dump now and running down hill more and more everyday
Old 06-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #110
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Depending how how skilled the aggressor is with his attack and how skilled the defender is with handling themselves.

Yeah, you can be rushed by a person with a knife, but you have two arms and two legs for a reason.

I would hope that anyone that carries for self-defense doesn't rely solely on the weapon as their means of defense.
its will always come down to being more skilled then the aggressor with and form of defense and a lethal form such as a gun or knife is always a last resort for me, I never go around looking for trouble or try to start anything!
Old 06-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
stockton, nice place to visit, what part did you go to? that place is a dump now and running down hill more and more everyday
yea im guessing last time he was in cali was 20 yrs aggo lmao... you go to san bernardino and its half boarded up with drug slangers on every corner lmao.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #112
Just jump it!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by talon0713 View Post
yea im guessing last time he was in cali was 20 yrs aggo lmao... you go to san bernardino and its half boarded up with drug slangers on every corner lmao.
As posted earlier it was 12+ years ago.
I was actually being sarcastic on the nice places to visit. Just wasn't sure which smiley to use for it.

I did come back about 6 years ago for a visit but i stayed in the southern part of Cali, from San berndino down to San diego. Still seemed ok to me.
But alot can change in that time also.
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenbelly View Post
As posted earlier it was 12+ years ago.
I was actually being sarcastic on the nice places to visit. Just wasn't sure which smiley to use for it.

I did come back about 6 years ago for a visit but i stayed in the southern part of Cali, from San berndino down to San diego. Still seemed ok to me.
But alot can change in that time also.
yea alot of it is borded up and alot of gangs have taken San Bernardino AGAIN... lol. there are a couple fair areas but still more ghetto then good lol... san diego is nice nothing ghetto abt that place lol.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #114
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
this is what i have in my truck. it is a cobray deringer that is double barrel breakover that shoots 3" .410 shotgun shells and .45 colt longrifle. plenty of stopping power at an upclose situation.

here is a video i found of it shooting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fXJdIVG66I
Thats a cool little gun. Looks like it would be hard to hold onto.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #115
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Go to Kennesaw, Georgia, try that, and report back your findings.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1818862/posts

Probly because too many of them rednecks got the teeth kick out their heads that they wanted to protect there remaining teeth lol

Google Image search : Kennesaw Georgia

Last edited by Twiztid Metal; 06-27-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Here's a story for you. When my oldest daughter was still young enough to be a rear facing car seat we were driving in my wife's Olds Intrigue and, I got run off the road by a guy in an older F250. I blew the horn to alert him and it was the only thing that kept him from hitting us. There I am, stuck in the ditch and I look over to see that the guy that just about hit us is now pissed off and is heading full speed in reverse to ram our car. He was lined up to hit our rear door (where my baby daughter was sitting) at an angle with his rear bumper. I jumped out of the car, pulling my Charles Daly doubla action .45 and aimed at his head through the back window. He saw and stopped the truck just inches shy of hitting the car and then sped off. I was mid-pull on the trigger when the brake lights went on.

The fact that I carry a concealed weapon saved my daughters life that day. I don't care how big an old boy you are, you're not going to stop a truck with your fist. So, save your liberal agenda for somebody that'll by into your crap.

Quote:
UMM, How about you look up Saginaw on that list of dangorus cities.... and you know what i carry?.... My fist and big balls...

so put away your damn BB guns befor somebody beats your ass because you have a gun lol

Last edited by EvilTwin v2; 06-28-2010 at 05:51 AM.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #117
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
Thats a cool little gun. Looks like it would be hard to hold onto.

it really isnt that hard like you think it would be. i had to shave the backside of the trigger so it would quit busting my knuckle everytime i shot it. it has a good shot pattern at about 10ft but at 15ft it is spread out but still can cause pain with small game shot.
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #118
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Probly because too many of them rednecks got the teeth kick out their heads that they wanted to protect there remaining teeth lol

Google Image search : Kennesaw Georgia

Don't get all up in their grille and you're good.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #119
R.I.P. Chip

This just happened yesterday:

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...1872&catid=339

The area it happened in is the EXACT same area I just had my 2 daughters and nephew camping last week. We hiked all over the exact same trails that this happened on.

This is not Compton, this is not some inner city, it's at over 10,000 feet elevation, just under tree line, in the middle of no where. Do you think I was armed wandering through those woods? Do you think my 12 year old black belt daughter knows how to properly handle my weapon in the case that something should happen to me?

I'll give you a little hint, if this scumbag had tried to tie us all up, the cops wouldn't all be out wandering around in the woods looking for him.

And don't think this is some isolated incident, this is the 3rd attack this month on a hiker in the high country of Colorado.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #120
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
This just happened yesterday:

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...1872&catid=339

The area it happened in is the EXACT same area I just had my 2 daughters and nephew camping last week. We hiked all over the exact same trails that this happened on.

This is not Compton, this is not some inner city, it's at over 10,000 feet elevation, just under tree line, in the middle of no where. Do you think I was armed wandering through those woods? Do you think my 12 year old black belt daughter knows how to properly handle my weapon in the case that something should happen to me?

I'll give you a little hint, if this scumbag had tried to tie us all up, the cops wouldn't all be out wandering around in the woods looking for him.

And don't think this is some isolated incident, this is the 3rd attack this month on a hiker in the high country of Colorado.
exactly its always best to be prepared at all times for anything! Its great that your daughter is capable of using your firearm(s)! I at any giving time have in my camera backpack, a flashlight with fresh batteries, small first ad kit, survival bracelet/dangly cord with 24 feet of para cord, knife, fire starter kit