Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Aurora Colorado shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Aurora Colorado shooting

Ballistics vest, pants, gloves, neck, helmet, face and boots. Unfortunately he was well prepared for a fight. Gave himself up to the cops without incident though. Crazy, messed up bastard.
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

obviously a tragedy, hopefully there is the death penalty in Colorado, he deserves it. My heart goes out to all the victims and families.
A 6 yr old and a 3 month old baby were shot. Does anyone besides me have a problem with a 6 yr old and an infant at a movie opening after midnight? might be moot, but wtf?
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #23
Come and take them!®

[QUOTE=paintballer9876;3831290] it would be difficult to get an accurate shot off.

15 in the clip, 1 in the tube. Just give me a sound to pull on!
Attached Images

Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer9876 View Post
He had a bullet proof vest on, i think he was prepared for the chance that someone in the theater had a cc.
You put one on and I'll shot you 2 or 3 times and then tell me if he couldn't have been stopped. They stop the bullet but not the force. You'd need a force field for that.

Beside that, You shot at a coword , don't you think they would run. He didn't even have the balls to finish out his plan. I hope the bastard get snuffed in jail.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #25
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
Does anyone besides me have a problem with a 6 yr old and an infant at a movie opening after midnight? might be moot, but wtf?
I thought the same thing when I read that. I'm all for wanting to see a movie as soon as it's released, but get a sitter if it's that late...your kids come before Batman.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
He had a bullet proof vest on, i think he was prepared for the chance that someone in the theater had a cc.
Bullet proof vests are the exact reason my home defense weapon is a 12g with full jacket slugs...and anyone carrying should have a .22 as a back up...
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #27
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Very sad. At least they got him and can(hopefully) find out why he would do something like this. Most of tye time with these shootings the assailant normally dies, whether by cops or himself. Then we never really know why people do this.

It's certainly going to ruin the experience for movie goers now.
The WHY is always the same.
It's a selfish piece of shit that thinks the world owes him, he doesn't want to live and he doesn't want to go by himself and he want to be famous after he's gone.
But this weak ass bastard couldn't even finish what he started. He couldn't even shot himself.
I'll bet money he's a spoiled brat going up, and his parents never spanked him.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

I just heard a sound bite on tv from Romney that said if there were less guns on the street there would be less murders... Idiotic thinking...truth of the matter...if there were less murderers on the street there would be less murders...if there were more legal guns on the street in the hands of law abiding citizens then there would be less crime...statistics dont lie...look at crime rates anywhere that has open carry.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:09 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Heard on the way home its up to 12 dead now. Sad state of affairs for sure.

I love all the john waynes we got on here, that's funny. I'm sure there are a few who might have the experience and mindset to react in a situation like that, but just because you or anyone else carries a pistol doesn't mean your a sure fire bet to save the day under any circumstances.

I'm all for guns but I just get tired of hearing that they are the solution to all altercations. Just like some people shouldn't drink, some shouldn't have guns.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I just heard a sound bite on tv from Romney that said if there were less guns on the street there would be less murders... Idiotic thinking...truth of the matter...if there were less murderers on the street there would be less murders...if there were more legal guns on the street in the hands of law abiding citizens then there would be less crime...statistics dont lie...look at crime rates anywhere that has open carry.
It's sad, but there will be a lot of personal agendas pushed using the deaths of these innocent people....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Pretty pathetic the comments on some of the news articles. I can't believe the ass backwards thinking some jerkoffs have. Do they not realize that taking guns away from the general public will not keep them out of the hands of the criminals? And that if they could somehow remove guns from the criminals, that they would just find some other weapon to assault people with?

Such a tragic event in which concealed and carry could have stopped it before it got worse. This is a week after another incident, local to me, in which two sisters were beaten and smothered by a crack head (one of the girls I went to school with). Had one of them been able to get to a firearm, they would have been able to shoot that spineless prick dead in his tracks, and at least one, maybe both, would have been alive to tend to their young children.
Zeus.:God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #32
Come and take them!®

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post

I love all the john waynes we got on here, that's funny. I'm sure there are a few who might have the experience and mindset to react in a situation like that, but just because you or anyone else carries a pistol doesn't mean your a sure fire bet to save the day under any circumstances.

I'm all for guns but I just get tired of hearing that they are the solution to all altercations. Just like some people shouldn't drink, some shouldn't have guns.
They are not the solution to ALL altercations. Just the one's when some person is trying to kill other human being's! Do you know what it takes to get a carry permit? It's a sure fire bet I'd die trying to stop a bastard like that from killing you...

Last edited by Hunter711; 07-20-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post

So while you're in the theater, getting your head blown off by some psychopatchic coward, you wouldn't want someone else to step in, who has the ability to stop the situation from going any further? Having a concealed firearm levels the playing field, should a situation arise that requires its use. In order to get your license, you must go through training, which does prepare you, to an extent, to handle situations in which your life, or others, are in peril.
Zeus.:God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #34
No idea what I'm doing

If I was in that movie theater, I would have wanted this guy there too:

Samuel Williams
Old 07-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #35
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Just an additional reminder that Romney is just basically another version of Obama with an (R) next to his name. Romney's record and things he has said in the past says it all....
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #36
No idea what I'm doing

One thing that does concern me, is the Copycat mentality that always seems to follow incidents like this. I have a funny feeling this will give a bunch of other losers ideas.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=Hunter711;3831410]
Quote:
it would be difficult to get an accurate shot off.

15 in the clip, 1 in the tube. Just give me a sound to pull on!
Is that how you hunt? By shooting at anything that makes a sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
You put one on and I'll shot you 2 or 3 times and then tell me if he couldn't have been stopped. They stop the bullet but not the force. You'd need a force field for that.

Beside that, You shot at a coword , don't you think they would run. He didn't even have the balls to finish out his plan. I hope the bastard get snuffed in jail.
Right now we all have the luxury of hindsight. You can say many things on the internet but in reality when your disoriented and cant see straight thanks to the tear gas and to top it all off its a midnight showing so your tired you probably wouldn't risk taking random pot shots at flashes potentially killing more innocent people, which may end up making you bunk buddies with this guy in prison. I almost forgot add in the fact that the movie was playing so there were flashes coming from the movie and gun shot sounds coming from the movie, even more disorienting you.

If it means anything the movie theater does not allow you to bring in cc guns.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #38
Come and take them!®

Only thing this thread is missing is a dash of sex and a smidgen of some Good Ol' Religion .
Old 07-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #39
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
If it means anything the movie theater does not allow you to bring in cc guns.
So then how did the whack job shooter get the guns in the theater then? Guns aren't allowed right.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
So then how did the whack job shooter get the guns in the theater then? Guns aren't allowed right.
I know, if i was the movie theater i would sue him, that will stop them damn murderers.

Last edited by paintballer9876; 07-20-2012 at 03:25 PM.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote

Aurora Colorado shooting - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
27th (Fri) - RCH Aurora Friday Night Series - Radio Control Hobbies Aurora mrc171 Colorado 2 08-17-2010 05:24 PM
Hitec Aurora 9 slobin3d Chit Chat 7 07-29-2010 02:48 PM
aurora area home course peeps friscokidd Colorado 1 04-23-2010 01:07 PM