And then cry persecution.
Yup.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2018, 02:23 PM   #962

Default Re: News thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
Well... If you read the article, the restaurant was violating a city law. It has nothing to do with "beliefs".

As for the first, those two whom didn't want to bake a cake opened the door for that one...
The couple went to a religious baker and were denied. There's a shocker. Instead of going to another baker they filed a lawsuit. I'm sure money had nothing to do with it.

Last I read the Surpreme Court decided with the baker on this cake case, which of course sets a precedent, but they didn't change any laws. So the next baker or restaurant that discriminates would be subject to breaking the law, correct?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:27 PM   #963
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Discrimination is against the law already so...
Not according to the recent Supreme Court ruling.

As far as the two idiot bakers; with technology and social media being what it is, I say "fine". Let them refuse service. Word will get out and the market will respond accordingly. Same with the restaurant that refused Trump's spin-doctor.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:35 PM   #964
Suck it up!

Whether or not they were religious doesn't matter. There are plenty of religious business owners that don't turn away gays.

The law essentially says that if you operate in the general public, you serve the general public. No exceptions unless you can prove that doing so will harm your business, employees, or customers.

Now that personal feelings are a potential exception to the rule, the door is going to swing open hard and fast.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:27 PM   #965
RCC Addict

Now Harley moving over seas Harley-Davidson will move some production out of US after retaliatory tariffs

Now their stuff is gonna say, made in China?
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:20 PM   #966
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Last I read the Surpreme Court decided with the baker on this cake case, which of course sets a precedent, but they didn't change any laws.
Not really, the decision was more around that the original case was not heard fairly by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission. The Supreme Court basically punted the discrimination part of the decision. It’s really only a victory for the business owner and not those who want businesses to be able to discriminate against the lgbt community.

Sarah Huckabee-Sanders on the other hand was judged not for the color of her skin or her sexual orientation but for the content of her character. Poor character is not a protected class, which is why she isn’t the first and won’t be the last Trump employee for this to happen to.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:43 PM   #967
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
Now Harley moving over seas Harley-Davidson will move some production out of US after retaliatory tariffs

Made in EU, I think they will still be doing domestic manufacturing, but will manufacture bikes destined for the EU market there.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:39 AM   #968
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Well... If you read the article, the restaurant was violating a city law. It has nothing to do with "beliefs".

As for the first, those two whom didn't want to bake a cake opened the door for that one...
The two aren’t even comparable. If a straight guy went into the bakery on behalf of the bay couple, and the baker knew & then he still said no, then it would be comparable.

Sanders didn’t make the law to separate the families. She’s not down at the border doing it herself. She’s being targeted because of who she works for. Should people not serve others because they don’t like the company you work for? That’s okay?

I can’t even believe what I’m hearing that is happening in public. Like the president or not, how can people be okay with the tactics being used on his administration? It’s insanity. What happened...twice....to the DHS secretary is nuts. First in a restaurant...then they show up at her home?! That is crazy. Who does that?

Then we have the crackpot Maxine Waters...calling for people to mass crowds of people around “them” wherever they are in public & drive them away. What the @$&%?! People don’t like how President Trump conducts himself, I get it, some things are quite bothersome. But damn...what liberals are doing is far , far worse.

Then, when one of these idiots gets attacked or shot because they decided to listen to Waters...who’s going to get the blame? Yep...Trump.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 06:07 AM   #969

Quote:
Not according to the recent Supreme Court ruling.

As far as the two idiot bakers; with technology and social media being what it is, I say "fine". Let them refuse service. Word will get out and the market will respond accordingly. Same with the restaurant that refused Trump's spin-doctor.
Like I said, the Supreme Court decided on one case. They didn't change laws.

The baker isn't the idiot. The guys that tried to get a cake made by a religious person are idiots when they know full and well that it goes against religious beliefs.

Quote:

This has nothing to do with the tariffs. Plans to move companies don't happen overnight. Harley has been slowly moving production elsewhere for other markets. And lots of Harley parts are made abroad already.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:06 AM   #970
Quarry Creeper

Hardley Ablesons haven't been 100% US made in decades. And did anyone catch the bullshit they did last year, right after the corporate tax cuts were announced? They took the tax breaks, or course. Then a bunch of the higher ups sold back a ton of shares to the company, we're talking millions of dollars worth of shares. Then they announced they were shutting down the Kansas City factory and moving it to Thailand. I've never been a fan of their bikes, and even less of a fan of their typical patrons, but this is ridiculous.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 07:42 AM   #971

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Hardley Ablesons haven't been 100% US made in decades. And did anyone catch the bullshit they did last year, right after the corporate tax cuts were announced? They took the tax breaks, or course. Then a bunch of the higher ups sold back a ton of shares to the company, we're talking millions of dollars worth of shares. Then they announced they were shutting down the Kansas City factory and moving it to Thailand. I've never been a fan of their bikes, and even less of a fan of their typical patrons, but this is ridiculous.
I like some of Harley's bikes. They are behind the curve, way behind the curve, in terms of power and technology, but they do sheet metal and paint like nobody else. But the riders, especially the ones that think the only "real" motorcycle is a Harley, are what I hate.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:51 AM   #972
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I like some of Harley's bikes. They are behind the curve, way behind the curve, in terms of power and technology, but they do sheet metal and paint like nobody else. But the riders, especially the ones that think the only "real" motorcycle is a Harley, are what I hate.
I remember when those guys used to say "If it doesn't leak oil, then it's not a Harley..."

That goes beyond being a fan. That makes you a brand apologist.

A friend of mine used to ride an Intruder (he has since "moved up" to a Harley ). He was at bike week and was getting shit from the Harley guys for riding a "rice bike". He pointed to the water cooling and radiator on his bike and told the guy "Well... I can cruise up and down the strip in traffic without having to stop every 5 minutes to cool down, unlike your air-cooled bike."
Old 06-26-2018, 08:27 AM   #973
RCC Addict

I guess this is news for some
https://youtu.be/8iqODh0Czls
Reconfigurable tires ?
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:50 AM   #974

Quote:
I guess this is news for some
https://youtu.be/8iqODh0Czls
Reconfigurable tires ?
I saw those. They're cool, but I don't exactly understand the need for them unless the gearing changes when it switches to round tires. Anybody?
Old 06-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #975
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I saw those. They're cool, but I don't exactly understand the need for them unless the gearing changes when it switches to round tires. Anybody?
I'd be willing to bet the engineers behind it made sure the gearing was the same, if not damn close between track and tire modes.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:55 AM   #976
I wanna be Dave

Useless.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:54 PM   #977

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I'd be willing to bet the engineers behind it made sure the gearing was the same, if not damn close between track and tire modes.
Any guesses what the benefit would be then? Maybe less track wear, although it might end up being more, but that's all I can think of.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #978
Pebble Pounder

I can see them being deployed in areas where you aren't exactly doing highway speeds, i.e. places with pretty much poor/no roads where the terrain can go from sort of firm to muck in an instant.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:16 PM   #979
I wanna be Dave

Snomobiles require a lot of maintenance if ran in sand and mud.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:07 PM   #980
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
Sanders didn’t make the law to separate the families. She’s not down at the border doing it herself. She’s being targeted because of who she works for. Should people not serve others because they don’t like the company you work for? That’s okay?
Sanders is there by choice. Nobody is forcing her to be the official voice of the Executive Branch.

Not that I'm defending the restaurant owner, that was definitely taking the low road. I'm just sayin...

Quote:
The baker isn't the idiot. The guys that tried to get a cake made by a religious person are idiots when they know full and well that it goes against religious beliefs.
How does one differentiate between a religious and non-religious person when shopping for a product/service?

And, since not all religious people care about gay marriage, how does one differentiate between those that do and those that don't?

Quote:
I remember when those guys used to say "If it doesn't leak oil, then it's not a Harley..."

That goes beyond being a fan. That makes you a brand apologist.
I had a customer come in one day while he and his buddy were heading out of town on their bikes. My customer had a Honda, his buddy a Harley. The Harley guy started giving him shit, so he proceeded to tell me about how he keeps bottled water, snacks, clothes, rain gear, and other odds and ends in his saddle bags. Then he asked the Harley guy what he keeps in his saddle bags. His reply was "tools".

News thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darra News! News from the past Juuti Videos! 19 01-22-2017 01:49 AM
good news and bad news foproy South Carolina 3 06-13-2011 02:45 PM
Good news and bad news.... Jeckler Chit Chat 6 03-17-2005 12:42 PM