Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2019, 10:51 AM   #601
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Rant Thread

"Does Slovakia fall into that" yes,

But some of the countries are more pronounced in the crime statistics.

Crime committed by people that don't actually live here have gone up significant since 2000, you can also easy see in the crime statistics when these countries have entered the EU.

Most prominent are the countries with a large population of gypsies.

Romanians - Estonians - Latvians - Lithuanians - Polish - Bulgarian - Croatians - Serbians - Albanians seem to be the high score of guest criminals.

I don't really blame those people, they are poor ASO, i do however hold a monumental grudge against the EU, leading me to not being able to tell what i think should happen with people that call EU their place of work.
Second i blame my own government, which i also dislike intensely.
Third i blame myself, cuz really truth be told i am a pu..y too, and a obsessive whiner.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2019, 08:29 PM   #602
Suck it up!

Time for a new work rant...things have been fairly calm, that should have been a warning...

Somebody in upper management has gotten bored and decided to fiddle with the paychecks to save some pennies.

We get efficiency bonuses once a month. Hours clocked in vs hours billed. The higher the percentage, the higher the bonus. A nice little incentive to do good work expediently.

A couple of weeks go we were told that the head bean counter was concerned about the small amounts of time being lost between jobs. Since we clock in/out of jobs on ipads, every minute of every day gets charted and logged for easy review.

Late today the word came down that we will no longer be paid for hours clocked in, but for hours actually on a paying job. Essentially flat-rate. Because it is impossible to be 100% proficient, very single tech will see a smaller pay check, guaranteed. While we all know that the ultimate goal is to go flat-rate, we are nowhere near ready. You have to have a solid infrastructure for that, and we do not.

Last year was our greatest, most profitable, most productive ever. The service department worked its ass off to make that happen, and this bullshit is how they thank us.

Tomorrow mornings meeting should be interesting...

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 01-31-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:59 PM   #603
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Time for a new work rant...things have been fairly calm, that should have been a warning...

Somebody in upper management has gotten bored and decided to fiddle with the paychecks to save some pennies.

We get efficiency bonuses once a month. Hours clocked in vs hours billed. The higher the percentage, the higher the bonus. A nice little incentive to do good work expediently.

A couple of weeks go we were told that the head bean counter was concerned about the small amounts of time being lost between jobs. Since we clock in/out of jobs on ipads, every minute of every day gets charted and logged for easy review.

Late today the word came down that we will no longer be paid for hours clocked in, but for hours actually on a paying job. Essentially flat-rate. Because it is impossible to be 100% proficient, very single tech will see a smaller pay check, guaranteed. While we all know that the ultimate goal is to go flat-rate, we are nowhere near ready. You have to have a solid infrastructure for that, and we do not.

Last year was our greatest, most profitable, most productive ever. The service department worked its ass off to make that happen, and this bullshit is how they thank us.

two options come to mind, start looking for better employment, or have a casual meeting with said head bean counter/person who thought up the idea and convince him of the error of his ways.

I have been thru this a couple times and neither one ended well for the company. They lost profits and people. One even closed up due to the backlash and losing key people who refused to come back even after the company promised to return to the original pay plan.
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:34 PM   #604
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
two options come to mind, start looking for better employment, or have a casual meeting with said head bean counter/person who thought up the idea and convince him of the error of his ways.
Better employment at a comparable pay rate is at least a couple hours drive from here. Whatever I might find locally would be an automatic 50% decrease in wages, at least.

Luckily our service manager is well aware of how stupid the idea is and was in a meeting when we finished the day. He's not afraid to bury his foot into warm, dark places if need be. So we'll see.

Barring all of that, it's a new year and we've all got vacation time available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon1965 View Post
I have been thru this a couple times and neither one ended well for the company. They lost profits and people. One even closed up due to the backlash and losing key people who refused to come back even after the company promised to return to the original pay plan.
I have too. The results were similar.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:45 PM   #605
RCC Addict

I work for the federal government. I am one of those folks impacted by the shutdown and I had to come to work without pay. I missed two checks. We are now getting repaid, but not in a manner that would make sense.

Basically, we got 50% of a straight 80 hour check for both of the missed pay periods deposited over the past two days. For our next pay check, they are going to combine the remaining 50% of those two checks with the next check and take out all deductions like tax, insurance, Medicaid, social security, etc for all THREE pay periods. The following pay period, they are going to pay us for all premium shift hours and overtime that they missed during the first two pay periods of the year.

This is garbage because we get shorted a lot of money up front, then they are going to shove all the premiums/OT into one check and it's going to screw the hell out of us on taxes. I worked two holidays, all night shift, and a few hours of OT during those two pay periods. I'll most likely end up losing at least one holiday and all the OT money to taxes. All because they couldn't wait one or two extra days to get everything done right and they had to pay us ASAP. This is "easier" for the payroll people somehow. To top this mess all off, we are not going to get leave and earnings statements for the first two pay periods so we can not verify that they got our pay correct without knowing the exact dollar amount we should get paid for what.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:29 PM   #606
Suck it up!

Sounds about right for the government...
Old 02-01-2019, 06:04 AM   #607

Quote:

Sounds like it's time to move on. I know you gave reasons that you can't, but that place isn't going to get better anytime soon with that type of management.

Get somebody to start rambling of organizing a Union and ensure management finds out. Companies want to keep Unions out and it's a good way to get some leverage.

I have my own rant. ****ing lowballers. I post things for sale at slightly inflated prices knowing that people will ask for better deals. That's fine. That's the yard sale mentality. But when you come to me with a price where you are giving yourself a 30% or more discount you can go **** yourself. I'm either going to tell you to go pile sand in not such a nice way or I'll delete the email and not even bother with the respect to respond to you.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:43 AM   #608
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

I'd check to make sure that is even legal. Essentially they are trying to turn hourly employees into contractors. It wouldn't be the first time a bean-counter tried to make up their own rules. Funny how the company made a tidy profit, yet the wealth didn't "trickle down". Surprise, surprise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Sounds like it's time to move on. I know you gave reasons that you can't, but that place isn't going to get better anytime soon with that type of management.

Get somebody to start rambling of organizing a Union and ensure management finds out. Companies want to keep Unions out and it's a good way to get some leverage.
Arkansas is a "right to work" state, so the union threat doesn't carry as much weight.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:46 AM   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
Arkansas is a "right to work" state, so the union threat doesn't carry as much weight.
So is Pennsylvania. But at one of my previous employers the people in the shop threatened Union and they suddenly started paying employees more money. And then anti-Union signs went up in the shop's lunchroom.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:01 AM   #610
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

They'll keep this up until they realize that they are actually fornicating themselves.

Quote:
I have my own rant. ****ing lowballers. I post things for sale at slightly inflated prices knowing that people will ask for better deals. That's fine. That's the yard sale mentality. But when you come to me with a price where you are giving yourself a 30% or more discount you can go **** yourself. I'm either going to tell you to go pile sand in not such a nice way or I'll delete the email and not even bother with the respect to respond to you.
I can see getting the best deal you can, but if someone is asking way too much for something I just move on, I don't don't like haggling. On the other side of the coin, I put in a little padding to pay for shipping and give a bit of room for haggling, but like you, someone aims way low, I don't even bother with a response.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:38 AM   #611
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I am selling a pure vertical and a knee type milling machine. Both machines are priced lower than their market value as a combo sale. Got a lot of genuine buyers but some people offered me 40%. They never got a response from me. They keep gradually increasing their offers and I still don't respond
Lowballers love interaction as it gives them the needed dopamine rush and that is exactly what you deny them by giving them the silent treatment
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #612
I wanna be Dave

What the hell is wrong with guys named "Jeremiah"?

In my life I have know three guys with this name, and they all have had almost identical traits..
- They are overly whiny
- They love messing with people, but will formally complain when someone messes with them.
- Arrogant and think they are a lot smarter than they are.
- Self-important, they think if they quit that the entire work center would cave in on itself...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:12 PM   #613
RCC Addict

You won't see a rant from me often, but I just have to vent a bit today.

What is up with people these days? I'm the operations manager for a mid sized lawn and landscape company. I have 13 guys that I manage. All between 25 and 40 years old. I don't feel like a manager anymore. I feel like a damn baby sitter. What happen to work ethic? Everyone wants to get payed more, but won't stand up and do the job. Complain about not getting enough hours but then wanna leave early. Really?!?! They'll work like hell if I'm on property, but as soon as I leave they're on their phones, walking to the truck 100 times, knelt down in the bushes trying to look busy but not doing a damn thing. WTF?!?! Ya some of the stuff we have to do is tedious small stuff, but it still has to get done. And the more you bitch about it the worse it is. The day goes do much faster when you're actually working! With that said it's meeting time on Monday and if they don't get with the program they can all kick rocks. I'll go mow and trim everything my damn self. Sorry for the rant but I guess that's what this thread is for.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:05 PM   #614
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
You won't see a rant from me often, but I just have to vent a bit today.

What is up with people these days? I'm the operations manager for a mid sized lawn and landscape company. I have 13 guys that I manage. All between 25 and 40 years old. I don't feel like a manager anymore. I feel like a damn baby sitter. What happen to work ethic? Everyone wants to get payed more, but won't stand up and do the job. Complain about not getting enough hours but then wanna leave early. Really?!?! They'll work like hell if I'm on property, but as soon as I leave they're on their phones, walking to the truck 100 times, knelt down in the bushes trying to look busy but not doing a damn thing. WTF?!?! Ya some of the stuff we have to do is tedious small stuff, but it still has to get done. And the more you bitch about it the worse it is. The day goes do much faster when you're actually working! With that said it's meeting time on Monday and if they don't get with the program they can all kick rocks. I'll go mow and trim everything my damn self. Sorry for the rant but I guess that's what this thread is for.
My wife is an administrative assistant to a district manager for Hobby Lobby. She feels your pain. The only problem is that she has to basically babysit all the store managers in her district and they make more than she does.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:11 PM   #615
I wanna be Dave

I think cell phones are the demise of this country. We're all Nero, dicking around on our phones while Rome burns.

Take at work like AnimalHippie described... today I go to the gym and the lady who's supposed to sign me in is texting away....I'm standing at the counter for 30 -45 seconds waiting...she gets a reply, laughs, then comes strolling over so I can sign in. Doesn't say a word, no greeting, no apology, nothing. I came home and wrote a letter to the company with her name and the time I signed in - frankly I hope she gets canned. I don't care if it was less than a minute - I'm sick of self absorbed ignorance and doing your job half-assed, not to mention piss poor customer service.

Meanwhile at the gym, the new generation can't be off their phones for 2 minutes. it's literally spend 30 seconds working out, and then 2 minutes texting mom, 3 besties, cousin Cletus, and a long conversation with the bae on what to have for dinner. Maybe check FB and see the latest nonsensical meme that's going around. It's incredibly infuriating when your waiting for a machine.

I took my kids to gymnastics practice last night, and I happened to look over at the parents - every single one of them had their nose buried in their phone. Every. Single. One. None of them are paying the least amount of attention whatsoever to what their kids are doing. One of the girls finally pulled off a pretty cool move on the horse she's been trying for 3 weeks now, and she looked over to her mom all excited. "Did you see that!! I did it!! " and the mom gave a thumbs up. Never even looked up.... the look on the kids face about broke my heart. I gave her a high-five on the way back to at least let her know that someone was watching.

[end rant]
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:37 PM   #616
Quarry Creeper

Cell phones are going to create a generation that is restless and won't be able to focus on a single task. Focus is extremely important to achieve goals.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:50 PM   #617
Suck it up!

Quote:
I'd check to make sure that is even legal. Essentially they are trying to turn hourly employees into contractors. It wouldn't be the first time a bean-counter tried to make up their own rules. Funny how the company made a tidy profit, yet the wealth didn't "trickle down". Surprise, surprise...
I brushed up on Arkansas labor laws last night, and there is a single line that they could have built a case on, but they'd be quite obviously cherry picking because everything else outweighed it. The one thing that could have really got them in trouble was making the change retroactive, meaning they made the change mid-pay period without notice. You can reduce wages just as easily as you can raise them, but not like that.

Luckily our service manager convinced them that they were being stupid. Our base pay remains untouched, and while our bonuses got restructured, it'll all wash the same. Per usual, it sounds like they were obsessing over a arbitrary problem and went way out in the weeds with the solution.

And yeah, profits abound, just not for us lowly laborers. The boss has got 6 years worth of my wages parked in his driveway. More power to him, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to hear about austerity measures in the mean time...

Quote:
Employees can still form a union in a right to work state, but with certain conditions that set it apart from a typical example.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:53 PM   #618
Suck it up!

Quote:
IOne of the girls finally pulled off a pretty cool move on the horse she's been trying for 3 weeks now, and she looked over to her mom all excited. "Did you see that!! I did it!! " and the mom gave a thumbs up. Never even looked up.... the look on the kids face about broke my heart.
Ugh. That's shitty.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:57 PM   #619
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
They'll keep this up until they realize that they are actually fornicating themselves.
Just the tip, and only for a minute...we all know how that turns out.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:33 PM   #620
I wanna be Dave

Enough of this blasphemy against my beloved phone!

Time for my little rant...

I hate my job. We used to run hard July to October during harvest then kick back a little while we filled storages to carry us till December. We would typically run out of spuds late December and begin hauling in seed potatoes early February.

During harvest we would get 3-7 days off while the chip (kettle foods) ran organic spuds. We do not grow organic potatoes. We would usually have a week or so not spent hauling between the end of filling storage until we could start pulling from the first storage we filled.

Between time hauling I'd go to the shop or work in the wash shed repairing equipment, fabricating new conveyor belts or in the shop repairing trucks.
This was a 5-6 day a week deal. There was down time, things changed and money was decent enough.

Fast forward to summer of 2017 and we took over the contract to haul all of the spuds into the plant. Ours and 3 out of 4 other growers organics included. Now there is no down time, go go GO! Is my life now and I'm about burned out. I typically get a day off a week and that is half burned up by driving 5 hours home because my load delivered late at night so I need to sleep before coming home or the plant is behind 2-8 hours so I get to sit doing nothing while I wait.

I was supposed to have last weekend off. The plant was running 6 hours behind so I didnt get home until noon Saturday and then found out I was headed back out 11 am Sunday. This was after running 11 days straight. Got the schedule this am and after being told I had tomorrow off several times this passed week I was scheduled to go out again tomorrow afternoon. I about lost my shit. My niece is the one that puts the schedule together and she knew I was just a little more than perturbed so I got a text that she changed things so I'm off tomorrow. Fawk this, I'm so important to the farm I can't possibly have any sort of life of my own? I got bad news for them...

Tldr; I'm a whiny biatch that wants time spent outside of a semi. Time to go find a new job.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM