Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Cardiac Arrest, confirmed sadly
I saw. Death of a legend!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #323
RCC Addict

Default Re: News thread

I'm not sure what to think yet, but it doesn't sound good. At first TMZ and CBS was saying they took him off life support, but LAPD says they can't confirm anything about his status.

Edit: Of course TMZ now says that he's not expected to make it through the day, but he may have no brain activity from the heart attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMZ
1:35 PM PT -- Sources tell us at 10:30 Monday morning a chaplain was called to Tom's hospital room. We're told the family has a do not resuscitate order on Tom. The singer is not expected to live much longer ... but at this time, he's still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer's death is inaccurate.

Last edited by Sneetches; 10-02-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:53 PM   #324
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Who could have stopped this aside from a SWAT sniper with a vantage point of the shooter?
According to this mornings fb feed, a shit ton of self-identifying alpha males with delusions of grandeur trying to out alpha male each other. It was kinda cute.

But yeah, in this instance, even an above-average freedom lovin' gun carryin' 'merican ain't gonna do shit other than get himself killed or even worse, kill an innocent in the process of trying to be a hero.

I doubt that hotel security is trained for it either.

It's shitty that this keeps happening, and likely will continue into the foreseeable future.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:58 PM   #325
Pebble Pounder

Default News thread

Didn’t take but a few hours for Democraps to politicize the incident either.

CBS fires VP for writing ‘Republican gun toters’ killed in Las Vegas don’t deserve sympathy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9b4b0f28eb04

From Hillary’s twitter account not more than a few hours after the incident...

“The crowd fled at the sound of gunshots.

Imagine the deaths if the shooter had a silencer, which the NRA wants to make easier to get.”

Don’t shoot the messenger. No pun intended.

Last edited by CR4NK; 10-02-2017 at 09:04 PM.
CR4NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #326
Suck it up!

Sick of them all. The last couple of years of politics and media has been absolutely disgraceful.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:17 PM   #327
Rock Crawler

If they even try to bring up silencers, I might have to kidnap some politicians and force them to learn the difference. Imagine if the government were to force all of us to pay a tax to muffle our daily-driver-deadly-weapons that they already require mufflers on. (not that far-fetched, even...considering some recent events.)
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:05 AM   #328
Rock Crawler

So now they are saying 23 weapons in the room and 19 more at home
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:17 AM   #329
Rock Stacker

Honestly, how daft & stupid are these ingrates calling, yet again, for gun control? This dude legally bought 30+ guns...in multiple states...not a single red flag. What more do they want? I would like to think it's just a reaction to the shooting, but it's the same morns who call for it every single time and inbetween. Hillary even stupidly brought "silencers" into it...

Last edited by NoobCrawler; 10-03-2017 at 02:20 AM.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:51 AM   #330
Scale Detail Engineering

I assume high capacity magazines and semi-to-full/ish-auto mods will be on the table...
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:20 AM   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
According to this mornings fb feed, a shit ton of self-identifying alpha males with delusions of grandeur trying to out alpha male each other. It was kinda cute.

But yeah, in this instance, even an above-average freedom lovin' gun carryin' 'merican ain't gonna do shit other than get himself killed or even worse, kill an innocent in the process of trying to be a hero.

I doubt that hotel security is trained for it either.

It's shitty that this keeps happening, and likely will continue into the foreseeable future.
Not as "cute" as all of the liberals saying the people deserved it because they were white rednecks at a racist country concert. The **** from CBS was the most famous, but there were lots of others.

In a city like Vegas where there is so much crime and money the hotel staff should have been trained better that's for sure.

It will continue to happen until we change the gun culture and start getting hard on crime. Guns have always been around. They haven't changed. The lunatics controlling them have changed.

It's a shame this guy died at the scene. I would have loved to have heard him tortured to death in prison. That would be just punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Honestly, how daft & stupid are these ingrates calling, yet again, for gun control? This dude legally bought 30+ guns...in multiple states...not a single red flag. What more do they want? I would like to think it's just a reaction to the shooting, but it's the same morns who call for it every single time and inbetween. Hillary even stupidly brought "silencers" into it...
The red flag should have been him being a Democrat and trying to buy so many guns. Dems are so anti-gun that there is no good reason they should have one let alone 20. Right?

I'd love to know how he got all of them into the room without anybody being suspicious. That's a lot of trips.

The hotel security is severely lacking, obviously. Why didn't alarms go off the second the windows broke?

Hillary is so stupid that she thinks a silencer will suddenly make a gun whisper quiet. It's not true. She obviously is unaware of that. She, and Hollywood movies, are misleading the other brain dead lemmings. Hillary is a dangerous scumbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I assume high capacity magazines and semi-to-full/ish-auto mods will be on the table...
I don't know what full/ish-auto means. Did you mean foolish-auto?

Full-auto is already illegal unless you jump through more hoops and pay more money than most of us can or want to.

Magazine capacity is a joke. It takes 2 seconds to change one.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:43 AM   #332
Suck it up!

Nutter conservatives like to claim the wrath of God when horrific things happen, which is just another way of saying that you deserve what you got. Ain't nobody got a lock on self righteous finger pointing.

You're absolutely right though. Culture has to change. Ultimately it's the people that are the problem.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:13 AM   #333
I wanna be Dave

He used automatic AR15’s
Used to be able to buy the parts over the counter to make a 15 to a 16 full auto. Any competent gunsmith can do.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:20 AM   #334

Quote:
Nutter conservatives like to claim the wrath of God when horrific things happen, which is just another way of saying that you deserve what you got. Ain't nobody got a lock on self righteous finger pointing.

You're absolutely right though. Culture has to change. Ultimately it's the people that are the problem.
Very true. Time and time again we go back to the problem being extremists on either end of the spectrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
He used automatic AR15’s
Used to be able to buy the parts over the counter to make a 15 to a 16 full auto. Any competent gunsmith can do.

Hang up and Drive
There are guns that can be made automatic by any hack machinist.

What people don't realize is that automatic guns are less accurate. No human can hold it still while it's recoiling. But it throws a lot of rounds. What people also don't realize is that you can almost match automatic fire with a semi-auto gun.

People without gun knowledge (most of the "news" commentators) just like to think that there are magical things about "assault rifles", fully automatic rifles, high capacity magazines, etc.

Once again anti-gunners blame the guns not the people. Nobody has been blaming cars or calling for a ban on those despite the many recent incidents of nut jobs driving through crowds.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #335
I wanna be Dave

Bump fire stocks, and binary triggers were likely used by this shithead.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #336
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

Once again anti-gunners blame the guns not the people. Nobody has been blaming cars or calling for a ban on those despite the many recent incidents of nut jobs driving through crowds.
Maybe if more people people had cars it wouldn't happen...
Old 10-03-2017, 10:23 AM   #337

Quote:
Maybe if more people people had cars it wouldn't happen...
Less people walking means less people getting hit by maniacs in cars. True! I know you're being facetious...

And yes if everybody had a gun there would be fewer mass shootings. People would think twice before going on a killing spree if they knew all of their potential victims were armed and could shoot back. Even if they still proceeded with their plan the body count would most likely be less because they'd get stopped by another citizen. That is unless it was a rare case like this Vegas situation where he was 30 floors up or whatever it was.

But then the evil among us would find other methods to kill such as bombs and other explosives. Determined people always find a way to carry out their plans - good or bad.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:06 AM   #338
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Eh, I'd say predujice towards everyone. Everyone judges people by their appearance at first glance. It's makes you racist on how you respond past that initial glance. I judge people all the time, but if I want to go over and talk to them, I would.

That is the ****ed up part of this country and its current discussion about racism.

Prejudice and racism are two very different concepts. As you said prejudice is judging a person passed on their outward appearances.

Racism is the belief that one race or another is somehow inferior or lacking based on their genetic make up.

It is a false narrative, that doesn't allow for any discussion. If someone makes any comment about social norms found in specific culture, then instantly its racism. In reality it is either true or it is a prejudice that the commenter has.

So either the issue needs to be addressed or the commenters perception needs to be address. It doesn't mean a person thinks that it is race related.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:01 PM   #339
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'd love to know how he got all of them into the room without anybody being suspicious. That's a lot of trips.

The hotel security is severely lacking, obviously. Why didn't alarms go off the second the windows broke?
This is a big "what the?!" that I have. Granted it is Vegas & they probably had hundreds in & out of that hotel door throughout the weekend, it seems strange that they wouldn't notice one guy walking in with 10 bags...just for himself. Even over the course of a couple days. That's just a lot of damn luggage.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #340
Rock Crawler

Well, Paul Ryan got what he needed. The SHARE act has been tabled, indefinitely, and Dems are calling for stricter gun laws; thinking that criminals will follow their laws. These ****s will never learn.

Last edited by KJ10; 10-03-2017 at 05:41 PM.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM