Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2020, 08:53 PM   #801
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rant Thread

Face masks...

If you are not going to wear the friggin' things right, don't wear them at all, you just look stupid.

• Nose sticking out of the top.... WRONG
• Giant gaps between the mask and you face... WRONG
• Pulling it down to talk to someone... WRONG
• Pulling it down to scratch your nose with unwashed/unsanitized hands.... WRONG

Also...
For those wearing your masks in your car because you think the virus is ONLY on your mask, and that if you take it off you'll "disturb" the virus, you're idiots!!! You morons are going home, taking off your masks and going about your day, not thinking about the fact that if there is virus on your mask, there is lots of virus on your close. Unless you have a hazmat decon station at your house, you're pretty much screwed.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2020, 01:20 PM   #802
I wanna be Dave

It amazes me how many people don’t seem to understand how a mask works and wear it as Greatscott noted here, sometimes I’m not sure which is worse, those who don’t or those who refuse to use one and loose their damned minds over business that require it for entry (wonder if they get as offended over the shirts and shoes requirements too ) or go full on snowflake and scream at those who are wearing them.......apparently that happened to Johnny Cash’s grand daughter (I think Rosanne is her Mom), she has contracted SARS and COVID could be fatal for her, but some prick had to yell at her for it
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:39 PM   #803
RCC Addict

I'm glad to see that some of us understand the importance of putting a barrier between ourselves and others. Unreal that others simply don't give two shits about catching or spreading this virus or that have some insanely misguided mindset that their actions won't potentially cause harm to others. I understand being young and not caring about anyone else and/ or feeling invincible but there's absolutely no excuse for refusing to do something so easy and simple as to wear a mask and wash your hands often. This virus ravages many aspects of an otherwise healthy person's immune system and internal organs. For someone like me, it's almost a guaranteed death sentence. I have zero respect for those of you that are so absolutely oblivious or flippantly uncaring towards your fellow man, that you can't even be bothered to act with any minimal degree of discretion. To those of you that do care enough about this to act accordingly... Thank you.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:09 PM   #804
I wanna be Dave

Wish we still had the like button for HPD’s post!
Old 06-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #805
Quarry Creeper

I agree on the mask thing!

I actually think I may be one of the immune people, I never get the regular flu or any variation of it while never having a flu shot. I do still wear one out of courtesy for others.

I was in a landscaping business this weekend. One mother with her 5 year old was inside. I stood away with my mask as she was wearing one too. She however let her 5 year old literally run from one end of the store to the other non stop, out of breath and breathing heavy.

Even though I am not worried about catching this I still found it to be very rude of her and I found it horrible that the people that worked there did not ask her to settle her child. There is no reason a parent cannot hold their children's hand if needed and explain to them that this is not the place for playing.

I hate parents that allow children to do this in fine dining restaurants as well. If you cannot teach your children how to behave in public STAY THE F**K HOME!!!! Nobody else should have to be subjected to your child's crap behavior because you are a lazy ass parent!!!!
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:27 PM   #806
I wanna be Dave

I don't wear a mask ever. I haven't gone to Costco since they started requiring them. If your immune system is compromised so you're at risk then by all means stay home and keep yourself safe. Less than .03% of the US population has died from the sniffles yet here we are crashing the economy like it's 30%. Fawk the media for sensationalizing this whole deal.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 05:07 PM   #807
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I don't wear a mask ever. I haven't gone to Costco since they started requiring them. If your immune system is compromised so you're at risk then by all means stay home and keep yourself safe. Less than .03% of the US population has died from the sniffles yet here we are crashing the economy like it's 30%. Fawk the media for sensationalizing this whole deal.
Shame Shame, have you been drinking the Trump Kool-aide AGAIN? I bet there are 115,000 families out there right now that don't think the pandemic has been sensationalized by the press!!! As we have always said, you are entitled to your opinion, but the mask should be worn as a common courtesy to those who you're around. I'm 71 and up until the virus hit hadn't had a cold or flu in almost 3 years. My immune system was supercharge from the life style change we made with our diet. So now comes the virus and a resurgence of cancer and treatments that have wiped out my immune system. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please wear a mask to help protect me and other people in my boat! It is such a easy thing to do.
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 06-17-2020 at 05:10 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:06 PM   #808
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
I agree on the mask thing!

I actually think I may be one of the immune people, I never get the regular flu or any variation of it while never having a flu shot. I do still wear one out of courtesy for others.

I was in a landscaping business this weekend. One mother with her 5 year old was inside. I stood away with my mask as she was wearing one too. She however let her 5 year old literally run from one end of the store to the other non stop, out of breath and breathing heavy.

Even though I am not worried about catching this I still found it to be very rude of her and I found it horrible that the people that worked there did not ask her to settle her child. There is no reason a parent cannot hold their children's hand if needed and explain to them that this is not the place for playing.

I hate parents that allow children to do this in fine dining restaurants as well. If you cannot teach your children how to behave in public STAY THE F**K HOME!!!! Nobody else should have to be subjected to your child's crap behavior because you are a lazy ass parent!!!!

I've had parents get on me when I've asked their kid not to do something in the stores I've worked in, one of them was even a damned teenager that should have known better in the first place

Quote:

So people like High Plains Driver and Johnny Cash's Grand Daughter should just be trapped at home all day because you can't be bothered to wear a mask when you go into a business they may also want to use. Seriously, that's farkin' selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Shame Shame, have you been drinking the Trump Kool-aide AGAIN? I bet there are 115,000 families out there right now that don't think the pandemic has been sensationalized by the press!!! As we have always said, you are entitled to your opinion, but the mask should be worn as a common courtesy to those who you're around. I'm 71 and up until the virus hit hadn't had a cold or flu in almost 3 years. My immune system was supercharge from the life style change we made with our diet. So now comes the virus and a resurgence of cancer and treatments that have wiped out my immune system. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please wear a mask to help protect me and other people in my boat! It is such a easy thing to do.
Ernie

This, I'm not in as good of shape as I used to be (and I've been pretty round a long time anyways), but I don't want to risk bringing something home to Dad, if we weren't exposed when Mom passed back in January or when I was sick in March (in hindsight and with better reporting, COVID symptoms look like what she had in Jan and I had in March), plus a <30 y/o co-work did come down it in March thinking he also had bronchitis like I thought I did at the time and ended up in the hospital and is now on Warfarin due to blood clots it caused. That has concerned me since Mom had been on that for years and nearly died from complications of Warfarin mismanagement in 2015 and then Dad used it as a very effective rat poison growing up on the farm in the 40's and 50's until it was removed from that market, I've already warned him to be extra careful as well as vigilant on his INR counts with that stuff.

I had joined a gym December then went to a different one in February after an issue with the first one, but but never spent enough time there before things went into lock down to gauge how many of them might have White Trash's thoughts on masks and how much of a risk going there any time soon could pose to me, or more so Dad, after seeing the opinions of some weightlifters on line.....which also seem to be a little too in line with the "dumb jock" stereotype than I'm comfortable with in this situation
Old 06-17-2020, 06:42 PM   #809
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ernie
What does trump have to do with common sense? Should I be more worried about the 115,000 families with deaths attributes to corona or the 80,000 on average that die from the plain old flu each year? Stop virtue signaling, it doesn't suit you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
So people like High Plains Driver and Johnny Cash's Grand Daughter should just be trapped at home all day because you can't be bothered to wear a mask when you go into a business they may also want to use. Seriously, that's farkin' selfish.

Yes. If your immune system is compromised then you should take steps to protect yourself that don't force anyone else to accommodate in ways they don't wish to do. If you are allergic to peanuts should you have the power to force everyone around you to not be able to enjoy them?
Old 06-17-2020, 07:04 PM   #810
I wanna be Dave

Brussel Sprouts.

Can’t stand them.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:14 PM   #811
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Brussel Sprouts.

Can’t stand them.
Seriously!!! I don't want to even look at them...
Old 06-17-2020, 07:25 PM   #812
Rock Stacker

Your exactly right White Trash if you’re high risk or scared stay home like they have been telling you to do. Death rate is only 1.3% so those in the high risk category should take care of them self’s accordingly and the rest of us should go on living our normal lives.
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 07:25 PM   #813
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Brussel Sprouts.

Can’t stand them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Seriously!!! I don't want to even look at them...
Ditto
Old 06-17-2020, 07:51 PM   #814
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
Your exactly right White Trash if you’re high risk or scared stay home like they have been telling you to do. Death rate is only 1.3% so those in the high risk category should take care of them self’s accordingly and the rest of us should go on living our normal lives.
Normal?? What is that? Our way of life that we know it has changed and won't be the same as before for quite awhile! So what you may think is normal and what I think is normal seem to be two different views. I haven't been able to see my grandkids since February, and it breaks my heart. Is that normal, no, but it is what we choose to do to stay safe. If you think having to wear a face mask isn't normal then I feel your either missing the point or not a very caring person! And having read your post the last few years I get the feeling it is the second. So sorry you feel that way! At least with "white trash" we get something that is well thought out and to the point.
And he and I have agree a long time ago that it's ok to have opposite view points and agree we can disagree!
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 06-17-2020 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:02 PM   #815
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Normal?? What is that? Our way of life that we know it has changed and won't be the same as before for quite awhile! So what you may think is normal and what I think is normal seem to be two different views. I haven't been able to see my grandkids since February, and it breaks my heart. Is that normal, no, but it is what we choose to do to stay safe. If you think having to wear a face mask isn't normal then I feel your either missing the point or not a very caring person! And having read your post the last few years I get the feeling it is the second. So sorry you feel that way! At least with "white trash" we get something that is well thought out and to the point.
And he and I have agree a long time ago that it's ok to have opposite view points and agree we can disagree!
Ernie

I think you're simply missing the point that there isn't much if any reason for you to not be able to see your grandkids, for people to go about life working and paying bills etc like they used to. This whole "pandemic" is basically a big nothingburger pushed ahead by the media.

Do you hibernate and stay away from family during flu season?
Old 06-17-2020, 08:14 PM   #816
Rock Stacker

Sorry you have not seen your grandkids for so long I’m sure it’s not easy for them either. I have made it a point for our kids and us to visit my mom and mother in-law On a regular basis cause They know there time is limited and the kids are growing up fast. They want nothing more than to keep things as normal as possible cause at there age 70’s they would rather be with us Spending time then living in fear all by them selves. Knock on wood everyone is healthy and doing fine. Hell my mom still plays tennis every Tuesday with her friends. So you do what’s best for you and I will do what’s best for my family. Fear is no way to live!!
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #817
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I think you're simply missing the point that there isn't much if any reason for you to not be able to see your grandkids, for people to go about life working and paying bills etc like they used to. This whole "pandemic" is basically a big nothingburger pushed ahead by the media.

Nailed it. 👍🏼
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:33 PM   #818
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
Sorry you have not seen your grandkids for so long I’m sure it’s not easy for them either. I have made it a point for our kids and us to visit my mom and mother in-law On a regular basis cause They know there time is limited and the kids are growing up fast. They want nothing more than to keep things as normal as possible cause at there age 70’s they would rather be with us Spending time then living in fear all by them selves. Knock on wood everyone is healthy and doing fine. Hell my mom still plays tennis every Tuesday with her friends. So you do what’s best for you and I will do what’s best for my family. Fear is no way to live!!
It isn't that we are running scared, we do go to Costco (with masks), we do order and pickup at Fred Meyers, go to Goodwill, my wife donates time at the food pantry 2 days a week, go to the post office and even Dairy Queen. But with the grandkids it is a totally different story. Our daughter-in-law works in the medical field in Medford and part of her time is spent in the testing station at the hospital. She has had to do 4 stints of required quarantine because of exposure. So not seeing the grandkids is commend sense, not running scared.
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 06-17-2020 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:42 PM   #819
I wanna be Dave

Fuel for the fire... Read two articles, one on Fox and the other on CNN that talked about masks not being nearly as effective at stopping the spread of C-19 as the "experts" thought.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #820
I wanna be Dave

Boss: Hey, what do you have left on that install, the next portion of that equipment is coming soon, and your stuff needs to be done before it gets here.

Me: I have to connect up all of the exterior cabling, perform a function and match check, then dress all of it up.

Boss: Great, how long is that going to take?

Me: Three to five days, given there are no surprises.

Boss: So you'll be able to get that done by the end of next week.

Me: Yes, I have a few more cables to wring out today, but I will be starting the actual hook-up tomorrow.

Boss: Oh, we forgot to tell you, you are supporting THAT other project for three days, maybe four, starting tomorrow...

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM