Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2020, 07:39 AM   #901
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
Biden’s proposed gun control
If he is elected, I wouldn't worry about Biden's gun control policies. Worry about Harris' when she takes over in a year.

Here in Idaho, you can carry with no issues. However, you really don't need to. In places were its illegal to carry, you probably should.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2020, 09:00 AM   #902
Quarry Creeper

Old man is out of his mind!

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/wo...s-tweet-163337
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 06:05 PM   #903
RCC Addict

Well I ordered my Procrawler chassis on 9/26.. with a 1-5 days shipping notice. Asked for a refund after 4 weeks, got shot down. Finally got an email today with an estimated shipping date of November 9th. I’m a little disappointed and wishing I would have went with the gspeed chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 06:32 PM   #904
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Well I ordered my Procrawler chassis on 9/26.. with a 1-5 days shipping notice. Asked for a refund after 4 weeks, got shot down. Finally got an email today with an estimated shipping date of November 9th. I’m a little disappointed and wishing I would have went with the gspeed chassis.

WTH? Are they shipping it from Mars and just waiting for USPS to send a rocket?
Old 11-03-2020, 08:41 PM   #905
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
WTH? Are they shipping it from Mars and just waiting for USPS to send a rocket?

Hungary... but might as well be. Apparently the fr4 material they make the frame rails out of are impossible to to cut. The previous contractor “broke every machine they had” trying to mill the rails and told them to pound sand and find someone else to do the job. Pretty frustrating to have almost $200 just floating waiting on a hope and promise that they’ll ship soon.

Old 11-03-2020, 11:50 PM   #906
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post

Yeah, I ordered a battery tray, sheet of lexan and a Bowden tube off Amazon on the 21st and it’s still not shipped.

Emailed sellers, full of broken English, so that wasn’t help, lmao.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 03:07 PM   #907
RCC Addict

I remember 4 years ago when our Fearless Tweeter won the election, I posted in some thread here about how I was worried that he would do things I thought were bad. People here had great fun insulting me, calling me a snowflake and a cuck and whatever else they could think of.

It turns out not all snowflakes are blue.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 02:56 PM   #908
Quarry Creeper

Winter blend gasoline. Why the hell are we paying 10% more for 10% less performance and MPG?
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:22 PM   #909
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Winter blend gasoline. Why the hell are we paying 10% more for 10% less performance and MPG?
Try running E85 in the winter, price does up and power drops even more due more gas in the mix, sometimes I’m not sure if it’s mixed with 87 octane
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #910
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I remember 4 years ago when our Fearless Tweeter won the election, I posted in some thread here about how I was worried that he would do things I thought were bad. People here had great fun insulting me, calling me a snowflake and a cuck and whatever else they could think of.

I think it’s the projection thing, those that scream “Snowflake” the loudest happened to be the biggest snowflakes out there.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:45 AM   #911
I wanna be Dave

USPS... Again...

Sold a RC (Bomber), packaged it up in a box that was a bit too big for it, but was able it fill the void with air packing. Took it to the post office and damn near crapped myself when she said that it would be $90 to ship it. Protesting, I told her that the box only weighed about nine pounds. She said it didn't matter, it went off of the size of the box. Two hours and two rolls of packing and duct tape later, the box is a lot smaller, weighs a lot more, but will only cost about $30 to ship.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:58 AM   #912
RCC Addict

Quote:
USPS... Again...

Sold a RC (Bomber), packaged it up in a box that was a bit too big for it, but was able it fill the void with air packing. Took it to the post office and damn near crapped myself when she said that it would be $90 to ship it. Protesting, I told her that the box only weighed about nine pounds. She said it didn't matter, it went off of the size of the box. Two hours and two rolls of packing and duct tape later, the box is a lot smaller, weighs a lot more, but will only cost about $30 to ship.
Geeze... $90?? Glad you were able to get it down. I've shipped a lot of things from rc stuff car parts to guitars and I don't think that a lot of people realize how much of a pain in the ass it is to get shipping quotes. But if you don't get a quote then you can screw yourself pretty bad. And there's no way that I would come back to a buyer after finalizing the total cost and then say "Oh by the way... it's going to be more than we had agreed upon". Shipping sucks.. the whole process.. from getting it all packaged, to getting a quote ( or multiple quotes ugh) to finally getting it sent out. I feel you.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:01 AM   #913
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
USPS... Again...

It is likely USPS does the same thing as UPS and FedEx in regards to box size. In simple terms, carriers want to maximize the weight capacity of their vehicles. If they fill a truck full of bulky, light-weight boxes, but it is at half of its weight capacity, they see that as a loss. So, they have a formula using the weight and dimensions of the package that somewhat makes up the difference. If I ship a 10x10x10 box that weighs 1 pound, I'm going to pay the same or possibly more than if I shipped the same box weighing 7 pounds.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:25 AM   #914
Rock Crawler

Quote:
USPS... Again...
Next time try DHL and you gladly go back to your mail service
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:20 PM   #915
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by themountain View Post
Next time try DHL and you gladly go back to your mail service
I think I'll stick with the devil I know...
Old 11-17-2020, 07:06 PM   #916
I wanna be Dave

Default Rant Thread

Quote:
USPS... Again...

Holy cow!

Next time, see how much it is to ship to Hawaii lmao. Every one of my Amain hobbies order almost always has $20-$40 in shipping alone! My Ender 3 and two spools was around $60 for shipping from Amazon

Shipping is a PIA here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:26 PM   #917
RCC Addict

I’ve had a vacation planned to see family this next week since before this COVID thing was even brought to light. Here we are months into mandatory masks but numbers keep getting worse? And in flu-season? But haven’t heard of anyone getting the flu. Now these f***ing leftist liberal governors on the left coast are trying to control what you do. Less than a week before I’ve planned to leave with commitments I can’t get refunded on, they throw up these restrictions. Here it is the day before I’m off for a week and my work tells me if I go I’ll be taking 2 weeks off unpaid when I get back. I get they’re just trying to cover their own ass but get real. I can travel across the state line to get medical care but if I sit down and have dinner with a family I have to quarantine!? This country is going to hell in a hand basket quicker than shit through a goose

Old 11-19-2020, 02:54 AM   #918
Rock Crawler

It would be nice to have an ignore list/button here on the board !!
Would make things less...mmh lets say "confrontational"
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 03:32 PM   #919

Default Rant Thread

Good to see the rants still flying!

I’m tired of COVID, tired of it killing fun things to do, tired of fall and getting dark at 5 PM. COVID. Getting dark this early is the absolute worst and very depressing even for a person like myself that rarely ever gets into deep ruts. We don’t even get snowfalls anymore to make fall and winter worthwhile. Bring on spring!

I think I’m just getting old and getting tired, period. I sure feel it!

I’m also tired of so many people being entitled and overreacting to everything. I can’t wait until our society turns into an adult society once again. It’s been at least 11 years since we had that. Lighten the **** up people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post

And you survived, unscathed I’m sure, so do you now see it was an overreaction?

Yes, some of the other side is also now overreacting. Do you see how pathetic they look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
I think it’s the projection thing, those that scream “Snowflake” the loudest happened to be the biggest snowflakes out there.

Kinda like those that yell “racist” at everybody and everything. Those people are the biggest bigots. Racism isn’t widespread. Snowflakism definitely is.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 04:18 PM   #920
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I’m also tired of so many people being entitled and overreacting to everything. I can’t wait until our society turns into an adult society once again. It’s been at least 11 years since we had that. Lighten the **** up people
This right here.. it’s hard to go through some of these threads. Adults acting like children, children thinking their adults. We’re in some tough times and I’m ready for it to be over with.

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM