Notices

Thread: Aurora Colorado shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Aurora Colorado shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylar View Post
Exactly, plus even if he did have a bullet proof vest its not like it is in the movies people, you dont get shot and shrug it off like nothing!
If you get shot wearing a vest you still get the impact which is like getting punched by Tyson. People who get shot with a vest can easily get the wind knocked out of them, and get stunned from the pain. It would definitely cause enough of a distraction to get to him and finish the job or disarm him.
Even something small like a 9mm could have broken ribs and caused other injuries. He would have had to want it bad to get back up and keep fighting.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #82
Suck it up!

Anybody remember who Charles Whitman was? Killed lots of people, otherwise perfectly functional and rational. He even knew something was wrong with his sanity...and during the autopsy it was found that he had a brain tumor.

Here's something for you anti-gun control folks...

Quote:
Around 20 minutes later, once Whitman began facing return fire from the authorities and armed civilians who had brought out their personal firearms to assist police, he used the waterspouts on each side of the tower as gun ports, allowing him to continue shooting largely protected from the gunfire below but also greatly limiting his range of targets. Ramiro Martinez, an officer who participated in stopping Whitman's rampage, later stated that the civilian shooters should be credited as they made it difficult for him to take careful aim.
Charles Whitman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Anybody remember who Charles Whitman was?
You wont find many folks in our state that will forget that name...

BTW, I've been involved in the treatment of a large number of patients with tumors like he had, it most definitely affects your ability to process data and can sometimes impair motor skills (depending on location).

Last edited by JeremyH; 07-23-2012 at 03:42 PM.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #84
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
You wont find many folks in our state that will forget that name...
I remember when that all went down. I was young.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #85
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Being insane does not mean you're a drooling vegetable that thinks his toes are little people growing out of his feet that you can hold conversations with. You can still be an otherwise rational and intelligent person, just with a skewed perception of right and wrong and reality as a whole.
To be blunt, I really don't give a shit.

If there is little to no question you did what you did and gunned down a bunch of people you deserve to die. There are a LOT of people in this world who have serious issues and never kill anyone. The tax payer should not have to pay to keep some killer like that around. Charles Manson is batshit crazy and he should have been taken out back and shot a LONG time ago.

Quote:
Anybody remember who Charles Whitman was?
Nope. It sounds like it is good he is dead though.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #86
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
To be blunt, I really don't give a shit.

If there is little to no question you did what you did and gunned down a bunch of people you deserve to die. There are a LOT of people in this world who have serious issues and never kill anyone. The tax payer should not have to pay to keep some killer like that around. Charles Manson is batshit crazy and he should have been taken out back and shot a LONG time ago.
No matter what his mental state, his actions were inexcusable, there is no question.

I was merely pointing out that he is not your average or even advanced version of an asshole, prick, or douche bag. There is something terribly askew in his mind. IMO it is important that we find out and study the reasoning behind his actions. People don't normally do that. Kind of like if you get bit by an animal, you want to know what kind of diseases that animal might have been carrying, especially if it wasn't provoked into attacking.

Serious issues come in many many forms. One person with psychological problems is not like everyone else with psychological problems.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 07-23-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

"What does that crazy person do?"

"He rolls his turds up into balls and eats them".

"Fine Ill help take care of him for his whole life."

"What does that crazy person do?"

"He kills productive members of society."

"He shoulda rolled his turds into balls and ate em."
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #88
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
As I suspected the piece of shit is pleading "insanity". (said on the news a few minutes ago) AKA his defense attorney is grasping at straws.

What would you call someone who did what he did? Sane?
olblueyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #89
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblueyez View Post
What would you call someone who did what he did? Sane?
If your sane enough to plan to the extent he planned your sane enough to get the needle. I fail to why this is so hard to comprehend. Maybe I should write it out in crayon?
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #90
Suck it up!

Quote:
If your sane enough to plan to the extent he planned your sane enough to get the needle. I fail to why this is so hard to comprehend. Maybe I should write it out in crayon?
You don't go from completely sane to batshit crazy and back again in a couple of hours.

Still, the death penalty is warrantable IMO. Kinda surprised he wasn't shot where he stood when the cops got there...
Old 07-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

I would gladly pay my taxes to keep him alive for the next sixty years if and only if

they put him with the general population.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #92
Pebble Pounder

Default Aurora Colorado shooting

Does anyone else find it strange that the majority of the comments include shooting another person? In spite of the fact that killing people is what triggered all this hostility.

Does no one ever stop to think that in our western culture mental illness is treated like some kind of VooDoo Magic? Had this person had proper treatment readily available and without being stigmatized by anyone and everyone who knows about his mental illnesses, do you think this tragedy could have been avoided?

Don't you ask yourselves why uncle Sam is spying and collecting data on "everyone" but not tracking the sales of weapons to the point where this sick person was able to amass 6000 rounds of ammo and they never knew about it?

Do you ever ask yourselves why the government allows pharmaceutical companies to use the patent office to drive the price of a medication from 10 cents to 20 dollars a pill? A drug that may have been able to prevent this massacre?

When do you wake up and hold the people responsible for people like him slipping through the cracks to further line their pockets? Never?

What if this guy was a family member and this happened because he wasn't able to afford healthcare and get the treatment and drugs he needed? Would you be talking lots of smack about wanting to flush him down the toilet like a dead goldfish? Or would you break your back to pay for his insurance, treatments, and medications so you could keep one of your family members in tact?

Do you guys have a single clue how much more we pay for healthcare that is no where near the top of the list as compared to any other civilized nation?

Anyone? Bueller?

Any John Wayne's here know how many innocent Hispanics are killed every single year with American guns that are taken into Mexico to feed the illegal drug trade caused by PEOPLE SELF-MEDICATING IN THIS COUNTRY???

Try 40,000 for starters. Men, Women, and Children, for merely walking down the street and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

With Guns purchased under the table at conventions and who knows where else. 10 or 15 thousand guns every year, of which a thousand might get registered if we/they are lucky.

Why does it always have to be about YOU??? Gun Control, improved, changed, or otherwise, does not automatically = YOU CANNOT HAVE A GUN!!!

Anyone remember VA Tech? Anyone know how many times that kid went to get help and was turned away because no one could be bothered to give a shit? Those morons who turned that kid away when he begged them to help, they were the ones to blame.

Not everything is 2 dimensional and lots of things are connected if you bother to think.

As for all the guys who wanna carry, I believe in more freedom, and I say go for it. I also believe in holding those who are truly responsible to the fire when stuff like this happens, and I'm not talking about the shooter. I'm talking about those who shape our society.

They are the ones who give me a rock hard boner when I think about shooting them.

I like a large frame .357 with a 4-4.5" barrel and a full stock. Smith & Wesson of course. I just don't think it would be for my fellow citizens, but rather, the human slime that perverts our democracy, steals from our citizens, and pollutes the minds of our young people with that garbage that infiltrates 99 percent of the media. Including Hollywood, where all stories involve one single hero and never the masses rising to defeat the corrupt.

Yeeeeshh, my thumb is numb from typing on this BlackBerry.

Nite Ya,all

Last edited by olblueyez; 07-23-2012 at 06:54 PM.
olblueyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #93
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Does anyone else find it strange that the majority of the comments include shooting another person? In spite of the fact that killing people is what triggered all this hostility.
Not strange. I'm firm believer that convicted mass murderers and child molesters should be promptly walked out back and shot.

Quote:
Does no one ever stop to think that in our western culture mental illness is treated like some kind of VooDoo Magic? Had this person had proper treatment readily available and without being stigmatized by anyone and everyone who knows about his mental illnesses, do you think this tragedy could have been avoided?
He was an honors student, on his way to a PHD. Most people that smart are eccentric to say the least. People who knew him may have took it as one of his "quarks" but at this moment it could be an act, he could just be another Timothy McVeigh

Quote:
Don't you ask yourselves why uncle Sam is spying and collecting data on "everyone" but not tracking the sales of weapons to the point where this sick person was able to amass 6000 rounds of ammo and they never knew about it?
6,000 rounds is not that much. I go through that and more every year. ~1,000 rounds of .45ACP a month actually, about twice that in .22's.

Quote:
Do you ever ask yourselves why the government allows pharmaceutical companies to use the patent office to drive the price of a medication from 10 cents to 20 dollars a pill? A drug that may have been able to prevent this massacre?

When do you wake up and hold the people responsible for people like him slipping through the cracks to further line their pockets? Never?
That's where proper healthcare reform comes in.

Quote:
What if this guy was a family member and this happened because he wasn't able to afford healthcare and get the treatment and drugs he needed? Would you be talking lots of smack about wanting to flush him down the toilet like a dead goldfish? Or would you break your back to pay for his insurance, treatments, and medications so you could keep one of your family members in tact?
I tried to help my ex get right for 5 years, dam near lost everything twice in the process. Then I divorced her. Last I heard she was homeless. Some people, no matter how hard you try, can't be helped if they don't want to be helped.

Quote:
Do you guys have a single clue how much more we pay for healthcare that is no where near the top of the list as compared to any other civilized nation?
I've never had a issue with it.

Quote:
Any John Wayne's here know how many innocent Hispanics are killed every single year with American guns that are taken into Mexico to feed the illegal drug trade caused by PEOPLE SELF-MEDICATING IN THIS COUNTRY???
Not all are American guns. Not everyone "self medicating" in the US needs it, just people getting high.

Quote:
Try 40,000 for starters. Men, Women, and Children, for merely walking down the street and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
That sucks, really does, but why is it the USA fault? The Mexican government is so corrupt it makes Chicago politicians look like saints. The cartels have control. No ones fault but Mexico's.

Quote:
With Guns purchased under the table at conventions and who knows where else. 10 or 15 thousand guns every year, of which a thousand might get registered if we/they are lucky.
Illegal arms trade has been around as long as weapons have been. Crooks will find a way. Even if the US somehow was able to lock everything down. Nothing crosses the boarder between us, they can still bring stuff in from other countries. The USA is not the only place in the world that makes guns.

Quote:
Why does it always have to be about YOU??? Gun Control, improved, changed, or otherwise, does not automatically = YOU CANNOT HAVE A GUN!!!
there are plenty of control laws on the books. Enforce the ones we have, all of them, and stop gun walking programs.

Quote:
Anyone remember VA Tech? Anyone know how many times that kid went to get help and was turned away because no one could be bothered to give a shit? Those morons who turned that kid away when he begged them to help, they were the ones to blame.
Virginia Tech massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Cho, a senior English major at Virginia Tech, had previously been diagnosed with a severe anxiety disorder. During much of his middle school and high school years, he received therapy and special education support. After graduating from high school, Cho enrolled at Virginia Tech. Because of federal privacy laws, Virginia Tech was unaware of Cho's previous diagnosis or the accommodations he had been granted at school. In 2005, Cho was accused of stalking two female students. After an investigation, a Virginia special justice declared Cho mentally ill and ordered him to attend treatment.[4] Lucinda Roy, a professor and former chairwoman of the English department, had also asked Cho to seek counseling.[5] Cho's mother also turned to her church for help
Quote:
Not everything is 2 dimensional and lots of things are connected if you bother to think.
Yes, yes they are, but everyone and everything has a slant one way or the other. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is flat even when opinion is involved.

Quote:
As for all the guys who wanna carry, I believe in more freedom, and I say go for it. I also believe in holding those who are truly responsible to the fire when stuff like this happens, and I'm not talking about the shooter. I'm talking about those who shape our society.
Disagree, to keep blaming others is not the right way. Pretty sure this guy made a planned effort to do what he did.

Quote:
They are the ones who give me a rock hard boner when I think about shooting them.
Might want to seek counseling on that.

Quote:
I like a large frame .357 with a 4-4.5" barrel and a full stock.
4" barrel with a stock... really....

Quote:
Smith & Wesson of course.
Smith's are nice.

Quote:
I just don't think it would be for my fellow citizens, but rather, the human slime that perverts our democracy, steals from our citizens, and pollutes the minds of our young people with that garbage that infiltrates 99 percent of the media. Including Hollywood, where all stories involve one single hero and never the masses rising to defeat the corrupt.Yeeeeshh, my thumb is numb from typing on this BlackBerry.

Nite Ya,all
Chicklet keys or newer touch screen? I would have found a PC with a Keyboard LOL.

Last edited by BUBBA069; 07-24-2012 at 08:36 AM.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

You probably don't see the hypocrisy in your statements....so I thought I'd point it out for you.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:34 AM   #95
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
You don't go from completely sane to batshit crazy and back again in a couple of hours.

Still, the death penalty is warrantable IMO. Kinda surprised he wasn't shot where he stood when the cops got there...

I agree. I also don't think he would have survived if he had attempted a stunt like this in Texas. With our Castle Law and Conceal & Carry Laws, it seems like everyone has a firearm.

Has anybody else seen the press conference interview of the school administrators where he was enrolled?

Talk about stuff not adding up. The PHD program he was in only accepts 6 - 12 applicants at a time and the process to get accepted is grueling. During the interview, the school administrators said they do not allow people to walk away from a program like this without thorough intervention from the professors and faculty of the school. The school was unaware that he had "with drawn officially" and they re-iterated the policy of talking a student through the situation. The school would also not elaborate on the details of the program he was actually enrolled in. They also mentioned they had been instructed on what was allowable to be shared with the media due to the on-going investigation.

The more I learn about this tragedy the more red flags go up. A judge sealed the entire case and everything pertaining to the investigation yesterday. There has been no real reporting with detail of the tragedy. Instead the focus has been on the emotional effects. There were early 911 calls about a 2nd suspect and even the first responders reported a description of a possible 2nd suspect. The police say they captured Holmes sitting in his car with no blood on him, directly outside theater 9. How did he know where to park the car? How did he know he would get a ticket into theater 9? Why was the gas mask found on the complete opposite side of the building along with more evidence? Why was that evidence found along the most obvious get away route? There was roughly 5 mins between the time the shooting actually started and the time the police arrived. Plenty of time for a second suspect (or actual shooter) to get away in a get away car that may have been outside with the engine running. The news media keeps talking about the 100 round clip for the AR, yet the photos show the AR on the ground just outside the theater 9 exit door with a standard clip in it.

This tragedy does not add up and I wonder if the kid is a possible patsy. Either that or he truly has mental issues which is totally plausible.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
The news media keeps talking about the 100 round clip for the AR, yet the photos show the AR on the ground just outside the theater 9 exit door with a standard clip in it

Always annoys me that movies and media never gets this fact correct.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:55 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post

The force is strong with this one.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #98
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post

The news media keeps talking about the 100 round Magazine for the AR, yet the photos show the AR-15 on the ground, just outside the theater 9 exit door, with a standard AR-15 magazine in it (20 -30 round capacity).

Fixed it for you / me

Thank you for the education on proper terminology.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

his Ph.d neuroscience work "temporal illusions"..

his father has darpa connections..transhumanism..

Transhumanism, abbreviated as H+ or h+, is an international intellectual and cultural movement that affirms the possibility and desirability of fundamentally transforming the human condition by developing and making widely available technologies to eliminate aging and to greatly enhance human intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities

i think something smells fishy....

that look in his eyes at his hearing and his manner..
somethings off..
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

What i find interesting is that you have all of these anti gun people who are constantly saying "getting rid of guns will solve the problem" But if you take something that both sides like such as alcohol which is much more deadly than firearms both sides come to an agreement to treat the problem it self which is irresponsible people instead of outlawing alcohol. In 2005 alcohol was linked to 75,000 deaths from poisoning car wrecks. Guns in the same time period were responsible for 36,000 deaths, from accidental, to suicide to homicide. Instead offering gun safety courses in high schools and college and educating the populous about the responsibility of it (much like they did with alcohol) the left wants to just ban them.

The UK has banned guns and gun related deaths are down a lot but they are also an island anything can be checked before coming in the country. The US has a third world country to the south that is run by drug cartels, the left ironically wants the borders open which means any sort of wide spread gun control would only be effective against those who are not willing to break the law.

What pisses me off more than anything is when you have these "law makers" who say military style weapons should be banned. As if the aesthetics of the gun have anything do with how they shoot. The 100 round drum mag can also be connected to alcohol in that why does anyone need a drink that contains more than 10% alcohol, it just allows you to get drunk faster and, if irresponsible, kill people. But outlawing alcohol never worked in the 20's and it wouldn't work today, just like gun bans dont work in the end unless something is a world wide ban it will never work.

I would like to point out that i should buy one of these before the gov bans them. Incredible Bump Fire! New ATF Approved stock for AR-15 Allows Easy and Safe Bump firing - YouTube
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote

Aurora Colorado shooting - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
27th (Fri) - RCH Aurora Friday Night Series - Radio Control Hobbies Aurora mrc171 Colorado 2 08-17-2010 05:24 PM
Hitec Aurora 9 slobin3d Chit Chat 7 07-29-2010 02:48 PM
aurora area home course peeps friscokidd Colorado 1 04-23-2010 01:07 PM