Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: News thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2017, 12:03 PM   #381
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: News thread

Not trying to "turd up" the news thread but im gonna turd it up a little. But my advice to any guys on here that are into guns. Don't panic purchase because of these events. Just don't. If you don't NEED what you are buying, then leave it there. The more this advice gets passed thru the gun world the better.

If you feel you don't have enough mags for your gun then grab a few more at a time regularly. Panic purchasing and maxing out your credit card over this stuff is not a good idea. Panic buying is why .22lr is almost non existent and has risen to 25$ a case.

Build up your supply until you are comfortable with what you have and save the rest for other people. Sitting on 20,000 rounds of 22lr is lame. I don't even shoot .22lr anymore, seriously I gave up after 2013. Thats when I began reloading, I now shoot gophers and small game with .223 that I handload. And even handloading supplies get panic purchased to the point there is nothing on the shelves. Or prices rise thru the roof.

I remember seeing stripped low end AR's for over 1000$ in 2013. I have no idea if its heading that way again now because I told myself to stay out of the gun store after these events. Last time I went into the gun store after one of these events it was full of dudes NON-stop bitching. And they were buying up all the powder and primers and ammo. Why were they? Because Obama was a coming for THEM! I didn't vote for Obama either time, but nothing Major happened then and It wont now.

If they are gonna impose more gun control then it will either happen or not, but freaking out and emptying the gun store isn't the answer. Take your extra cash and extend your membership to the NRA or your local gun range membership. They are not the Evil organization the media says they are. If you disagree with that, that's your freedom as an American and you are a leftist anti-gunner anyway and nobody will save you when its "Red dawn" or the "Apocalypse"
Correll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2017, 12:27 PM   #382
I wanna be Dave

^Right on
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:30 PM   #383
Quarry Creeper

Unless for whatever reason you want a bumpstock

Maybe magazines with a capacity over 10 rounds if your state currently does not have a capacity limit
1fox2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:50 PM   #384

Slidefire is going out of business. And that's even before the lawsuits against them start popping up. You know the ban is coming. I honestly don't care because I would never own one. Most gun ranges don't even allow rapid-semi auto fire. But it's just another regulation against guns. From what I read the NRA is all for the slide stock ban. That's why I'm not and will never be an NRA member. They have not done anything for gun owners in recent years.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:30 PM   #385
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
^Right on
Agreed.

I am not a ammo hoarder but I pity anyone who tries to invade by land the USA. You can ban what you want in a knee jurk reaction but the numbers don't lie for Whats already existing and owned.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:52 PM   #386
Quarry Creeper

I just got back from the barber shop. Her son was at the event. After hearing the stories first hand has freaked me out. What a nightmare.

Strange. Going from watching this on the news and then hearing first hand stories.
Chiphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:04 PM   #387
RCC Addict

Or was it a bump stock...... I am thinking it was rogue Obama era CIA op to not only attack racist white people, but push gun confiscation.

The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:35 PM   #388
Suck it up!

At that rate, the M240 would be going through barrels like they were std's at a Motley Crue concert.

Rates of fire, bottom of 3-1

https://www.globalsecurity.org/milit...-22-68/c03.htm
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #389
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Wow...some moron at MSNBC said you're a bad parent if you have a gun in your house...
And some moron on Fox said that the shooter was an atheist and shot at the concert goers because they loved God.

Idiots abound.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:39 PM   #390
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
Or was it a bump stock...... I am thinking it was rogue Obama era CIA op to not only attack racist white people, but push gun confiscation.
(Not a gun owner)

From what I've seen bump stocks are very inconsistent in terms of fire rate, you could hear in one of the videos the fire rate fluctuating. Not sure if this can occur with a real machine gun or not.
MattTheGenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #391
Rock Stacker

People are still clamoring about universal background checks...what don't those people understand? I know they're trying to address future shootings, but piggybacking on this, or any really, is ridiculous. Guns were either stolen or purchased legally.

An aside(a couple actually) the last few days I've heard proponents for background checks said that 2-3 million people have been denied purchase. I know we'll ne eat know the answer, but I'd be real interested to hear how many successfully got a gun anyways.

Second one, heard last night but didn't verify, home invasions when people were home is 13% here, meanwhile it's 60% in the U.K. Assuming it true, that's a pretty strong argument for gun ownership(thinking out loud...I wonder if the study shows injuries or death in home invasions in the U.K.).
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:58 PM   #392
Rock Crawler

Look at those same stats for Australia too
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:00 PM   #393
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
And some moron on Fox said that the shooter was an atheist and shot at the concert goers because they loved God.

Idiots abound.
When was this? I listen to the evening shows, and never heard anything of the sort.
Who was it?
Zippy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:17 AM   #394
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy1 View Post
When was this? I listen to the evening shows, and never heard anything of the sort.
Who was it?
Ainsley Earhardt from Fox and Friends. There's a few clips floating around.

There's no apparent motive yet, so people have to pull things out of their ass to make sense of things and/or fill air time. The shooters brother mentioned something along those lines as a possibility during an interview, so she decided to run with it, then whoever she was talking to expanded on it a bit more and turned it into some kind of hair brained statement on Christian oppression in America.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:22 AM   #395
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Second one, heard last night but didn't verify, home invasions when people were home is 13% here, meanwhile it's 60% in the U.K. Assuming it true, that's a pretty strong argument for gun ownership(thinking out loud...I wonder if the study shows injuries or death in home invasions in the U.K.).
C'mon now, if the anti gun crowd can't make comparisons with other countries to bolster their arguments, the pro gun crowd can't either.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:51 AM   #396

Even though I believe we aren't getting the whole truth, an AK-47 with a slide fire does sound pretty close to me.

">
70ford390 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:14 AM   #397

Quote:
Ainsley Earhardt from Fox and Friends. There's a few clips floating around.

There's no apparent motive yet, so people have to pull things out of their ass to make sense of things and/or fill air time. The shooters brother mentioned something along those lines as a possibility during an interview, so she decided to run with it, then whoever she was talking to expanded on it a bit more and turned it into some kind of hair brained statement on Christian oppression in America.
Trump's "fake news" catchphrase has turned into a joke, but it's a true statement. The news, on both sides of the bias, make shit up. The bigger issue is that the uninformed citizens believe everything they hear on their favorite fake news station of choice.

Quote:
C'mon now, if the anti gun crowd can't make comparisons with other countries to bolster their arguments, the pro gun crowd can't either.
You can make comparisons all you want and both sides do, but America will always be different. You can't compare our culture to any place on the planet and have a direct comparison. That includes guns.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:42 PM   #398

Changing directions to something way more lighthearted. AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) is getting killed off. If you were a kid or a college student in the late 90's or early 2000's AIM was probably a huge part of your social life. AIM came before MySpace and Facebook. Who knew AIM was still active? I doubt, very highly, that many people still used it though.

RIP AIM! I'll pour out a 40 for you, homie!

https://aimemories.tumblr.com/post/1...077/aimemories

Old 10-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #399
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Changing directions to something way more lighthearted. AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) is getting killed off. If you were a kid or a college student in the late 90's or early 2000's AIM was probably a huge part of your social life. AIM came before MySpace and Facebook. Who knew AIM was still active? I doubt, very highly, that many people still used it though.

RIP AIM! I'll pour out a 40 for you, homie!

https://aimemories.tumblr.com/post/1...077/aimemories

Ha Ha. Yup got in lots of trouble with that and those stupid PTT Nextels.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #400
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

You can make comparisons all you want and both sides do, but America will always be different. You can't compare our culture to any place on the planet and have a direct comparison. That includes guns.
What would be some good and bad things about American culture? ( You reserve the right to not answer)
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM