Thread: Aurora Colorado shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Aurora Colorado shooting

[QUOTE=paintballer9876;3831545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter711 View Post

Right now we all have the luxury of hindsight. You can say many things on the internet but in reality when your disoriented and cant see straight thanks to the tear gas and to top it all off its a midnight showing so your tired you probably wouldn't risk taking random pot shots at flashes potentially killing more innocent people, which may end up making you bunk buddies with this guy in prison. I almost forgot add in the fact that the movie was playing so there were flashes coming from the movie and gun shot sounds coming from the movie, even more disorienting you.

That's basically the point I was trying to make.

A lot of people think that just because they carry a weapon they're chuck Norris. If the only place you've shot a gun is at the range and you're on here talking smack you are more than niave.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
So then how did the whack job shooter get the guns in the theater then? Guns aren't allowed right.
He walked in through the Exit door right next to the screen...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Got a hell of a mess still at his apartment! IEDs!

Now we get to feed this motherfuker while his lawyers think up a quirk in the legal system to get him minimal amount of jail time! This is why people like this exist. The consequences are not equivalent to the crimes.
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

There's now way to prepare for/prevent this kind of bulls**t, laws only prevent those who abide by them. In a case like this its up to an individual to put him/herself in harms way. That doesnt mean pull out your 2-1/2 inch barreled
.380 and start spraying at live target under life threatening situation probably for the first time ever. Only way I would fire is if muzzle was making contact with thug but that wont happen. I follow the rules and gun would be at home in safe because every thief in country knows theres a unlimited and ungaurded source of CCW weapons locked in cars outside in parking lot. Like FLIGHT 93, its up to the people, you and me. To the people of Aurora, I'm sorry for your senseless loss...

Last edited by RiceBurner; 07-20-2012 at 04:22 PM.
RiceBurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=RANOVRU;3831582]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer9876 View Post

That's basically the point I was trying to make.

A lot of people think that just because they carry a weapon they're chuck Norris. If the only place you've shot a gun is at the range and you're on here talking smack you are more than niave.
Haven't spent much time with a handgun have you?
Zeus.:God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter711 View Post
They are not the solution to ALL altercations. Just the one's when some person is trying to kill other human being's! Do you know what it takes to get a carry permit? It's a sure fire bet I'd die trying to stop a bastard like that from killing you...

In VA with a clean background you can get a ccw in as little as two weeks. Yeah I know "what it takes". Aside from filtering out the riff raff who wouldn't pass a background check its pretty useless. I've been in the military, BT is what the "class" for ccw should be.

It's not about whether or not you would die trying to save me, its about the innocent people you could kill amidst your crime fighting furry.

Last edited by RANOVRU; 07-20-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=Zeus.:God;3831619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post

Haven't spent much time with a handgun have you?

See above post douche...
Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
I'm heading out this weekend to purchase a handgun. Monday morning I will be going to the courthouse and applying for a cc permit. This news story took me off the fence as to whether or not I wanted to own a firearm.
Just cause you have a CC doesn't mean you can carry. It is illegal to carry in the city of Denver. You can't carry in hospitals or schools either. In Texas if you have a CC and get pulled over, you must declare this to the officer. I'm not against CC's either(I have mine), but they are not the end all be all. It would have been better for the rest of the crowd to beat him to death (something he would have felt first). Now we will be paying to keep this piece of trash alive (we all know how the appeal laws work). I think they need to bring back public stonings. Would be a whole lot less of this kind of crrap going on.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #49
Old guy

[QUOTE=paintballer9876;3831545][QUOTE=Hunter711;3831410]
Right now we all have the luxury of hindsight. You can say many things on the internet but in reality when your disoriented and cant see straight thanks to the tear gas and to top it all off its a midnight showing so your tired you probably wouldn't risk taking random pot shots at flashes potentially killing more innocent people, which may end up making you bunk buddies with this guy in prison. I almost forgot add in the fact that the movie was playing so there were flashes coming from the movie and gun shot sounds coming from the movie, even more disorienting you. And this is your hindsight.

If it means anything the movie theater does not allow you to bring in cc guns.I didn't know that.Hopfully that will change.[/QUOTE]

I've just been pissed about it all day. If they take our guns, then only the crooks will have them. Do we really want that. Think about it.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #50
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODBANE View Post
Just cause you have a CC doesn't mean you can carry. It is illegal to carry in the city of Denver. You can't carry in hospitals or schools either.
You can carry in the city of Denver.

You cannot carry in schools, federal buildings, or any buildings that clearly have every entrance marked.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=ROCKEDUP RICKY;3831648]
Quote:
I've just been pissed about it all day. If they take our guns, then only the crooks will have them. Do we really want that. Think about it.

Im definately not advocating that.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODBANE View Post
It is illegal to carry in the city of Denver.
Negative ghostwriter. You can carry concealed in the city and county of Denver. I'm about to start my process for a CCW along with as much training as I can get. I'm getting a lot of tips, rules, laws to abide by, etc. from my brother who has been carrying for a number of years.

We run a Volvo repair shop together in the City and County of Denver. He has never been once harassed by Denver PD (or any PD in CO) for CCW as long as proper steps are taken to carrying a loaded weapon (stating what weapons are present to officers in traffic stops, Police contact, etc.)

The only places that aren't "legal" for CCW (aside of what you already listed) are government buildings, gun stores (without proper steps taken) and I'm sure there are a few other places I can't think of at the moment.

Marcus
Draggermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
You can carry in the city of Denver.

You cannot carry in schools, federal buildings, or any buildings that clearly have every entrance marked.
My step son got a ticket for carrying in Denver....
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Right now we all have the luxury of hindsight. You can say many things on the internet but in reality when your disoriented and cant see straight thanks to the tear gas and to top it all off its a midnight showing so your tired you probably wouldn't risk taking random pot shots at flashes potentially killing more innocent people, which may end up making you bunk buddies with this guy in prison. I almost forgot add in the fact that the movie was playing so there were flashes coming from the movie and gun shot sounds coming from the movie, even more disorienting you. And this is your hindsight.

If it means anything the movie theater does not allow you to bring in cc guns.I didn't know that.Hopfully that will change.[/QUOTE]

Sadly that's what this tragedy will turn into a bunch of anti gun people saying if we didn't have guns this wouldn't happen. It may be a week before they feel enough time has passed to make it not look like a political move. Its sad as there are people that look forward to events like this because it gives them a base to spout their anti gun BS.

What the hell is with these quotes...
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=RANOVRU;3831642]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus.:God View Post

See above post douche...
Ok, so what we're getting at here, is that it would have been worse off if someone in there had the ability to cut this guy's killing spree short. Got it.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Ok, so what we're getting at here, is that it would have been worse off if someone in there had the ability to cut this guy's killing spree short. Got it.
Potentially worse, in the end no one will know if it would have been better or worse so we are left with speculation.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Potentially worse, in the end no one will know if it would have been better or worse so we are left with speculation.
Well that's obvious. It all comes down to the discretion of the person with the gun. It would be up to them to decide whether or not its safe to fire, who to fire on, etc, etc... If James came into the theater through the exit, that would make it a little bit easier to identify and take action, as opposed to being in the middle of a crowd.

"After the movie was under way, he went out a rear exit door, propping it open, and gathered weapons before re-entering through the door, the source said.

As he re-entered, he tossed in a canister before starting to shoot, according to a second law enforcement source involved in the investigation and several witnesses."

Just saying. 71 people being shot, even if they didn't save them, this ****er could be buried today.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=Zeus.:God;3831678]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post

Negative. What Im saying is that just cause you can buy a Ferrari doesnt make you Marioi Andretti.

I do believe every one has the right to carry a weapon, but the regs in a lot of places are slack. In VA (as well as with a lot of states), its legal to open carry. Ive seen everyone from an 80yo man to known drug dealers carrying on their hip. Thats just the type of people I want opening up in a dark movie theater with a maniac with semis & gas. Thats the far end of the spectrum, but there are plenty of socer dads and just the general population who I wouldnt want firing live ammo within a 1 mile radious of me.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=RANOVRU;3831691]
Quote:

Negative. What Im saying is that just cause you can buy a Ferrari doesnt make you Marioi Andretti.

I do believe every one has the right to carry a weapon, but the regs in a lot of places are slack. In VA (as well as with a lot of states), its legal to open carry. Ive seen everyone from an 80yo man to known drug dealers carrying on their hip. Thats just the type of people I want opening up in a dark movie theater with a maniac with semis & gas. Thats the far end of the spectrum, but there are plenty of socer dads and just the general population who I wouldnt want firing live ammo within a 1 mile radious of me.
OK, but that means anyone who feels confident in their abilities is Chuck Norris? Excellent logic, sir.

Also, opening fire in a direction everyone is fleeing from. I doubt anyone in an area who is required to have a license and the training to obtain it in order to carry is just going to blindly open fire and spray... But then again, I've already said its their discretion.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #60
RCC Addict

It's amazing that I work in a prison and I feel safer at work then I do just going out into public.

I do carry as well but I'm also ex-military (doesn't mean I'm Rambo ) but I've been around weapons and firearms pretty much my entire life. If this happened here and I lost someone because I wasn't carrying at the time and at least tried to stop it or help I don't know how I would react. Remember an important quote "guns don't kill people, people kill people".

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Phablet)
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote

Aurora Colorado shooting - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
27th (Fri) - RCH Aurora Friday Night Series - Radio Control Hobbies Aurora mrc171 Colorado 2 08-17-2010 05:24 PM
Hitec Aurora 9 slobin3d Chit Chat 7 07-29-2010 02:48 PM
aurora area home course peeps friscokidd Colorado 1 04-23-2010 01:07 PM