Thread: Axial availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslin View Post
China adjacent

Kinda like arguing that Kia is considerably better than Hyundai. It's still a Kia.
Zachary!
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXIAL View Post
Lets clear the air as to where Axial products are produced... Not China. That's been tossed around from time to time but it's simply not true.
This type of answer doesn't clear the air, please name the country of origin. More manufacturer communication (not just this issue) would be helpful to the entire community, instead we have one way RC crawler enthusiast input with helpful suggestions, quality/design issues, and now supply issues. Consumer input without proper (answers) feedback is counter productive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Show me where in China Taiwan is.

Thank you.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:42 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

I had to..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ascender'nMN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #44
RCC Addict

I learned my lesson on sarcasm a couple weeks ago. Some people are ridiculously sensitive on here, and some actually turn into quite the bullies when they feel your sarcastic comment was offensive. /rant.

Axial is simply a big manufacturer who cares about the bottom line numbers more than anything else. Anyone who argues that can show me a press release from February or March that indicates the real story behind the stock issues, and any efforts they've made to reconcile the situation/keep their loyal customers happy and informed.
LSXGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #45

Quote:
China adjacent

Kinda like arguing that Kia is considerably better than Hyundai. It's still a Kia.
That's like saying the safe suburbs of Detroit are the same as Detroit.

And it doesn't matter if it's a Hyundai or Kia they're both more reliable than Mercedes. Thankfully Axial, Vaterra, etc are NOT made in Germany...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post
I learned my lesson on sarcasm a couple weeks ago. Some people are ridiculously sensitive on here, and some actually turn into quite the bullies when they feel your sarcastic comment was offensive. /rant.

Axial is simply a big manufacturer who cares about the bottom line numbers more than anything else. Anyone who argues that can show me a press release from February or March that indicates the real story behind the stock issues, and any efforts they've made to reconcile the situation/keep their loyal customers happy and informed.
Which is what drove me to email them yesterday and pose the question "Why so quiet?" Why no press on when things are expected back? Why are we, as consumers, relying on 2nd hand info from our forum to feed our need for updates on the status of the supply of Axial products? It's just piss poor public relations.
OldNTired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #47
RCC Addict

I'm saying the safe suburbs are adjacent to Detroit. I'm not living in either one.

Mercedes aren't supposed to be reliable. It's the perfect business plan, make something that's crazy expensive and breaks all the time. People can't resist.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
crazy expensive and breaks all the time.
Axials motto
Old 04-13-2017, 01:03 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXGMC View Post

Without the bottom line, Axial doesn't exist and neither do customers to support.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
Without the bottom line, Axial doesn't exist and neither do customers to support.
Without product you have no customers. Which equates to no bottom line.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Name:  sc.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  52.8 KB
Old 04-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #52
BDR
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myndefuk View Post
This kinda relates to another thread I started asking why there is no competition to the bomber and wraith. Traditionally, if a company is creating a product with high demand, but drops the ball in some way, another competitor will come along with a competing product. The only response I really got to my question was that the wraith is just a silly toy that nobody really likes. This is obviously horse sh!t as the wraith is SO popular that you can buy almost any after-market part imaginable for it. You can literally scratch-build a brand-new one off of ebay. Dismissing the wraith would be like dismissing the Jeep Wrangler as some stupid niche vehicle that nobody is really interested in.
Don't fall for the aftermarket supports this, so IT MUST be the biggest thing on the block

Crawling is a niche, the Wraith is a smaller part of the niche, the crawling aftermarket is a small part of that niche.........the niche is NOTHING compared to the rest of RC

I know this is a crawling forum so the view is slanted some what, BUT Axial would not sell half of what Traxxas would in 6 months, just look at the LHS, there might be a dozen Axials of varying types, how many Traxxas cars are sitting next to it

Wraiths are not the best at going fast, they are not the best at going slow, they are a bastard child that does nothing great, but does nothing bad either, like all of Axials junk, what they DO have is a decent chunk of the niche

I think Axial does owe their loyal fans an answer, not an itemized list of problems, just a genric statement-" sorry lads, (insert problem), we are doing our best, don't have a firm restock date, but may sounds good"

In another 18 months we will all be saying " I survived the great Axial depression of 2017"
BDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:10 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Just happen to be looking on the amain website and just out of curiosity checked their inventory of Axial RCs. No Stock. But each model has a note that "This product is expected to arrive on May 31, 2017". Is this a guess on their part or do they actually have some kind of a commitment from Axial to deliver on this date? Inquiring minds would like to know . . . . . . . .

So many questions, so few answers. Well, IMHO, there is only one question and everyone here has asked it - when will we see Axial products back in our LHS?
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:18 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

I remember last year when proline and aarma was in the exact situation . The date came, shelves were filled. I suspect it is the same here. My dealer has 4 or 5 axial kits and rtrs in stock today

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:41 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler48 View Post
Just happen to be looking on the amain website and just out of curiosity checked their inventory of Axial RCs. No Stock. But each model has a note that "This product is expected to arrive on May 31, 2017". Is this a guess on their part or do they actually have some kind of a commitment from Axial to deliver on this date? Inquiring minds would like to know . . . . . . . .

So many questions, so few answers. Well, IMHO, there is only one question and everyone here has asked it - when will we see Axial products back in our LHS?
Tower Hobbies is putting down May as well for all Axial stock.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:57 AM   #56
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR View Post
Don't fall for the aftermarket supports this, so IT MUST be the biggest thing on the block

Crawling is a niche, the Wraith is a smaller part of the niche, the crawling aftermarket is a small part of that niche.........the niche is NOTHING compared to the rest of RC

I know this is a crawling forum so the view is slanted some what, BUT Axial would not sell half of what Traxxas would in 6 months, just look at the LHS, there might be a dozen Axials of varying types, how many Traxxas cars are sitting next to it

Wraiths are not the best at going fast, they are not the best at going slow, they are a bastard child that does nothing great, but does nothing bad either, like all of Axials junk, what they DO have is a decent chunk of the niche

I think Axial does owe their loyal fans an answer, not an itemized list of problems, just a genric statement-" sorry lads, (insert problem), we are doing our best, don't have a firm restock date, but may sounds good"

In another 18 months we will all be saying " I survived the great Axial depression of 2017"
OK, I see what you're saying. In the world of RC there are better places to make money more easily than a Wraith-like crawler. Gotcha. I guess I have a different perspective because the only real interest I have in RC is the crawling. I come from an off-roading background and only like the RC crawling due to the extremely low-cost compared to ATVs, UTVs, Jeeps, etc. and the fact that I can take the Wraith out for an hour and then toss it back in the truck. Full-size stuff requires an entire weekend just go ride for a few hours.
Myndefuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:04 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler48 View Post

The reply I got from Axial also eluded to late May for things to be back. So, that date is probably correct.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:19 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

From what I've seen lately, it seems like they are slowly getting stuff back on shelves. The YETI JR is available at my LHS again after a couple month absence. Their parts wall is fuller than it had been and I'm noticing more available parts online too. Not everything of course but it looks like they're getting it together. May had been their target for products this whole time I believe. It was just their lack of communication that led to the spiral of rumors.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ascender'nMN84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:40 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

I noticed Some Axial bits and bobs restocked at amain.
The drought kinda forced me to get a Spawn Kit, glad I did.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:20 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

I hope Axial can come up with something new soon to keep up With the competition.
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial availability - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial SCX10 G6 Availability nitrojunk Newbie General 1 04-01-2014 01:08 PM
Availability jwalker497 Tamiya XC/CC01 6 12-04-2013 01:57 AM
RX8 availability Dfl4000 Electronics 4 04-15-2013 09:21 PM
Availability artsifrtsi Duratrax Cliff Climber 2 02-25-2010 07:55 AM