Notices

Thread: News thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #921
Suck it up!

Default Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Not to mention that the new "factory" is a tent in the parking lot.

Tesla is a numbers company not a quality products company.

https://electrek.co/2018/06/19/tesla...ent-elon-musk/
Sprung structures are fast, relatively cheap, and can be permanent. More than adequate to build cars in.

Constructing a traditional building would take a year or better, or, he'd have to hunt for a vacant and acceptable building to set up shop in, which might not be in an ideal location. So, that "tent" makes sense, though I would bet that something grander is planned.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Sprung structures are fast, relatively cheap, and can be permanent. More than adequate to build cars in.

Constructing a traditional building would take a year or better, or, he'd have to hunt for a vacant and acceptable building to set up shop in, which might not be in an ideal location. So, that "tent" makes sense, though I would bet that something grander is planned.

Yeah sure. I don't want my car built in a tent. It's just more proof that Elon Musk is rushing things if you ask me.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:37 PM   #923
Suck it up!

Quote:
Yeah sure. I don't want my car built in a tent. It's just more proof that Elon Musk is rushing things if you ask me.
He's definitely moving as fast as he can. As long as the end result is acceptable, the building it was made in hardly matters.

Ever buy anything from a small vendor here? Did the idea that the part was made in a garage or basement and not a proper commercial building bother you?
Old 06-19-2018, 05:57 PM   #924
I wanna be Dave

I was reading a news feed from CNN about the sabotage at the factory, the Musk seems to think that the lone caught saboteur didn't work alone and not-so-subtly accused a certain manufacturer that got caught cheating on emissions as a high priority suspect as an entity that could have sent an industrial spy/saboteur to work for Tesla. Maybe he's grasping at straws, maybe he's right. One thing is fer shur- if he doesn't start selling more cars, he will run out of money to build more rockets.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:28 AM   #925
Quarry Creeper

So finally US pulls out of UN. The UN has always been a piece of shit run by arm chair experts. They can keep warming their seats.

wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:36 AM   #926

Quote:
He's definitely moving as fast as he can. As long as the end result is acceptable, the building it was made in hardly matters.

Ever buy anything from a small vendor here? Did the idea that the part was made in a garage or basement and not a proper commercial building bother you?
His results haven't been acceptable thus far. Quality issues abound and then there are the fires.

A $50 RC part is completely different than a $50,000 car. I don't care if the vendors here have their 5 year old help make the part as long as it looks good and works. I don't want a car made that shoddily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I was reading a news feed from CNN about the sabotage at the factory, the Musk seems to think that the lone caught saboteur didn't work alone and not-so-subtly accused a certain manufacturer that got caught cheating on emissions as a high priority suspect as an entity that could have sent an industrial spy/saboteur to work for Tesla. Maybe he's grasping at straws, maybe he's right. One thing is fer shur- if he doesn't start selling more cars, he will run out of money to build more rockets.
Elon Musk makes the claim, but notice how there have been ZERO reports of any Tesla workers getting arrested. Arrest records are public. If one of them got arrested for sabotage it would be a bigger story than his sabotage claim. He's a delusional man and at times seems paranoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
So finally US pulls out of UN. The UN has always been a piece of shit run by arm chair experts. They can keep warming their seats.
We only pulled out of the Human Rights Council not the entire UN I believe. I am happy about this. Hopefully one day we pull out of the UN completely.

The Human Rights Ccouncil was pissed how we're "treating" immigrant children. Oh no we're taking care of them! The parents aren't taking care of their children by trying to smuggle them into a country. We need to start treating illegal immigrants like shit so that they stop trying. No other country puts up with this. Try sneaking into another country and you'll be in their prison until you can get a Presidential pardon. Illegal immigrants are the bottom feeders of the world and they don't deserve good treatment.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #927
Suck it up!

Quote:
His results haven't been acceptable thus far. Quality issues abound and then there are the fires.
Agreed, though the quality complaints have been about the bells and whistles and not the core vehicle. Bells and whistles can always be scaled back.

I see the same thing in the RV industry. The core is nearly identical across many manufacturers, and 99% of the time there are no quality issues there. It's always the fancy shit that complicates the build and kills the experience when it craps out.

Quote:
A $50 RC part is completely different than a $50,000 car. I don't care if the vendors here have their 5 year old help make the part as long as it looks good and works. I don't want a car made that shoddily.
Everything is relative. As long as the build quality is there, it doesn't matter where it's made. You can just as easily have a top-notch building and make a shit product.

Quote:
He's a delusional man and at times seems paranoid.
You gotta be to do what he does. Just being smart only takes you part way.

Quote:
The parents aren't taking care of their children by trying to smuggle them into a country. Illegal immigrants are the bottom feeders of the world and they don't deserve good treatment.
Don't forget that a good percentage of them are trying to escape the Central/South American drug wars. Dragging their kids a few thousand miles for the chance to live here is probably their best option, as bad of an option as that is.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:15 PM   #928
Rock Stacker

I’m gonna try to do this like a sound human being...

What Peter Fonda said recently on Twitter was....something. Hollywood sits there on their perches & looks down at Trump for his mean words, and down on his supporters. All the time. They don’t like the way he speaks, meanwhile, you have DeNiro at an awards show proclaiming “F Trump!” I digress. Back to Fonda. Saying that Barron should be ripped from his mothers arms then thrown into a cell with pedophiles. And that Kirstjen Nielsen should be stripped naked & whipped. That’s just great. Is that the high road that liberals live on?

Should we take bets on when Fonda will be deleted from Twitter.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:29 PM   #929
Suck it up!

Targeting somebodies kids is as about as low as you can get, even if it's a hypothetical.

Who ever said that whackadoodle celebreties were the official spokespersons of any given political group? Do conservatives recognize Barr as their Hollywood representative? Or maybe Baio?
Old 06-21-2018, 12:25 AM   #930
RCC Addict

That was HELLA WRONG what Fonda said, i haven't read his apology, but Ambien did it , right ?
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:02 AM   #931

Quote:
Don't forget that a good percentage of them are trying to escape the Central/South American drug wars. Dragging their kids a few thousand miles for the chance to live here is probably their best option, as bad of an option as that is.
That's not my problem, not your problem and not the problem if this country. I don't care one iota about non-citizens. Let's take care of home, which we aren't doing, before we try to save the world.

I'm all for shooting illegals at the border. We wouldn't be the first country to do it nor should we be. It's basically breaking and entering which would also get children separated from their parents.

The liberal media tells people what to be outrages about and they listen. People have become so pathetic and brainless.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:15 AM   #932
Suck it up!

The US government helped light the fuse on that war, so yeah, it kinda is our problem.

And the conservative media is any better?
Old 06-21-2018, 08:14 AM   #933

Quote:
The US government helped light the fuse on that war, so yeah, it kinda is our problem.

And the conservative media is any better?
What war? The immigration war or the drug war? They are our problem to keep out of this country not fix. Build a wall, put armed guards there and do what it takes to keep people out. That's the right thing to do, but people let emotions get in the way of logic.

No, the conservative media isn't any better, but at least they don't put illegals and other countries first.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:51 AM   #934
Suck it up!

The drug war is the cause of the refugee and asylum seeker problem.

If we're going to use logic, then we take responsibility for our actions, not play deadbeat babydaddy and ignore it.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:31 AM   #935
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Build a wall, put armed guards there and do what it takes to keep people out. That's the right thing to do, but people let emotions get in the way of logic.
Is it though? It seems like there is emotion involved in your stance too, as you’ve previously stated we should be shooting to kill at the border.

Let’s check your logic. What’s the cost to build this wall, pay the armed guards, and maintain the program year over year? Throw in the cost of these “detention centers”, one of which was just paid about a half billion of tax dollars. Then compare that to the cost of the deportation process under Obama, who managed to have one of the highest deportation totals without separating families or jailing children?

Since there’s no emotion in your stance, I’m assuming you’ve put this all together. I don’t know the numbers myself, but I’ve yet to see anyone prove how veering from the previous deportation processes is logical ans the right thing to do.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 06-21-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #936

Quote:
The drug war is the cause of the refugee and asylum seeker problem.

If we're going to use logic, then we take responsibility for our actions, not play deadbeat babydaddy and ignore it.
Tell the refugees to take a boat elsewhere.

The US didn't make the drug war better, but we're also not the drug supplying cartels so I'm not exactly sure what you want the US to take responsibility for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Is it though? It seems like there is emotion involved in your stance too, as you’ve previously stated we should be shooting to kill at the border.

Let’s check your logic. What’s the cost to build this wall, pay the armed guards, and maintain the program year over year? Throw in the cost of these “detention centers”, one of which was just paid about a half billion of tax dollars. Then compare that to the cost of the deportation process under Obama, who managed to have one of the highest deportation totals without separating families or jailing children?

Since there’s no emotion in your stance, I’m assuming you’ve put this all together. I don’t know the numbers myself, but I’ve yet to see anyone prove how veering from the previous deportation processes is logical ans the right thing to do.
Stop trying to patronize me.

We're humans. There's emotion in everything.

With walls and armed guards you don't need detention centers.

And I'd rather spend more tax dollars on keeping people out then helping them. We already have a military and during peace time they could easily be used to secure the borders.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #937
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Tell the refugees to take a boat elsewhere.

The US didn't make the drug war better, but we're also not the drug supplying cartels so I'm not exactly sure what you want the US to take responsibility for.

Stop trying to patronize me.

We're humans. There's emotion in everything.

With walls and armed guards you don't need detention centers.
That’s a big assumption to make thinking the wall will keep everyone out. Are we going to build a wall around the coast line? Build a wall deep enough to prevent tunneling? Stop Mexico from selling ladders? Start shooting planes out of the sky?

Desperate humans are capable of a lot of things, getting around a wall may not be that big of an obstacle.

Detention centers aren’t going anywhere wall or no wall, as long as there is a zero tolerance policy with such active enforcement. They are money makers just like private jails. The number of them will plateau but thinking a wall will eliminate detention centers entirely is naive.

Quote:
And I'd rather spend more tax dollars on keeping people out then helping them.
This says a lot. Not emotionally driven, eh?

Quote:
We already have a military and during peace time they could easily be used to secure the borders.
Sure. Except we’re in a perpetual state of war.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 06-21-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
This says a lot. Not emotionally driven, eh?
This statement right here proves to me that you don't read before you respond.

I said it's impossible to get rid of emotion. We are humans.

That's about as much as I'm going to bother responding to you.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #939
I wanna be Dave

yep I'm on shore duty right now, not "fighting a war" but i sure as hell don't have time to "go stand watch at the wall". i still have a job training other sailors who will go to the ships that fight the "war".

this whole thing is a mess. now the commander in chief wants to send us to SPACE?!?! who is threatening freedom up there?! does ISIS have tactical nuke payloads on some satellites up there?? or maybe a fully armed and operational battle station?! don't get me wrong i love star wars, but that's just... WHY?!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #940

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
yep I'm on shore duty right now, not "fighting a war" but i sure as hell don't have time to "go stand watch at the wall". i still have a job training other sailors who will go to the ships that fight the "war".

this whole thing is a mess. now the commander in chief wants to send us to SPACE?!?! who is threatening freedom up there?! does ISIS have tactical nuke payloads on some satellites up there?? or maybe a fully armed and operational battle station?! don't get me wrong i love star wars, but that's just... WHY?!
Not saying I agree with being in space, but...

Somebody is going to try to dominate space at some point. If you're not first you'll be fighting for it.

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM