Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Aurora Colorado shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #61
Come and take them!®

Default Re: Aurora Colorado shooting

So many people get use to being herded around like cows and don't know how to react to extreme situations. So you know what happens to cows?
Hunter711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #62
Release your anger..

What a horrible tragedy. I hope he dies a painful death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer9876
What the hell is with these quotes...
User error. Hell, multiple user errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus.:God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya Pffft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus.:God View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post

Negative. What Im saying is that just cause you can buy a Ferrari doesnt make you Marioi Andretti.

I do believe every one has the right to carry a weapon, but the regs in a lot of places are slack. In VA (as well as with a lot of states), its legal to open carry. Ive seen everyone from an 80yo man to known drug dealers carrying on their hip. Thats just the type of people I want opening up in a dark movie theater with a maniac with semis & gas. Thats the far end of the spectrum, but there are plenty of socer dads and just the general population who I wouldnt want firing live ammo within a 1 mile radious of me.
OK, but that means anyone who feels confident in their abilities is Chuck Norris? Excellent logic, sir.

Also, opening fire in a direction everyone is fleeing from. I doubt anyone in an area who is required to have a license and the training to obtain it in order to carry is just going to blindly open fire and spray... But then again, I've already said its their discretion.

Last edited by ThinkTank; 07-20-2012 at 05:54 PM.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #63
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODBANE View Post
My step son got a ticket for carrying in Denver....
Open carrying? Concealed Carrying? Or Concealed Carrying without a permit?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #64
dkf
Rock Crawler

More wrong info and assumptions from the media.

Here is an article where they show the receipt of the shooters "Bulletproof Vest"

Colorado Shooter Bought Gear from Company Based in Missouri | fox4kc.com

At 00:50 in the video you can see the receipt.

Here is the actual vest the shooter bought and the police describe. Blackhawk Urban Assault Vest @ TacticalGear.com

That vest is as bulletproof as a T-shirt

Last edited by dkf; 07-22-2012 at 07:49 PM.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf View Post
More wrong info and assumptions from the media.

Here is an article where they show the receipt of the shooters "Bulletproof Vest"

Colorado Shooter Bought Gear from Company Based in Missouri | fox4kc.com

At 00:50 in the video you can see the receipt.

Here is the actual vest the shooter bought and the police describe. Blackhawk Urban Assault Vest @ TacticalGear.com

That vest is as bulletproof as a T-shirt
I wonder what those who are arguing that a CCL member couldn't have stopped this guy have to say now? Maybe now it would have been worth a try? But they couldn't have possibly known for sure, so it would have been best not to take the shot if the opportunity arose...

2nd amendment rights are useless if we don't take advantage of them. Taking them away is not the answer- encouraging it is. You don't have to be Chuck Norris to put someone in the dirt when they threaten to do the same to you.
Zeus.:God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #66
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus.:God View Post
I wonder what those who are arguing that a CCL member couldn't have stopped this guy have to say now? Maybe now it would have been worth a try? But they couldn't have possibly known for sure, so it would have been best not to take the shot if the opportunity arose...

2nd amendment rights are useless if we don't take advantage of them. Taking them away is not the answer- encouraging it is. You don't have to be Chuck Norris to put someone in the dirt when they threaten to do the same to you.
It is still possible that the shooter had a class 3 vest under the vest in the link but that is not what the police described from the video. An actual bulletproof vest is quite easy to identify when compared to a standard fabric vest made for tactical purposes. The difference in thinkness is massive.

I have also read varied reports of what "gas" was actually thrown in the theater. It is possible it could have been smoke.

I was not there so I don't know the exact layout and environment where the shooting tool place. However you can see where the gun was fired from and you would roughly know what is behind that area. If the chance of hitting innocents is not likely firing at the muzzle flash could possibly save your life and the lives of others. When the shooting started the people most likely hit the floor fairly quickly.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #67
No idea what I'm doing

If someone is shooting and nobody shoots back, he might as well be standing there naked...what difference does it make what class his vest is?

I think if most of these cowards had rounds heading in their direction as well, the outcome would be different.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
It is still possible that the shooter had a class 3 vest under the vest in the link but that is not what the police described from the video. An actual bulletproof vest is quite easy to identify when compared to a standard fabric vest made for tactical purposes. The difference in thinkness is massive.

I have also read varied reports of what "gas" was actually thrown in the theater. It is possible it could have been smoke.

I was not there so I don't know the exact layout and environment where the shooting tool place. However you can see where the gun was fired from and you would roughly know what is behind that area. If the chance of hitting innocents is not likely firing at the muzzle flash could possibly save your life and the lives of others. When the shooting started the people most likely hit the floor fairly quickly.
Of course there is that possibility, but they would have been able to easily tell that there are two different vests on and confirm that there was a tac vest and a bulletproof vest, as you said.

I'm just getting at the fact that short of innocents in crossfire or directly behind him, there would be nothing wrong with taking shots at him- anything to stop him.
Zeus.:God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #69
I joined the Band!

Man i would really love to kick this prick in the nuts and hard as i can.

look him in the eye and say

"you know what for"

that one of our employees favorite sayings and it applies

Thanks Rob.
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

This is a horrible tragedy.

This psycho lived 6 blocks from me and my girl.

I have gone to that theater multiple times as well.

What has happened is going to echo through our community, state and country.

I agree that if we lived in a world where it was known that 3 out of 5 people we trained educated and carrying a firearm, this would not have happened.

However, that debate is for another time.

I feel it is much more important to heal these wounds, help the victims and their families, and strengthen our community.

if there is one positive aspect of a tragedy of this magnitude, its how it brings us together across all lines of religions, creeds, demographics and backgrounds, into one united group of Americans.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #71
dkf
Rock Crawler

As I suspected the piece of shit is pleading "insanity". (said on the news a few minutes ago) AKA his defense attorney is grasping at straws.

Last edited by dkf; 07-23-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #72
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEELZEBOB View Post
I agree that if we lived in a world where it was known that 3 out of 5 people we trained educated and carrying a firearm, this would not have happened.
I doubt that any trained and responsible firearm carrier would have blindly fired a shot in a dark, smoke filled theater full of people.

But it would have made the shooter think twice...

Quote:
As I suspected the piece of shit is pleading "insanity". (said on the news a few minutes ago) AKA his defense attorney is grasping at straws.
Can you think of a reason that would cause a sane person to do that?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:51 PM   #73
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I doubt that any trained and responsible firearm carrier would have blindly fired a shot in a dark, smoke filled theater full of people.

I'm the guy in the back row that would of put one in the back of his head. point blank if I could.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #74
RCC Addict

As I have read through this. We as all of us are saddened and outraged by this hanius act. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Now the one thing that is getting at me more than anything. This guy is seperated from the general population getting special treatment. Also he is in a state that has a death penalty. That no one has been executed in since 1977. I don't know about anyone else, I will do it for free and save that state millions of dollars in court costs. Oh, and I will sleep soundly when I am done, I would with out question take my time.

Last edited by DRV KRAWLER; 07-23-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: typo
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #75
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Can you think of a reason that would cause a sane person to do that?
If he does plead insanity he is doing it just to get the death penalty off the table. The insanity defense gets manipulated all too often. His actions prior and after the shooting takes the insanity defense off the table IMO. He should fry.

Last edited by dkf; 07-23-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #76
Rock Stacker

My issue with him pleading insanity is with how well planned out his assault/massacre was, it took lots of rational thought and planning to pull it off the way he did.
CrawlinROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

The thinking twice is the point. The main goal of having a firearm is to deter crimes from happening.

Chicken shits like this would never have the balls to act out, knowing they were not the only armed individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
I'm the guy in the back row that would of put one in the back of his head. point blank if I could.
i would have gladly taken s many rounds as i could, if i meant i saved at least one person, and got a clean shot on the fawker.

gas masks are not bullet proof, either was his "tactical vest"
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #78
RCC Addict

His lawyer will say he was bullied or taking some kind of BS meds that made him do it. They always have an excuse for pieces of crap like this.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The thinking twice is the point. The main goal of having a firearm is to deter crimes from happening.

Chicken shits like this would never have the balls to act out, knowing they were not the only armed individual.

i would have gladly taken s many rounds as i could, if i meant i saved at least one person, and got a clean shot on the fawker.

gas masks are not bullet proof, either was his "tactical vest"

Exactly, plus even if he did have a bullet proof vest its not like it is in the movies people, you dont get shot and shrug it off like nothing!
If you get shot wearing a vest you still get the impact which is like getting punched by Tyson. People who get shot with a vest can easily get the wind knocked out of them, and get stunned from the pain. It would definitely cause enough of a distraction to get to him and finish the job or disarm him.
Kylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #80
Suck it up!

Quote:
If he does plead insanity he is doing it just to get the death penalty off the table. The insanity defense gets manipulated all too often. His actions prior and after the shooting takes the insanity defense off the table IMO. He should fry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinROCKS View Post
My issue with him pleading insanity is with how well planned out his assault/massacre was, it took lots of rational thought and planning to pull it off the way he did.
Being insane does not mean you're a drooling vegetable that thinks his toes are little people growing out of his feet that you can hold conversations with. You can still be an otherwise rational and intelligent person, just with a skewed perception of right and wrong and reality as a whole.

Quote:

Agreed, and another argument that our gun control is going the wrong way.

Also agree...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote

Aurora Colorado shooting - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
27th (Fri) - RCH Aurora Friday Night Series - Radio Control Hobbies Aurora mrc171 Colorado 2 08-17-2010 05:24 PM
Hitec Aurora 9 slobin3d Chit Chat 7 07-29-2010 02:48 PM
aurora area home course peeps friscokidd Colorado 1 04-23-2010 01:07 PM