Notices

Thread: Fwck gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #341
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Fwck gun control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
UnAmerican you say. Its our right!!!!!!!!! Don't talk about what you don't understand. How dare you say we are being selfish about it. We were raised with the belief and constitutional right to have the arms that we have.

If some guy wants to have a 1000 Horsepower super car that goes 210MPH, who is there to say he can't have one?? Its his right! Does he need one? Nope. Does he want one?? Yep! Why is that? Because he can!

Because HE HAS THE RIGHT TO!!

You also have the right to gay bum sex, doesn't mean you need to go out and get some just because you can. Not saying gay bum sex is a bad thing if you're into that sort of thing.

Limiting the access of the more dangerous weapons is similar to letting a bunch of 3 year old's play with plastic drum sticks and not knives. Sure as shit they're going to hit each other with them eventually, but they'll do less damage with a plastic stick than a knife.
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #342
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
All you had to do was buy a car and drive off...
Did it not used to be that way in the beginning of the auto? Pretty sure it was.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #343
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I still don't understand how that is supposed to change anything.

If someone wants to kill people, they will. If they are deranged enough to carry out something like this, there are no amount of laws nor "special test" to prevent such a thing.

Bottom line is the more the citizens of this country fall for and give in to our government's scare tactics, the sooner we can all just drop our drawers and bend over.
MommaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #344
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
Did it not used to be that way in the beginning of the auto? Pretty sure it was.
Probably so. We've had guns way longer than we have had automobiles btw...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #345
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You also have the right to gay bum sex, doesn't mean you need to go out and get some just because you can. Not saying gay bum sex is a bad thing if you're into that sort of thing.

Thanks for sharing your right to have gay bum sex in this thread. Now please tell your boyfriend how he is the only protection you need.

This thread is about gun control in AMERICA. Thanks bye.
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:36 PM   #346
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Probably so. We've had guns way longer than we have had automobiles btw...
Good point. So it stands to reason changing the way guns are purchased, and what's available changes with what we learn from past experiences. Same as auto racing. Someone gets hurt, they upgrade the car. There's an apparent gun problem, implement change to reduce the risk. Society as a whole is irresponsible, the goal is to create rules to protect the majority. You will never make everyone happy or be able to create rules that cover all situations. "They" or "the man" isn't out to get you, or are they out to squash the average joe. "They are trying to protect the public from themselves, specifically children and those who need protecting in this case.

Really though, arguing on here is a big waste of time. Those of us who have made up their minds on the subject won't be swayed. Write your argument any way you want, it's not going to change the attitude of the die hard pro-gun or pro-restriction. It does make for some interesting reading though.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #347
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Thanks for sharing your right to have gay bum sex in this thread. Now please tell your boyfriend how he is the only protection you need.

This thread is about gun control in AMERICA. Thanks bye.
Ah, must be a homophobe, see ya.

You must have missed my comment about being married and having two kids the same age as the ones that were killed. My sister in-law is married to a woman, also makes for interesting conversations. The way I see it is you can do what you want, doesn't mean I have to.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #348
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ah, must be a homophobe, see ya.

You must have missed my comment about being married and having two kids the same age as the ones that were killed. My sister in-law is married to a woman, also makes for interesting conversations. The way I see it is you can do what you want, doesn't mean I have to.
Nope. I was just being a dick. Your reference to bum sex in this thread was as useful as my reply.

K bye
Old 12-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #349
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
I still don't understand how that is supposed to change anything.

If someone wants to kill people, they will. If they are deranged enough to carry out something like this, there are no amount of laws nor "special test" to prevent such a thing.

Bottom line is the more the citizens of this country fall for and give in to our government's scare tactics, the sooner we can all just drop our drawers and bend over.
It has the potential to change quite a bit. There are a lot of gun incidents that do not make national news, incidents related to legal gun owners that should not happen. Kids bringing their parents guns to school, kids accidentally shooting their friends or family, etc etc etc. How much of that could be avoided by simply better educating and making simple and reasonable qualifications for gun owners?

Will it stop the truly deranged? No. People always find a way. But like I said a page or so back, these types of people do not go on rampages in places where they know they will face immediate forceful opposition. They go to schools and theaters and malls where people are not armed and cannot shoot back at them.

If you make mental and emotional health a priority, along with responsibility and capability in gun ownership, it will provide way more safety to the general public than the ridiculous notion of rendering certain types of weapons illegal.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #350
Rock Stacker

Wow, so much interesting info...

People who want to do harm will more often a than not find a way. I haven't heard the stories in a while, but I have heard of shanks and other weapons fashioned in jails. People use TP FFS! Should we ban that too? It's just stupid trying to place the blame on the gun(s) used. Prisoners use ANYTHING they can get their hands on. If someone is motivated enough to cause havoc, they're going to.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #351
I wanna be Dave

I have another thing to throw out to you all.
I am so use to seeing people carrying a pistol on there side that I do not pay it a lot of attention.But it hit me a little while ago that almost all the schools in our county have a armed Williamson county officer at the school as what they call resource officers.I watch the lady officer walk in armed every morning when I drop our son off for school.
I know we are in what is considered the richest county in the state but this sounds like a great thing for all school districts to look into funding.
Would be a way better way of helping the problem at least at schools than any gun control law.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #352
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
I am so use to seeing people carrying a pistol on there side that I do not pay it a lot of attention.But it hit me a little while ago that almost all the schools in our county have a armed Williamson county officer at the school as what they call resource officers.I watch the lady officer walk in armed every morning when I drop our son off for school.
I know we are in what is considered the richest county in the state but this sounds like a great thing for all school districts to look into funding.
Would be a way better way of helping the problem at least at schools than any gun control law.
We've got that here too, and we are far from a rich district (pop. 2000+/- between the two towns that share the school). There is an armed deputy there in the morning when the kids show up, and another when they leave. I have also seen a city officer there during the day walking around.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #353
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post

my first high school, before i moved, did not have officers and needed a few. my second high school had one, we called him officer doughnut. he carried a glock and a tazer. i think the tazer was so he didnt have to run after you as he couldnt. that school had very little vandalizing or issues.

in my area is very common to see ARs in gun racks in pickups and occasionally someone open carrying. as shown by the gun section at wholesale sports today, ARs are almost sold out and the conceal carry holsters are almost gone and it seemed like the whole town was buying guns, there are alot of CHL holders in the area. i like it. makes me feel safer.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #354
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
Your point is flawed b/c the legal gun owners aren't the ones causing the problems. Seems like what we already have in place IS working
really..500 children die in the us every year accidentaly via.. i would guess 99.5% legal owned firearms in the home..so currently i would argue there is a problem
im not really believing they are gonna take anyones guns anyway..they may regulate future sales? the way its handled here is you have to take a saftey course/licence, weapons need to be stored safley..handguns and semi auto rifles(other than .22s are considered restricted weapons and need to be registered and permit needed to move it(restricted weapons) from its home to where ever you might bring it
oh and im not anti gun, i grew up shooting and my father had a few handguns and rifles and shotguns..i grew up respecting them..they are a tool yes..same as a hammer or screwdriver..i think not
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #355
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6fs View Post
As a direct result of your selfishness and acting younger than the kids that lost their life in stomping your feet and saying i want, i want, i want YOU WILL be partially responsible for the next tragedy.

Unsubscribed.
You have to be some kind of "brainwashed" to make a statement like this. Are you gonna ban all knives and broken bottles as well. If you don't, you will be partially responsible for the next tragedy. Better lose every bit of alcohol as well, if you don't, you will be partially responsible for the next drunk driver that kills a family.
I myself take great pains to make sure my assault weapons are locked up in the house, with the clips and ammunition stored in my garage in a separate locked box. I know where the key is, and thats it. Why, because I don't want my kids hurt by them, and yes their mother (my ex) has had them shooting. I have a court ordered study (I just won primary custody of my kids), and the courts are more than satisfied of my precautions. But what your saying is that even though I'm responsible, tough shit. When are you gonna grow up and realize that if a mentally (notice I said MENTALLY) deranged person wants to do something like this, they are gonna do it with whatever the feel will do the job. These guns were available to this shooter (by taking his mothers life and stealing them) so thats what he used. Your just like most of those that want to stop this mindless BS, but are unwilling to look at the real problem.

P.S. I use mine for varmint control. If a coyote takes one of my calves, I'm out anywhere from 800.00 to 1000.00 dollars, and that takes food, clothing, and the necessities for my kids to live. And don't tell me how easy it is to kill coyotes, especially when their on a full run. [/rant off]
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #356
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOODBANE View Post
I myself take great pains to make sure my assault weapons are locked up in the house, with the clips and ammunition stored in my garage in a separate locked box. I know where the key is, and thats it. Why, because I don't want my kids hurt by them...

My dad has a pistol (doesn't shoot it, keeps it for sentimental reasons) that I have seen 3 times in my 40 years. Each of those 3 times that it came out of its hiding place it was returned somewhere else. I have never been able to find it on my own, and I looked plenty when I was a kid.

Kids are unpredictable and do dumb stuff. Never under estimate them. My own son is not allowed to use his bb or airsoft gun unless he handles it like it is the real thing. Good habits start early, just like bad ones do.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #357
RCC Addict

Dads guns were locked up but ammo wasn't.. I did some pretty dumb shit with it.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #358
I wanna be Dave

Skipping these foreigners and their views I'd like to get consensus of US gun owners mainly.

Would you be willing to register all firearms you owned and be able to document sales (no different than most state and federal pistol laws)?

I personally don't think the above is needed, BUT I would gladly do both to allow me my right to ownership of any firearm and without the liberals attacking "looks" when we are taught "Do not judge a book by its cover".

Would you be willing to participate in a training class (just once) and then take tests every 5 years to continue to be allowed to own these firearms?

I'm pretty upset by this talk of ban - our only hope is our republican congress, but even that might fall due to political hopes to remain in the office (politicians often cave to pressure when their job is on the line - best for them, when they are elected to worry not about themselves but their constituents). Maybe they republicans can hold it off because right after this tragedy is not the right thing to do.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #359
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Skipping these foreigners and their views I'd like to get consensus of US gun owners mainly.

Would you be willing to register all firearms you owned and be able to document sales (no different than most state and federal pistol laws)?

I personally don't think the above is needed, BUT I would gladly do both to allow me my right to ownership of any firearm and without the liberals attacking "looks" when we are taught "Do not judge a book by its cover".

Would you be willing to participate in a training class (just once) and thuen take tests every 5 years to continue to be allowed to own these firearms?

I'm pretty upset by this talk of ban - our only hope is our republican congress, but even that might fall due to political hopes to remain in the office (politicians often cave to pressure when their job is on the line - best for them, when they are elected to worry not about themselves but their constituents). Maybe they republicans can hold it off because right after this tragedy is not the right thing to do.

I'd be more than happy to comply with more constringent regulation as long as they don't try to take our rights from us.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #360
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Yes.I have 2 hand guns...both registered to me and I also have my fathers antique Browning 12 ga. shotgun and his fathers antique Remington Sportmaster .22 rifle that currently don't require registration.

Quote:
Would you be willing to participate in a training class (just once) and then take tests every 5 years to continue to be allowed to own these firearms?
Yes, as a responsible gun owner I wouldn't have a problem with certification(s)
Crimson Rock Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Fwck gun control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
if you support gun control legislation, consider this ohh EPiC FAiL Chit Chat 0 04-09-2012 02:40 AM
The Nuge on gun control. jason Chit Chat 29 03-09-2010 12:28 PM
Gun Control run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 10-16-2008 01:37 AM
Gun Control STEW<CO> Chit Chat 37 08-18-2007 12:03 AM